A/S/L 17/M/Cal
try listening to underground rappers man their way better
Posted on: 2008/10/27 17:30
  •  eni-san
      eni-san
Re: Rap/Hip Hop-it aint that bad!!
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L it's a secret
i must say that rap is growing on me. i'm from memphis, tn, and there are random rap artists popping up out of nowhere all the time...and they ALL sound the same. i mean, the stuff has a beat that's good to dance to, but the lyrics suck blood. because they all talk about how many cars/girls/bank accounts they have or how they're so amazing and whatnot...
but once you get out of memphis and start listening to stuff like lupe fiasco and common and others...rappers that are really saying something when they speak...it's pretty awesome.
i'm not gonna lie though...i do like lil wayne .
Posted on: 2008/10/27 8:10
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
is all about underground man!
Posted on: 2008/10/7 23:55
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
You sound good!

I'm a huge fan of hip hop, but I really don't like what's been coming out lately. There are some newer peepz I like, like T.I., Young Jeezy. I don't like Snoop now that he's gone pop, though.

I like the o.g.s - 2pac, Biggie, Three 6 Mafia (Tennessee bay-bay!), Bone Thugs, Brotha Lynch Hung (he's sicc in tha head and not sober, watch out), etc...

I like everything really though.
Posted on: 2008/10/7 18:29
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
well yea its true =/ only asian hip-hop is still real but U.S.A is a whole nother story lolz just the mainstream music i guess not the underground tho the underground rap is sick
Posted on: 2008/10/5 7:30
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/WEEZYANA
lil wayne FTW!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2008/10/4 20:32
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
you want hiphop/rap...listen to epik high and big bang...big bang has a new song...its called day by day...and its insanity to the max...
Posted on: 2008/10/1 16:51
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
You sound like Shing02 a bit, but Shing has a distinctive accent. I also listen to jazz, classical, etc. I'm pretty much open to a wide variety of genres. And Nujabes really does trigger emotion through his music. Epik High released their mini-album 'LOVESCREAM' yesterday. They never cease to amaze me, especially '1bun 1cho' [One Minute, One Second]

1bun 1cho PV
Posted on: 2008/10/1 13:26
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/M/California,USA
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

Tactix wrote:
DUDE I LOVE NUJABES!!lol n yeah i need to work on my flow and delivery..those tracks are soooo old..like 2-1 years T^T and i improve quickly..sadly the latest stuff i have of myself is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Q5rM3hiUM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wZe_0FzA4(me freestyling,so its not toooo amazing lol)

btw after i reply im copying your post and putting it in the top of mine as your recommendations..that way this doesnt look like im ruthlessly advertising myself XD

Another Nujabes listener~! =D I love his music too. He fuses hip-hop with mostly jazz samples. I like to think of mixing as a musical collage. xD Everytime I listen to Nujabes' songs, i'm at the state of peace and beautiful images start to bloom.

I have a lot favorites from Nujabes: But all his works are really amazing.

Letter from Yokosuka, Reflection Eternal, Counting Stars,Imaginary Folklore (ft. Clammbon, [I really love original version of Clammbon's 'Folklore' equally the same. But it's much more watered down than Nujabes' 'Imaginary Folklore'.] Feather, After Hanabi, Psychological Counterpoint, Aruarian Dance, Mystline, Kumomi, The Final View, Sea of Cloud, and many others. xD

My favorite Nujabes/Emcee collaboration is the entire Luv (sic) anthology. Especially Luv (sic) pt.3 because of Shing02's pen here. It's so beautiful, his lyrics display dreams, individuality, and life in general. Anyways, there is nothing wrong with advertising your music here. We have other members on this board who advertise their music as well. ^^ Just keep going and reach your destinations.
^_^ i love feather and the whole love sic project too!people said i sound a bit like shing02 but i cant hear it..that and lupe fiasco n eminem..still cant hear it in my music..

anywho

i also lovem cuz like you said his musics like a collage of mulitple genres ^_^ i listen to hip hop jazz and techno with some old country classical n rock so nujabes is heaven sent to me XD lol..ive gotten into spoken word lately n im thinken of writing a poem over one of his intrumentals..just because they convey emotion well
Posted on: 2008/9/27 15:14
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Tactix wrote:
DUDE I LOVE NUJABES!!lol n yeah i need to work on my flow and delivery..those tracks are soooo old..like 2-1 years T^T and i improve quickly..sadly the latest stuff i have of myself is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Q5rM3hiUM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wZe_0FzA4(me freestyling,so its not toooo amazing lol)

btw after i reply im copying your post and putting it in the top of mine as your recommendations..that way this doesnt look like im ruthlessly advertising myself XD

Another Nujabes listener~! =D I love his music too. He fuses hip-hop with mostly jazz samples. I like to think of mixing as a musical collage. xD Everytime I listen to Nujabes' songs, i'm at the state of peace and beautiful images start to bloom.

I have a lot favorites from Nujabes: But all his works are really amazing.

Letter from Yokosuka, Reflection Eternal, Counting Stars,Imaginary Folklore (ft. Clammbon, [I really love original version of Clammbon's 'Folklore' equally the same. But it's much more watered down than Nujabes' 'Imaginary Folklore'.] Feather, After Hanabi, Psychological Counterpoint, Aruarian Dance, Mystline, Kumomi, The Final View, Sea of Cloud, and many others. xD

My favorite Nujabes/Emcee collaboration is the entire Luv (sic) anthology. Especially Luv (sic) pt.3 because of Shing02's pen here. It's so beautiful, his lyrics display dreams, individuality, and life in general. Anyways, there is nothing wrong with advertising your music here. We have other members on this board who advertise their music as well. ^^ Just keep going and reach your destinations.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 19:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>