<1...6263646566>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Re: Sport Corner
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I'm a little late, but any pinoys/pinays proud of our Nonito Donaire from last night? What a knockout!
Posted on: 2011/2/20 23:27
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
I'm a little late, but any pinoys/pinays proud of our Nonito Donaire from last night? What a knockout!

Well i'm not pinoys but i watch the match, he knock him on round 2 with left hook counter punch whaam.... Did you see the opponent face when the opponent want to get up . The ref should end it, even though he can get up before 8 count.
Posted on: 2011/2/21 0:30
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:

Well i'm not pinoys but i watch the match, he knock him on round 2 with left hook counter punch whaam.... Did you see the opponent face when the opponent want to get up . The ref should end it, even though he can get up before 8 count.

Yea that was a nasty counter left hook! Did you see Montiel's face in slow motion when he got hit by the punch? His faced warped! That knockout definitely ranks next to Pacquiao's KO over Hatton!
Posted on: 2011/2/21 15:38
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:

Yea that was a nasty counter left hook! Did you see Montiel's face in slow motion when he got hit by the punch? His faced warped! That knockout definitely ranks next to Pacquiao's KO over Hatton!

Yea if its not slowmotion replay, his head going somewhere from his body :P
Posted on: 2011/2/21 17:30
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
It?s little doubt that the Chelsea flops have left Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti walking the plank, as the chanting and the singing erupted around Stamford Bridge, Chelsea slopped away to confront a team and strategy in crisis.

The season started so well, stylish, and confident the team that left the pitch on Saturday looked like they had been a in car crash, Everton had shown character, with a never say die performance. For Chelsea the premier league title has slipped and the FA cup now is a distant memory. What remains is the prospect of the Champions League and the Chelsea faithful are not holding there breath.

The match was heading towards a goalless draw until Chelsea?s Frank Lampard struck in the first half of extra time, however Leighton Baines equalised delivering an exquisite and perfectly flighted free kick with under a minute remaining. Everton were behind once more after the first penalty, but they held there nerve as veteran Phil Neville?s walked up and empathically fired past Cech.

While Everton approached there task with spirit and ambition Chelsea could not take that extra step?..Ancelotti said: 'The season is not finished. Wait, this could be the best season we can ever remember. Chelsea have not died. We are still alive. The Champions League is the most important competition.' ??.

I am truly gutted just listen to John Terry as he wobbles on about the Champions League,'This is our main focus and, hopefully, we can win this trophy at Wembley. We're still in a big competition, and we're determined, we have to man up a bit and, as a group, take responsibility. The players are 100 per cent behind the manager. He has complete confidence in us, and we do in him. We aim to stay together and start winning games we?ve still got a small chance in the league and we're going to keep fighting. It would be disastrous for the football club if we didn't qualify for the Champions League.' ?? ?Man up a bit!!!!!!!???

Yes JT, I did indeed notice 11 Big Girls running around that pitch on Saturday,handbags waving and blouses billowing in the wind....

With Jose Mourinho stirred things up by hinting at a return. Asked if he would see out his four-year contract at Real Madrid, he said: ?I don?t know. I love Chelsea. I was the happiest man when I was there. I was thinking I would be there all my life. So you never know.???.
Sorry Ji I will post Champions League later and the price of the tickets at Wembley, for the moment I will take the opportunity for another cry in my beer, it a leffe???
Posted on: 2011/2/22 2:24
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Japan Champions of The World ~ 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup?..commentary says it all ?xxxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QpIQGO1s-I&feature=related

EDIT: Sorry FIFA has trampled all over it:
"Japan Champion of The World..."

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants, including: FIFA.

I didn't save a copy ....
Posted on: 2011/7/18 1:21
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
WOW, its been a while eh?

Anywho, lets just start again from the top. A new season is underway. Tons of stories and sagad unfolded before our very eyes and tons of new faces have been seen entering the best league in the world. The Barclays Premier League had kicked off just Saturday and with everything that has happened, we can just expect tons of fireworks and the most exciting season yet.

Just basic news for now. Val's squad got a close but surely 2-1 win over West Brom. Recently transferred winger Ashley Young had done the pleasure in giving United their first 3points of the campaign. Good start but also bad. Centre backs, Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic both left the match early and are out for a while. Rio is said to be out for 6 while Vidic sits for 2. An open defense means more messups and can mean settling for draws, we'll see.
Chelsea draw to Stoke City 0-0. Plenty of shots in the match, tons of opportunities...but just couldnt find the back of the net.
And for Arsenal...most of the stories throughout the league seemed to circle around this squad. Main story has been on Fabregas who has his desire to move back to Barcelona, his home club, finally come true. He sealed a 29m pound move to the Catalan for five years. Samir Nasri also seems to be on the move as well. Constant fails in negotiations for a new long term contract has drawn interest from other high profile sides and has already made their bids...City leads the way. With that in hand, starting the season like this wasnt the best of ways. Robin van Persie finally has played in the season opener for the first time I ever seen him. Newly signed Gervinho was looking to make his mark for the Gunners....wasnt to be so. He was just seeing red. Misses the next match against Liverpool and should be available for the United match the week after. But besides all of that, for a side that was so depleted in creativity, a draw looked to be a good result. 0-0 the scoreline.
Pips, on to you. Its been a while. Lets get it going.
Posted on: 2011/8/15 21:09
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Mr. K it a pleasure ?.This season is going to blow your socks off ?amongst other things .....

Well it was certainly a baptism of fire for the newly promoted to the Premier League; Queens Park Rangers looked like they had been beaten senseless after a four nil kneeing in the doo dahs.

I watched this match on sky from Bolton?s Cahill superb 25-yard curved peach of a shot to Gabbidon's slotting into his own net, Klasnic's glancing third and Muamba forth, then Clint Hill doing a Zidane head butting Petrov in the chest.
QPR is owned by F1 moneybags Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore, rumored to have a combined wealth of close to ?2billion, all these tight arsed twosome gave up for team investment was ?1.25m. Bernie Ecclestone?s daughters spend more on their shoes.

Ok I am going into one so let?s move onto Norwich who came away with a point at Wigan (1 ?1), it was about as exciting as watching my grandmother knitting, both teams seemed to be playing for a draw.

At least one could have some sympathy for Swansea, great for fish and chips, new promoted to the premiership and debut against money no object Man C, mind you Swansea did momentarily impress but Sergio Aguero scored twice on his first outing in a city shirt with Dzeko and Silva adding two more after rattling away at the woodwork, Man C will be the side to watch.

I am not talking about Chelsea, or Arsenal (both drew)?.I will pick that up at the weekend ?.

No I want to talk about Fabregas, the departing words ringing in Arsene Wengers ears ?who wouldn't want to play for Barcelona?, and if you happened to be Cesc Fabregas, born virtually on the steps of the Nou Camp maybe you would.

Well that depends on one perspective, the anguish Wenger must have felt at the sight of the full embrace Fabregas gave to Guardiola after taking a pay cut must have been telling, there is certainly no doubt that of all the disappointment Wenger must have felt in recent months was polarized in that one moment. I cannot imagine that anything could rival the emotional devastation implicit on Wengers face with the departure of his prot?g?. after all he had nurtured Fabregas since his 16th Birthday, it is not difficult to feel that Fabregas has betrayed the man who invested so much in the pursuit of excellence in one of football's truly great midfielders.

But a word of caution to Fabregas, I won?t even try to justify the Spanish Super Cup Barcelona 3 Real Madrid 2 as a football match Fabregas was hacked to the ground by Marcelo, a two-footed lunge, Mezut Ozil appeared to stamp on another player followed by the violent protesting by David Villa earned all three red cards.However it was the mass brawl involving both sets of players and both benches and made all feel sick. Jose Mourinho brawled openly with Barcelona assistant coach Tito Villanova as players and technical staff punched and scuffled away on the touchline.

And check this out ?. La Liga strike to go ahead as talks collapse in Spain?

Quote: The Spanish league had been scheduled to start this weekend but around 200 players in the top two divisions have not been fully paid by cash-strapped clubs, some of which are in bankruptcy protection. Players are said to be owed up to ?43m in unpaid salaries?..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14596439.stm
Posted on: 2011/8/19 14:09
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Well, its another clash of giants again. These matches are always the ones to watch and this one will be a big one. Arsenal v. Manchester United. United has had the advantage the past few matches but I think though we are depleted, it makes us play harder and any result other than a loss is a good one for us and very disappointing to them. Who wins? i dont know.

And since we have a depleted squad, Arsenal are looking to strenghten it. Eden Hazard is being priced at 35m, Lille reported. THe only thing now is for Arsenal to come with the money, something we have. And three players have been added to Arsene Wenger's list of players to buy before the window closes in 4 days. After a 25m windfall for qualifying for CL this week, Arsene has renewed interest in the players it looked like they were lost because of disagreement in money. Arsenal are reported to have made another bid for Gary Cahill, and are once again linked strongly for Scott Parker and Chris Samba. So excited to see these boys in the picture once again. It looked like Wenger was not going buy anyone to buy anyone, but he has shown ambition to finally win.
Posted on: 2011/8/27 23:44
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Man U 8 ? 2 Arsenal, wait a minute that's an eight, ho hum ?

I sat watching a match that resembled a sporting charge of the light brigade, a Battle of Balaclava laid bare at a park in old Trafford??

I have adapted poet laureate Lord Tennyson?s poem:

?Reds to right of them, Reds to left of them, Reds in front of them, volley'd and thunder'd, not tho' the strikers knew, someone had blunder'd... charging an army, while all the world wonder'd, when can their glory fade? O the wild charge they made!, Honour the charge they made!, Honour the Gunners, noble eleven? ..

Arsenal?s worst defeat since 1896 in Loughborough Town, poop the duvet the score line resembled a hockey score, I evoke Tennyson, because the Arsenal?s faithful fans stayed and chanted ?we love you Arsenal, we do?. ?such devotion, such defiance?shame it did not filter onto the pitch....

Wenger?s transfer policy is patently bonkers.

The Gunners need a centre-half in either Gary Cahill or Phil Jagielka however Wenger on Sunday night announced a deal was close to sign South Korean play maker Park Chu-Young. Let?s not take anything away from Park Chu-Young, a talent for sure, but hardly the Cavalry.

Oh How Arsenal miss David Dein, the director that gave Wenger a solid kick up the Jacksie to get him into action in the transfer market, moving early on targets, even if the Wenger is adopting his best tight wad impression, conversation went along the lines of:

Arsene Wenger: ?But David ?2m is far too dear?!!?

David Dein: "just buy the player you tight wad!"

Wenger harped on about lacking 11 players with ambition but ambitious clubs have strenght in depth.
It?s god given fortune that United started without Vidic or Valencia. From the off Man U ruthlessly exploiting Arsenal?s flaws clearly laid bare through the inexperience of players in key positions.

Look Arsenal had Coquelin, Traor? and Under 17 Ozyakup accompanied by French Under 21 Sunu sitting on the bench, in reserve Man U had Berbatov, Ferdinand and Giggs. There is no comparison.

It came as little surprise when Man U fans began singing to Wenger ?you?re getting sacked in the morning???..Well it is not over yet the body is still twitching?.. hold the last rites ??. Mega Hugs to Kayoko ....

Olympic 2012 .....

Remember this ?.Coe?s Speech for the press launch of the Cultural Olympiad?.

?We want it to include everyone and embrace young, creative people all over Britain and leave a human legacy of skills, confidence and stunning new Talent??

http://www.london2012.com/documents/culture/seb-coe-speech-cultural-olympiad-press-launch.pdf

??????.Now the Reality ??read and weep ? some of the bullit points

240 VIPs will be given exclusive use of their own luxury BMW saloon, complete with a driver, while another 2,800 officials will use a pool of opulent vehicles provided free.

Along the Olympic routes all non-Olympic traffic, including private cars, lorries, buses and taxis, will have to use the bus lane. The outside lane will be reserved for Olympic officials.

Transport chiefs will remove pedestrian crossings along the route to make way for the VIP lanes.

Right turns will be banned on junctions on the route to ensure traffic does not hold up the Olympic dignitaries.

Organisers have spent ?12million of public money fitting underground sensors along the dignitaries' route which will detect congestion surrounding VIP cars and then doctor nearby traffic signals to speed them on their way.

The fleet of luxury cars will not be available to Olympic athletes who will have to use special buses and bicycles.
Motorists will be slapped with a ?200 fine if they ignore the restrictions and venture into the Games Lanes ? imposed between 6am and midnight on 30 miles of Central London roads

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2030918/Traffic-lights-turn-green-Olympic-chiefs-ordinary-drivers-forced-bus-lanes.html

Written by Baron de Coubertin The Olympic Oath:

"In the name of all competitors, I promise that we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules that govern them, in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honour of our teams." ???

Oh how na?ve I have become ?! ?..

"They are what we were; they are what we ought to become once more"......Friedrich Schiller ode to naive and Sentimentality.....
Posted on: 2011/8/30 2:23
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...6263646566>