<1...60616263646566>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re: Sport Corner ( World Cup 2010 )
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Sorry Mr K I wanted to go ten to the dozen on the weekend?s premier league but England's 2018 World Cup rival Russia has turn into something of a soap opera...

So let start from the beginning Alexei Sorokin central to the Russian bid team, made a few disparaging remarks about London, "It's no secret, for example, that in London they have the highest crime rate compared with other European cities, and the highest level of alcohol consumption among young people, we could start a conversation about the lack of tolerance and inciting ethnic hatred by English fans, but do not behave like the aunt in the kitchen criticizing our neighbors?.

Sorokin also reflected on problems of racism in Russia, while in the same breathe justifying the ?monkey? treatment meted out on our black footballers, he said Russia did not make capital, for example, out of Manchester United fans being anti-American by burning a US flag,........

Only for Miguel Lopez, chief executive of the Iberian (Spain, Portugal) bid, to accuse England of doing a deal with the USA in breach of Fifa regulations, ?This is all very strange. On 28 September [David Dein] held a press conference in which he said they were sure it would not be long before the United States withdrew from the fight for 2018, this gentleman agreement must be telepathic or prophetic, because the United States did not pull out until 15 October?.......

To be fair to Sorokin "I can only apologize for this misunderstanding, we have the tapes of the interview and I know for a fact that I didn't break any rules, did not try to hurt or discredit our bid rivals, there was no malice intended, I'm 100 per cent sure of that, I am really sorry that because of several interpretations my interview was distorted. In the interview I used London's problems as an example. Such things are part of life in any big city, If you're talking specifically about my interview in the Sport Express and what the British media made out of it, I must say my words have been distorted in three different stages, first, people in the Sport Express had interpreted some of my comments in a vague way, not exactly what I was trying to express, second, much of it was lost in translation from Russian into English and then the rest was made up by the English journalists themselves. Because of all these things the final content came out in a wrong way." .......

Brezhnev would have pinned a medal on his chest for that load of old bullocks ......

Which prompts the question as to why then did the FA fall into the trap by responding in the first place , anybody who has been in Leicester Square returning home on a Saturday night at 2am would know that the young people of London like a good party, nothing wrong with that, the vast majority are non violent, like any modern City there is a degree of anti social behavior, but for the English 2018 World Cup bid team to make a formal complaint to FIFA over Russian ?slur? is nonsensical. It would not have any recourse to the England bid, which makes any complain a case of ?handbags?? and should have been ignored....

Sep Bladder, sorry typo Blatter needs to be removed from office, for a multitude of reasons all on record.........My Grandmother (English) says there is no fool like an old fool..... Blatter is confused between ?Countries? and the definition of failure to comply with the sport ruling body that are commiserate to the court of Arbitration, what Blatter's comments reflect more strongly is the ongoing paradox between football and failure to make positive change.

Posted on: 2010/11/1 9:20
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Sport Corner
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Pacman won again like usual, Mr energizer never lost in 12 rounds
Posted on: 2010/11/14 4:33
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Ok lets cast our minds back to January and the last time Chelsea met Sunderland, Chelsea delivered a 7 - 2 thrashing, so Sunday?s match at Stamford Bridge with Sunderland starting as 250-1 outsiders and having lost to Chelsea on 11 consecutive meetings, plus the fact that one has to go back to March when Chelsea were last defeated at home. So Sunday evening was hell on earth when Chelsea were comprehensively beaten to a 3 0 pulp, a torrid display, a pitiful performance, this is not the Chelsea that blew everyone away at the start of the season. Check out the stats,from hitting the back of the net 21 times in the first five matches, to just seven goals in last eight games.

Chelsea looked jaded and wooden, depleted and disadvantaged by the injuries of Lampard, Alex, Essien and Terry, the lack of depth and passion was evident in Ramires who has failed to live up to his reputation for clinical finishing since his ?17m transfer from Benfica.

Sunderland on the other hand looked dangerous from the off, convincing with an air of persuasiveness, verve and confidence, bold in attack and adventurous in midfield, Welbeck?s crossing was pin point in its accuracy, and Onuoha onslaught produced the inevitable goal fest, watching my Chelsea buckle had the tears rolling down my face in disbelief, Cole howler of a back pass to Cech on 87 odd minutes, allowing Welbeck to ghost the ball home, made me scream out loud.

Add to this Kayoko who is probably sinking Pina Colada?s like a guy possessed, as Arsenal were the only side in the top four to win.

?My worst day?, shouts Carlo Ancelotti ?We didn't play well. Sunderland played a fantastic game with more fighting spirit and attitude, mentality. It's normal to lose the game if you don't show this kind of mentality?............ ?Was it the worst performance under my management? I think so. The performance was poor today, but in football it can happen if you're not at your best and don't play with your best mentality?.

Fair dues to Sunderland and manager Steve Bruce who named the win as the proudest moment in charge of the club, capturing the moment with, ?It's not often you beat this lot 3-0 in their backyard. It won't happen very often again. We really took it to them. I'm very proud of the performance, ?I?ve sat here many a time after a hiding. I said to my assistant (Eric Black) beforehand that I thought we'd get something. There you go.?

Go on Kayoko say your worst .........

Only Exams to look forward too.... tweedly dum, tweedly dee.
Posted on: 2010/11/17 2:35
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Chelsea are in extreme trouble. I said they were when they failed to score against Aston Villa and Man City. The stats show it, Drogba pulled the rabbit out of the hat too soon as those are usually the finale, or he doesn't have much experience as a magician. Anywho, Paulo Ferreira spun around in circles so many times I lost count. He looked so lost at centre back. But Sunderland always seem to take valued points from bigger clubs and those 3 points were huge. Steve Bruce said it right, small clubs like Sunderland aren't expected to beat Chelsea, but these rare wins can be vital and significant. So Arsenal close the gap to just two points and can surpass Chelsea after a win over Tottenham.

But what surprises me is the Barclays Premiership is considered the fastest league in the world. Counter-attacking at its finest, sublime long passing mixed with clinical finishing proves why. One word can define the Premiership, FAST. But England didn't show fast against France Wednesday. Very surprising seeing Andy Carroll in the squad, but I knew he is a progressing player..very talented in the air and a very good finisher. But who was this Henderson character? Isn't he at Hull? Or Stoke City? Where was Adam Johnson? Isn't Phil Jagielka a centre back? Funny to Kieran Gibbs can start first team for the national squad, but can't find his place at Arsenal. And what was Capello's gameplan coming into this “friendly”? They just didn't want this match it looked. France however came out aggressive, running at the English back four and it gave France chances. Nasri lined up behind Benzema and Malouda given the roaming ability, they wreaked havoc to Rio Ferdinand and Joleon Lescott. Benzema's goal off of a one-two with Malouda was world class I think. Martin Tyler was right about Benzema, “He got a bit older, a bit wiser. No one questioned his ability and he's shown that tonight to this Wembley audience.” Good for France, England? Capello is warming up the seat for Harry Redknapp.
Posted on: 2010/11/18 20:22
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
About the England v France friendly, a heavy emphasis on that word ?friendly? too Mr K......

Whilst France have taken positive and effective action after the World Cup, comprehensively making wholesale changes to the national team and management structure, banning the tin pot revolutionaries, Evra, Anelka, Toulalan and Ribery, and ringing in a new coaching Ayatollah none other than Laurent Blanc, on the other hand after returning from South Africa, England coach Fabio Capello has been accused of having a preverbal beer and then going shopping, but this Friendly was all about experimentation, Fabio Capello gave the youth team a chance to shine, in the guise of rookies Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson , but I will not make pretences, this was a new squad carrying all the same old dogma, and yes MR K they were trampled on by France.

Malouda clearly had a field day parking himself on the left and cutting in to the center at will, he could have pushed a full shopping trolley past Henderson and picked up his vouchers and loaded his car, with the amount of time and space he was allowed, and Barry with all his experience, failed to overlap and provide cover, England had some moments to savour but too few and too late...... Come back to you later about Premiership and Chelsea....
Posted on: 2010/11/19 7:37
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
We are going to the Final AFF Cup after beat Phillippine with Aggregate 2:0 , next Final hope we can beat Malaysia.

Something more wonderful Ferdinand, Ryan Babel, and Fabregas congrats to our national team , on their official Twitter account
Posted on: 2010/12/19 18:45
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
WOW !! it has been a while since I've posted.

Many news running about. The new season going on and all and new surprises...So lets refresh.

LONDON, England.
Chelsea starts he season on a tear. Drogba, Malouda, and Kalou lead the league in scoring with 5 a piece and Chelsea look unbeatable...But with financial problems due to UEFA's passing of the law of making a profit in order to compete in major European tournaments, they sack assistant Ray Wilkins and things only start to spin out of control. Chelsea go on a slump...very surprising. Cannot seem to win, let alone score. Now with Chelsea desperate to retake ona CL qualifying position, they must spend some money due to the lack of depth on the defensive side of the ball. But not only are they willing to spend on A, as in one defender, they are keen to add unnecessary firepower to their potent, but out of form attacking front. David Luiz the only defender worth mentioning in Carlo Ancelotti's list of needs in the back line. While many are rumored to help the front line, Sergio Aguero, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Pato, Daniel Pjanic to replace Lampard, and many more....spending money for the wrong reasons. They've climbed back into CL contention, but face a tough Bolton side Monday. A win would solidify a clear 4th spot. A loss would only make the race for fourth even tighter, something Chelsea cannot afford due to current form.

Arsenal, after years and years of criticism being called boys playing against men of the premier league finally live up to their much deserving potential and challenge the giants Manchester United and Chelsea, when they were on form. Marouane Chamakh, long admired by Arsene Wenger was finaly bought to produce up front due to the inability of the strikers in Bendtner and van Persie to stay fit. And he had done wonders providing solid goals from the striker spot with 7 in the league this season. But the real story behind Arsenal has certainly been the play of French sensation Samir Nasri, taking the league by storm and tearing up every defender who dares challenge him on the ball. 9 goals in league play leads the club and has even caught to the eye of Barcelona.

MANCHESTER, England.
Every person knew Sir Alex's side would yet again challenge for the title. Some surprising things from United. Rooney has been out of form and even threatened to leave the club in January until he U-turned and signed a long term deal with the side to "fend off" suitable buyers, but Berbatov and summmer bought, Chicharito has picked up the slack for him. Berbatov leads the league with 14 goals, with memorable moments like the hat trick against Liverpool and the spectacular 5 goal match against Blackburn I believe. Nani was primed to become the next star at the flanks after the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo. Nani leads the league in assists with 11.

But the biggest surprise from Manchester is not United, but City. After the Abu Dhabi tycoons bought to club out, the world knew they were on the rise. An unlimited amoount of cash flow, so good players coming into the club was only a matter of time, but the more importantly aspect of the club everyone questioned was when the success would follow. Having a experienced manager in managing a high profile club saw the club finish below par to expectations. One year after the major overhaul, they see themselves in third place and have solified themselves as top contenders. Only Arsenal sit between the Manchester sides and really are the only contenders for the league title as Chelsea who sit in fourth are 7 points behind.

OH! and another bit of news that really kind of bugged me was the situation with Cristiano Ronaldo. 25 years old, not married, plenty of model girlfriends that come and go, but how did he manage to get a baby boy? Well, reports have found out that the baby boy was brought into the world by a 20 year old English girl/ student who spent one night with Ronalo after meeting at a night club in London. Ronaldo supposedly paid the girl 10million pounds and signed a contract to have full custody of the boy and to not reveal her information of herself. Okay, seems alright, but what bugs me is the fact he doesn't allow the biological mother to see her own son. Ronaldo didn't buy the baby from her, just the rights to have him at his place. A baby's life no matter who it belongs to isn't worth 10 million pounds....nor 100 million. Not even how much Ronaldo offers. A life cannot be bought and he thinks he has. A friend of Ronaldo said in a interview that the girl "will never see him(the baby) ever again. A contract is a contract." The girl can just rip up the contract and say who she is to the media everywhere. She has nothing to lose, she has all this money, but doesn't have the freedom it seems. One cannot just forget about a baby, especially the mother herself. She has been said to repeatedly call Ronaldo after matches congratulating him and speaking with him over possibly having the chance to see the baby again. Ronaldo constantly denies her that option. Be a man Ronaldo. What is going happen when the boy grows up and he wants to see his mother? What will he say to him then? The mother is begging Ronaldo for a chance to see the boy...let her...
Posted on: 2011/1/23 20:40
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Cristiano Ronaldo is powerless to stop the mother, a 20-year-old British Student, from access or contact to the child she gave birth too.

Yes Mr K, the Real Madrid striker, 25, is allegedly to have paid the Mother ?10million to give up her rights to the boy, it is astonishing that Ronaldo thought he could purchase the child.
Judge Eurico Reisa an advocate for more than 29 years an expert on Portuguese family law, stated clearly a ruling makes such agreements worthless, Judge Reisa confirmed, this kind of contract has no basis in law and a court wouldn?t recognize it. The mother has the same rights to raise her child as any other woman, irrespective of ?fear or favour?.....

The boy?s mother has chosen to pursue the case through the family courts and is demanding right of access to her child.

EU law states clearly ?Constitution in all states (Portugal) establishes that children should not be separated from their parents, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child says the child has a right to live with either the father or mother, unless those parents have failed in their duty of care or through a court order......
The Mother, whom Ronaldo had a casual one night affair with after meeting at a London Club, regrets her initial decision to give up her baby, and has been regularly contacting Ronaldo demanding access to her child...

It defies belief that Ronaldo who confided to friends, ?the girl was fully aware she was giving up her rights as a mother, if she signed the contract and received all that money, she knew what the deal was.?, and thought that attitude had some basis in law, what was he thinking?, well a fool and his money are soon parted ....

Chelsea current premier league champions and some ten weeks ago five points clear seem now a shadow of the winning side of 2008/9. Currently sitting in fourth place and a scary ten points adrift off Manchester United, requiring a win against Bolton tonight, and with Man U a game in hand, Chelsea look like a team hanging on to a Champions League place by their finger nails, after the acrimonious sacking of Ray Wilkins, Chelsea are up sh*t creek without a paddle, are the media implying they really did not see this coming?.
Ancelotti: ?For Chelsea to win games, we have to play good football, we are not able to win games if we do not play well, we played very well last season and when we didn?t play well, we lost games, just as we have this season, our aim is to improve our football, this is the way to win games. It is our philosophy. We don?t want to stay back and maybe use the long ball or use the counter-attack, we want to play a different football so maybe this is also the reason that if we don?t play well we are vulnerable.?

Of course Mr. K?s dreamy everlasting affection, a divinely indefinable, nay a miraculously limitless ecstasy, encrusted in boundless passion, encompassing an orgasmic love for Arsenal FC, has it draw backs, it must be a serious bark walking around pitching a permanent Arsenal trouser tent.....

Run out of time, saving my Fifa post for tomorrow ......
Posted on: 2011/1/24 8:03
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Really Pips?

Well Chelsea seemed to have regained their lost form after dismantling Bolton 4-0 !! The attacking front of the Blues were on it as Drogba, Anelka, and Malouda each collected a goal and Ramires added another. Ancelotti said the key for Chelsea to win was to play good football. Playing bad and not being creative leads to bad results and the bad form for the past months were perfect examples. A good talk he must have given them because they seem to have be playing well and be intent on challenging for the title once more with the latter half of the season still remaining, it is still up for grabs amongst three clubs. Chelsea look to be the fourth.

Tuesday, AFC Asian Cup 2011. South Korea vs. Japan...Japan coach, Alberto Zaccheroni calls it the Asian Brazil vs. Argentina, or similar to the Milan derby. History sparked these two countries to have great matches filled with pride and it looks to be no different at kickoff. It will be a good one. Koo Ja-Cheol leads the Asian tournament with 4 goals for the Red Tigers and Japan as a whole unit leads the tournament with 11 goals. The battle for midfield will be the highlight as many players who play in Europe will be on display. Korea will more than likely deploy, Captain Park Ji-Sung who plays for Manchester United, Lee Chung-Yong, winger for Bolton, and Ki Sung-Yong who dons the stripes for the Hoops at Celtic. But Japan has the stars to counter with Bundesliga doubles Captain Makoto Hasebe of Vfl Wolfsburg, on fire Borussia Dortmund midfielder Shinji Kagawa, and mastermind Keisuke Honda of CSKA Moscow. It will be a barnburner for sure. I will keep you posted on this result, Pips.

FIFA has been criticised in recent times for their "bad" decisions, notably the decision to elect Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup. Well, an Asian football exec has come out and stated that Sepp Blatter, the president of governing body of FIFA to be replaced. He quote,

?Thirty-five years in one organization is quite long time. No matter how clean you are, honest or how correct you are, still people will attack you. You are going to be defenseless. That is why I believe change is the best thing for the organization.?

Sepp Blatter is the one who was refused to make goal line cameras to help referees in games, strongly requested after the England/ Germany round of 16 match in the World Cup after Frank Lampard's chip shot was inside the line, but waved off as the linesman did not see the ball cross the line, though replays show it was a clear 2,3 feet past it. Goalkeeper Oliver Neuer of course did not help the cause either.

And BIG news from England. Meet Sian Massey. An ordinary linesman, paid to call fouls in the area of where they are standing, make offside calls, and make calls on who touched the ball last when it goes out of play. Typical job of any person given that role. So what's so different....well Sian Massey is a woman. WOMAN !! I must admit, I have never seen a female linesman..but any job is for any person and nothing says football must be regulated by men entirely. So why the news then? Legendary commentator Andy Gray, who I deeply admire as he holds great knowledge of the beautiful uncharacteristically had a sexist talk with fellow commentator Richard Keys on whether Sian Massey was fit to be a linesman after debatable calls on offside in the Liverpool/ Wolves match. A big call was surrounded on Fernando Torres' opening goal as the through ball to Meireles looked for him to be offside, but the call was not made. Didn't matter because he was onside. And so was Kuyt who assisted Torres' second. It drives people crazy when they see women doing "a men's job". I don't understand why it has to be segregated. If a man made those calls, Andy Gray would not have cared, even if he didit would not have sparked such an issue as this. Your thoughts on this Pips?
Posted on: 2011/1/24 20:45
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
The decision to award the FIFA World Cup to Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 has been dismissed as a sham, the IOC announced in December Issa Hayatou FiFa?s vice-president is to face a full investigation as a IOC member.

In a statement The IOC confirmed: "The IOC has taken note of the allegations made by BBC Panorama and have received further evidence from the documentary makers that has been passed to the appropriate authorities?.

FiFa?s responded with a statement that the documentary makers had just raked up old news... "The matters concerning the case "ISL/ISMM" which is referred to date back many years ago and were investigated by the relevant authorities in Switzerland, in its verdict of 26 June 2008, the Criminal Court of Zug had not convicted any Fifa officials. It is therefore important to stress again the fact that no Fifa officials were accused of any criminal offence in these proceedings, furthermore, it is important to recall that the decision was made on matters which took place prior to the year 2000 and has been no court conviction against Fifa. The investigation and the case are definitely closed."

The IOC found this statement intolerable, as the evidence held on court file/record found more than 9 Fifa members have a case to answer, however the Swiss authorities are powerless to enforce Fifa member?s resident overseas to answer the charges.

The FA and the England bid team leaders have railed against Panorama branding the programme makers a national embarrassment, the screening of the programme timed to maximum effect.

Clive Edwards executive editor of BBC current affairs went onto the defense "Panorama's job is to investigate corruption and wrongdoing in public life so we put the information out there as soon as we could," on the BBC Radio 4,"Some people have said that it would have been better to do it after the vote but it is surely nonsense to suggest that you know a process could be flawed and you don't say anything until after it has happened. I am not prepared to sit on information we have. I believe that it is in everyone's interest that there should be a fair process (bid process) and that corruption should be exposed."

The English FA has subsequently received ?written material?, at its core a depressingly familiar tale, corruption is systemic within the structure of FIFA and Russia was able to home in on that in order to win the rights to host the World Cup in 2018.

Swiss investigators gave evidence that pointed to 6 members that accounts for 25% of the 22 members of the committee in charge of the world?s biggest sports decision allegedly involved in taking bribes. And at least, four other former committee members speaking openly about the culture of corruption around this decision, this is a mess.

To give some idea of how ?bent? FIFA executive Vitaly Mutko is,Mutko launched into an angry hissy fit against the British Media, saying; "No matter what we say we are portrayed by them as a hotbed of corruption. It is not true." Only for the Russian authorities then to launch a criminal investigation into alleged fraud at Mutko's ministry, Mutko's submitted a personal expenses claim for 97 breakfasts consumed during a 20 day trip to Canada. Total cost for 20 days breakfasts? $4,500, on top of this each night he claimed $1,499. In total, Mutko is said to have spent twelve times his official limit, presumably the bidding/voting system has an upstanding, independent arbiter?

This was contracted to KPMG who acted as an independent arbiter supposedly to guarantee the validity and indeed integrity of the vote, but the Swiss investigation team questioned some $23 million FIFA paid last year to KPMG for sundry and unspecified operating expenses.

But the case of WBA striker Peter Odemwingie that highlights just how vile, embedded, institutionalized racism is, Odemwingie made the mistake of leaving Russia for England recently, and presented with a massive banana banner in his last match, Russian football agent Vladimir Abramov ?explained? why, "Peter is a professional, but that's in contrast to other Nigerians, they are very insolent, headstrong, and black nationalism is evident in them, when there are more than three Nigerians, watch out: they aren't afraid of anyone."....some other quotes from the interview:

"An influx of Nigerians in a city means "drugs, and ultimately Aids".

"The French national team, in which black players play, has no relationship whatsoever to Europe".

"Teams shouldn't have more than one dark-skinned footballer. When there's more than one they are aggressive."

"Look, I am very respectful towards blacks: among them are very good people with whom I have made friends. But Russia isn't ready for them, that's the way it is."

5 nations made bids to host the 2018 World Cup, countries that spent an average $25 million putting their bids together and presenting them to FIFA. In Russia?s case some $35 million, England audited accounts show some $25 million spent on salaries for the 73 bid staff, the process of building 9050 hours from the bid itself cost $3m, inspection, preparations and substantial travel and accommodation costs for Fifa officials accounted for the rest....
Fifa cannot and will not account for as to why the bidding process was ignored in favour of counties that had not hosted the competition before, none of which was mentioned in the biding process.
I have not even got on to the Qatar 2022 bid....that for tomorrow......

Oh Kayoko.......It is hard to scream blue murder at Andy Gray and Richard Keys and accuse them of sexism, because it is hard to take what they say seriously......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1350265/Andy-Gray-Richard-Keys-sexism-storm-Sian-Massey-party-girl.html

Posted on: 2011/1/25 8:17
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...60616263646566>