Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...55565758596061...66>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Sport Corner ( World Cup 2010 )
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
MU won the first match , when actually they can scored goal alot like Chelsea do. I dont know what happen with Rooney performance, his mentality still unstable make his performance down so bad thats is why Fergie call him off and put Hernandes on.
By the way look like Berbatov didnt work as a team, even though he scored 1 goal, many chance he could pass to other team mate to scored a goal but, yet he instead play solo and in the end didnt have good angle to scored a goal.
Scholes were man of the match that night, good job form him applause clap clap clap :D
Posted on: 2010/8/17 23:37
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-a-rule-could-spark-court-cases

Curiosity of Kayoko, as a Chelsea supporter I had to hold my nose when entering this sight, sorry Kayoko I felt like Frodo Baggins on entering mount doom, I half expected ?Sauron? Wenger to be polishing one of his orbs...

Anyway the ?25 man rule? and the Mail?s Mat Barlow?s take on what the Premier League is dubbing ?The home grown rule?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1299051/Arsene-Wenger-hits-Premier-Leagues-disastrous-25-man-rule.html

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2094341,00.html

Edit: cut and paste above

Without doubt this is a contentious and controversial rule that will have a tremendous impact on the top clubs, clearly Arsene Wenger is not a fan, but the new ?25 man rule? is essential to bring clarity, fiscal common sense, and redress clear imbalances within the present transfer market.

Just 25 first team professionals can be named in a ?squad?, there will be no changes allowed until the next official transfer window, 8 of out the 25 named must be ?home grown?, leaving 17 places open for ?internationals?, Clubs like Chelsea, who presently don?t process 8 home grown players, a reduced squad must be registered . Clubs with more than 25 players will risk benching high salaried assets until opportunities exist to off load in the next available transfer window. Using Manchester City as an example after allowing the dust to settle, will have 8 player surplus to requirements...left grazing on the bench.....

It is a complex rule, with clear rewards for nurturing youth talent, and ?penalties? for accumulating leveraged debt.

The World Cup in South Africa and the national teams poor performance has invariably taken allot of the shine off the English Premier League, so immediate and radical action was required and the new 25 man rule will go some way in creating a level playing field for all irrespective of a clubs wealth or potential revenue.
Posted on: 2010/8/18 5:53
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Seriously Pips, you are much too tall to be considered a hobbit. And manager Wenger would never do acts of such evil...Chelsea supporters geez.

Anywho, the new “home grown” rule first implemented theis term requires a 25 man squad that cannot be changed and 8 players must be “home grown”. Any player under the age of 21 may be included to the 25 man roster. This means the remaining players left out of the squad must be loaned out to play first team or kick their heels on the bench until January.

And unlike Pips who is for this matter..I back Wenger and this should be dismissed. Okay, first of all I understand why the FA would pass this. The England national have played under par and cannot seem to find younger talent. It's good for England, but I think a bit selfish. It's just being used to benefit the national side than clubs. City's spending galore may have played a influence, but why should ALL clubs be affected? Take Arsene Wenger's club, Arsenal for example. They are one of the most profitable clubs in the world ever year, Wenger is one of the best in developing young players and often rely on youth than overspending every transfer window to strengthen the squad, but if they do they hardly spend. I'm arguing why a club like Arsenal have to be punished? Man City have indeed spent a boatload of money, but let them do it. Not every club in England spends and there are other clubs in England that nurture youth very well. And one other thing is that I think the FA are desperate for tomorrow's star. England is a great football nation, but a star is not born everyday. It seems that way in Brasil, but even so its a player every year or two. A scout in England will not find a Wayne Rooney or a Steven Gerrard everyday, it takes time..So just let the clubs play with the squads they have. They seem to be forcing the issue. Besides, clubs will elect to have the 8 domestic players as their under 21's than use a space on the first team list.
Posted on: 2010/8/19 21:44
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quite the week it was. Goal happy weekend as three matches ended 6-0. Arsenal beat Blackpool 6-0 behind a hat trick from Theo Walcott who promised he would make a name from himself this campaign. Chelsea scored 5 in the second half to beat Wigan 6-0 behind a hat trick of assists from goal scoring machine, Didier Drogba, and the most surprising result, newly promoted Newcastle stun usual top7 Aston Villa 6-0 behind a hat trick from Carroll.

The best match had to be the Fulhamerica, er hem, Fulham sorry /Manchester United match. United opened up the scoreline from in-form Paul Scholes. A low 35-metre blast flew past the outstretched keeper Stockdale..a real peach for his 150th goal..only 10 players in the United history have achieved such the accolade. United dominated possession for majority of the first half..Fulham were on a slow start. Damien Duff had not been involved with very few touches. Dickson Etuhu provided the only chance to score in the first. His open shot was saved, but left for a rebound...Etuhu had the right idea to chip, but Van Der Sar proved why he is the United #1 with a world class fingertip save. Fulham started the second half much better. Short passing were connecting and beginning a rythym. Duff's touch touch past Evra finally got Fulham going when his pass into the box found Simon Davies, in which he scored his first goal in 16 matches against United. United were flat. Nani's constant crossing provided United with a corner and when sub Ryan Giggs sent in a cross, Bredar Hangeland was on the receiving end...off of his knee for the own goal. It looked Fulham would lose by more when an unintentional handball was called on Duff in the box. Nani stepped up..but fired right to Stockdale's grasp. Hangeland had a chance to redeem himself. In the 88th, Duff sends in a cross and Hangeland of all players heads it past Van Der Sar to draw level once more. And that was it...fantastic. Fulham gets a deserved point and United were left wanting more.
Posted on: 2010/8/22 19:36
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
at MU : Fulham match, cant say anything
Posted on: 2010/8/22 20:02
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
I felt like Frodo?.Kayoko!.....not looked like him, do I honestly resemble Frodo after he?s been lanced by that hideous arachnid Shelob,?.Tut! Arsenal supporters, I should have sympathy really, visual impairment is a fact of life for Arsenal Fans?

Just to emphasize, homegrown players do not have to be English (born in the England), homegrown players are those who irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday and all clubs can further supplement their teams with an any number of players under the age of 21.

Players on loan cannot be replaced, but can regain their place on completion of the loan.

Clubs do not have to register a full team of 25 if they do not have 25 contracted players so consequently can add free agents outside the transfer window, if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named and registered. Also clubs do not have to name eight home grown players but if they do not have that many signed, however they will be able to pick from a team reduced by the equivalent sum of home grown players missing ??And most importantly these rules apply only to Premier League matches, not European (Champions League), FA Cup or League Cup fixtures. All clubs will have to register their squads to the Premier League by 17:00 on 1st September 2010, the current active transfer window closes at 18:00 on August 31st 2010?.Rule 25 is not a solution, astonishingly all premier league clubs have agreed to this new rule without fully consulting their managers, hence Arsene Wenger?s public outcry?

Man U 2 ? 2 Fulham, and a missed penalty that seriously got up Sir Alexs nose??."When you get the chance to seal the game with that penalty you should be taking it......it was a missed opportunity and it galvanized them, got the crowd up and they scored the equalizer." ??.."When we got that second goal I thought 'we've escaped here, but to miss a penalty kick to make it 3-1, you're throwing two points away their I?m afraid."........then to add insult to injury, Hangeland rubbed Man U nose in it by scoring both ends of the park, first in his own goal then the equalizer that split the points?

A hat trick for Walcott provided the Arsenal with a resounding 6 -0 win at the Emirates, resembling an afternoon stroll more than a football match, Blackpool looked dazes and confused a wake-up call for sure.

And Chelsea gave Wigan a 6 - 0 handbagging, but the real test for Chelsea will be next month at Eastlands.. Man City ??.

Posted on: 2010/8/23 2:56
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Tut! Arsenal supporters, I should have sympathy really, visual impairment is a fact of life for Arsenal Fans…

Oh really?? Okay..but too bad we saw right everytime Thierry Henry scored on Chelsea. I'm sure you remember all the defeats. And I'm sure you remember right when Henry Maradona turned past Petr Cech to score the open goal..Total Embarrassment!!! I'm still flabbergasted how Arsenal and Chelsea managed to do business with one another. Seriously, why acquire players from a less superior club?

Arsenal finally...FINALLY ended the Sam Allardyce drought. Since 2002 when Arsenal beat Bolton 2-1, we have not beaten a club managed by Sam Allardyce until yesterday. In form with something to prove Theo Walcott and my favourite Andrey Arshavin's winner meant maximum points and undefeated thus far in the season. Arsenal looks serious this term..Wenger is buying players to help. He bought Sebastien Squillaci from Sevilla in season when he doesn't normally. He had Koscielny, but he bought him anyways. We have a good mixture of experience and youth to make it deep and play well consistently. The only reason why Chelsea sits atop the table is because they've played no one. No challenge..can't wait until they lose to City. And the week after..because Arsenal get to reset Chelsea's home winning streak back to the goose egg. 3 October and 26 December fellas you will see me and Pips bashing heads. The only bad thing is that we look like hyenas beating Chelsea after tough matches. 3 Oct we beat them after Chelsea play City and 26 Dec we beat them again after they play Manchester United.
Posted on: 2010/8/29 12:23
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Ah ha ... Mr K..... Arsene Wenger and Sam Allardyce, how they make a lovely couple......

Arsenal 2:1 Blackburn Rovers

Sam Allardyce born 1954, Dudley a town in the black country that dates back to the 11th century, mentioned in the doomsday book, Sam was brought up on the tough Old Park Farm estate, where the rats wear overalls, and the ?yoofs? are commonly referred to as Slappers, Neds, Chavers, Bazzas....Sam is not known for his sense of humour, ...Dudley has air quality consisting of a sulphur mixture of burn out cars and tear gas,children wheeled to school in supermarket trolleys, and the local MacDonalds kiddies sand pit/play area known as somewhere to take your pitbull/human cross for a poo...

On the other hand we have Ars?ne Wenger, OBE (Order of The British Empire) born in 1949 in Strasburg France , a city known for its beauty and wealth ,a commercial centre since coming under the control of the Roman Empire in 923, Strasburg kept it rich renaissance period features since 1330....

Little surprise then that Arsene and Sam do not see eye to eye ...

So the fixture on Saturday was somewhat a grudge match, with big fat Sam drawing first blood ... quote: "Arsenal have more sending?s off and booking?s than anyone else?......

Only for Arsene to retort ?they (Blackburn) known more for Rugby than football? ........reference to Blackburn back row.... Samba 194cm, Kalinc 192cm, Nzonzi 193cm, Nelsen 193cm ...even Shriek?s cherub would have been pucking the bums rush facing that wall of flesh .....

Ahh and yes Chelsea v Arsenal ......Just the 2 fixtures ... and with Chelsea fielding their geriatric/pensioners, Arsenal should count themselves lucky .....So no excuses Mr K .....
Posted on: 2010/8/31 6:57
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Does Lampard mean that much to you? I think Chelsea are more than capable of holding their own with or without Lamps..all they need is Drogba to be fit then I can and I will brag about the wins.

And Wenger was spot on about his comparison to Rugby. Clubs like Blackburn can only compete in top flight football because of their physicality. When the club's top scorer can't even amass double digits, one can only scratch their head and comtemplate just how exactly they have been in tier 1 for so long?..and how they have won the premier league title once in the 90's for that matter. The league were blessed and relieved with a more fair play when Robbie Savage left Blackburn for Derby County not too long ago. I still highly regard them as the most physical side in England..
Posted on: 2010/9/1 2:20
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Sad but True .....Kayoko.....this is sad but true ......
Recently old age Chelsea FC pensioners John Terry and Frank Lampard were seen placing an order in MacDonald?s for just one Big Mac, Fries and a Drink.
Terry un-wrapped the Big Mac and carefully cut it in half, placing one half in front of Lamps. Terry then carefully counted out the fries, dividing them into two neat piles placing one pile in front Lamps. Terry then took a sip of the beverage, handing the drink to Lamps, who took a sip and then set the cup down between them, as Terry began to take a few bites of Big Mac, people seated around them were looking over and whispering.... 'Poor old Chelsea and England farts all they can handle is one meal for the two of them?.
As Terry began to eat his fries a young Arsenal fan came over to the table and politely offered to buy another meal for the ageing couple. Both said that they were just fine, insisting at Chelsea FC they were used to sharing everything.
People on adjacent tables noticed that poor old Lamps had not touched a bite. Lamps just sat there watching Terry chomp away only occasionally sipping the drink.
Finally, Terry finished and was wiping his face neatly with the napkin, the Arsenal fan trounced over again as Lamps had yet to eat a single bite, and asked 'What are you waiting for ?......Lamps lifted his head and tearfully answered .... 'THE TEETH for god?s sake.'........

Chelsea have been relying on the same ageing players for the last number of seasons, Drogba, is turning 33, Lampard, 32, Anelka, 31, with Malouda, Cole, and Terry hitting 30 this season.......

You may be asking about the so called new crop of young player?!!!!!! .......

Chelsea sold Sinclair (21), Stoch (20,) Rajkovic (21),Di Santo (21) Loan to Wigan, and Matic (22) .....

Arsenal have the advantage ....one only have to look at the numbers of electric mobility vehicles parked in the Chelsea players reserved spaces at Stamford Bridge ......

I did not know until yesterday that Arsene Wenger has a degree in Electrical Engineering along with a Masters in Economics from Strasbourg University, he is also fluent in French, German, English, and can hold his own on holiday in Italian, Spanish and Japanese....
Posted on: 2010/9/1 6:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...55565758596061...66>