Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Utada United 2006 DVD
guest_Unregistered
Utada United is the ultimate Utada experience including your thumping foot tappers and soothing ballads, mixing both east and west. Before seeing the concert I had only seen a few PV clips and thought she might not be as good live but I was pleased to be proved wrong. I enjoyed every second of the concert and thought her voice was fine throughout. It's funny what some people like and some don't, I thought the songs with the cello were superb. The instrument was an inspired choice and complimented her voice perfectly.

I got my copy from Yesasia. It seemed to kick off a ridiculous hikaru obsession. It has only been diluted with the discovery of the equally stupendous Hitomi Shimatani, I have only a limited amount of obsession to give out.
Posted on: 2008/9/14 13:09
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Quote:
Yeah u right Josh, the energy make me chill.. honestly I cried when Hikki sing Dareka nonegai ga kanau koro the huge picture behind her and the cello really give the emotion. Ahhh war was soo useless sorry being emo here.

I honestly hated that part. I skip it every time. It was interesting to watch the first time, but it killed the concert for me. The cello was a bad choice as an instrument, and her voice is easily heard at this time in the concert. It is not a fair thing, as it's easy to hear how taxed it became.

I hope that she will tour once again - but learn to take it easy in the future. Intermissions are your friend, Hikki!
Posted on: 2008/9/14 0:44
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
I think the stage effect is very good... the lightings... the music changes to another song without having breaks in between... the arrangement of the song list is also good...
Posted on: 2008/9/13 12:06
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
^Wow to playing on a PSP..

The energy of this concert is indeed fun.. so fun.. I think i'll watch it again (for the umpteenth time) on monday..

Yeah u right Josh, the energy make me chill.. honestly I cried when Hikki sing Dareka nonegai ga kanau koro the huge picture behind her and the cello really give the emotion. Ahhh war was soo useless sorry being emo here.
Posted on: 2008/9/13 6:56
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
^Wow to playing on a PSP..

The energy of this concert is indeed fun.. so fun.. I think i'll watch it again (for the umpteenth time) on monday..
Posted on: 2008/9/12 23:10
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
I dont have this DVD, but I already download all UU06 all 13 part of it on youtube before it was disappear.and converted it into my PSP well lucky me... I can watch it every where ^o^ but I'm still trying to buy it till now but didn't found it.
Posted on: 2008/9/12 21:39
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:

as for mac, i dont mind burning a copy for you

sms me at 90661034

JJ.... i don't think it is very wise to leave your personal contact on a forum... you could have pm-ed me...

I think it's ok, because I have the image file in my computer... my writer can't burn a DL DVD, so I just had to mount the image...
Posted on: 2008/9/12 21:01
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Yes, her voice was less than stellar in the concert. But the energy of it - damn, it's fun!

I find that well, I skip the slow portion of the songs > the ballads are horrid.

When I get my official copy, I will watch it until the DVD melts.
Posted on: 2008/9/12 16:18
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
lol @ the guys who commented, i don't really like her rough voice on the concert

as for mac, i dont mind burning a copy for you

sms me at 90661034
Posted on: 2008/9/12 12:10
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
i bought it last year and i still haven't watched it

lol

maybe i could borrow from jj and make a copy for myself?
Posted on: 2008/9/12 10:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>