12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Your Childhood Hero
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
come on..everyone here has had to have at least one...you know...who did you admire growing up? the person you wanted to be like when you were an adult...you said their catchphrases anytime you could fit it in...you wore their costumes for halloween...you got an action figure of them for christmas...you wore their jersey nonstop...idk..other reasons (<--etc.) who inspired you to become to person you are today? lets get some variety on these answers shall we...

mine would have to be...and its not surprising, a soccer player...but not nakamura shunsuke no...actually nakata hidetoshi and toda kazayuki (i think thats his name..lol)...i loved nakata's style as a player...his sublime passing for an asian player...brilliant finishing on his goals...and for toda...his defending...amazing!!! and most importantly, how can you NOT love his spiked, red hair...it was insanity and a half...
Posted on: 2008/9/12 19:47
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Your Childhood Hero
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Childhood hero.... well maybe its not a hero, actually I like the story bout werewolf its soo interesting 4 me, when he/she change into werewolf I think werewolf more like a villain than a hero.
Posted on: 2008/9/12 20:25
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
lets stick to heroes and heroins...for topic purposes...get off topic and this thread goes down the drain...its goes about hey i liked this guy from this movie..blahblahblah...the party line...and it wont be about that person being their hero...just someone they caught interest in...waste of time and a waste of a post...not necessary
Posted on: 2008/9/12 20:31
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
I didn't have a set childhood hero, because they are always changing... At first it was Captain Planet... at every end of the episode they always teach us to save the Earth, ya?

When i grew older... I vaguely remember that I idolize a character from a drama... that I always imitate or try to do what he did... After some years... I do not have anymore "hero", I am more concerned with being myself..
Posted on: 2008/9/12 20:58
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Well sorry bout that KS-san, but to be honest I like those thing it was more cool than typical hero. Hmm maybe my real hero was a NINJA they were quiet but deadly, they breathe soo slow,Walk like a wind no one can even listen their step , they can be everywhere, stealth ability and of course how to kill person without being detected ( not Naruto here fans cos that manga ruin it). They more like a dog that protect their master even their master was wrong, but also they can bite back if being double cross by his master.
Posted on: 2008/9/12 21:14
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
I'd say Walt disney . The movies and work was publish out, i was so enthralled of a world through animation. It touched me on a deep level of drawing out a story that can connect through various ages. And that had made me interested in drawing and one day, I, too hope i can have the ability to draw out stories that can connect people of all ages. But i would say Hayao Miyazaki is my utmost favorite (still is) hero! I love his ideals, fascinations, stories, and personal beliefs. Also, the fact that he holds traditional animation close to heart, and does not succumb to everyday technology and follow every one on the show boat, and still be able to pull off great and wonderful movies is such a wonderful thing.The messages that he embeds in his work, give such meanings and shows us our world and many other. But the fact that he work so hard through his life to slowly build up to where he is now, i would just be sad that if he were to leave this world so soon, because then we would lose such a greatful, imaginative mind. But i'll stop here lol
Posted on: 2008/9/12 21:34
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
^Ah yah,, captain planet.. I also like Miyazaki's work. His movies are so cool and so fantastical. I love them.

But for me, when i was a kid.. I'd have to say my hero was Zero from the Megaman X games. That guy was so cool.. The way he fought with his Z-saber, his buster, and his learning system... I loved it all. To me, he was way cooler than megaman himself. When Zero got his own series.. Oh the awesomeness..

Then later it became Jackie Chan, where my love for martial arts films as well as the art itself began.
Posted on: 2008/9/12 23:23
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/WEEZYANA
ZENKI & ULTRAMAN...

Posted on: 2008/9/13 3:18
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
I liked Indiana Jones.
Posted on: 2008/9/13 7:55
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:

Then later it became Jackie Chan, where my love for martial arts films as well as the art itself began.

Jackie Chan wasn't quite a childhood hero for me... because I would always laugh during his movies... because I notice the way he run is funny... he will look left and right and start running crouched down... as if to dodge a bullet... lol... In one of his film, he walked into a court, bowed down and then crouched down and run to the audience seat like some secret agent... its quite funny...

But after the show, when i watch the bloopers, it is quite funny to watch, but I can feel the passion he put into the show, his stunts are like risking his life, damn... he is not young anymore...
Posted on: 2008/9/13 12:28
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>