<12345...66>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re: Sport Corner
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Japan Champions of The World ~ 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup?..commentary says it all ?xxxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QpIQGO1s-I&feature=related

EDIT: Sorry FIFA has trampled all over it:
"Japan Champion of The World..."

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants, including: FIFA.

I didn't save a copy ....
Posted on: 2011/7/18 1:21
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
It?s little doubt that the Chelsea flops have left Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti walking the plank, as the chanting and the singing erupted around Stamford Bridge, Chelsea slopped away to confront a team and strategy in crisis.

The season started so well, stylish, and confident the team that left the pitch on Saturday looked like they had been a in car crash, Everton had shown character, with a never say die performance. For Chelsea the premier league title has slipped and the FA cup now is a distant memory. What remains is the prospect of the Champions League and the Chelsea faithful are not holding there breath.

The match was heading towards a goalless draw until Chelsea?s Frank Lampard struck in the first half of extra time, however Leighton Baines equalised delivering an exquisite and perfectly flighted free kick with under a minute remaining. Everton were behind once more after the first penalty, but they held there nerve as veteran Phil Neville?s walked up and empathically fired past Cech.

While Everton approached there task with spirit and ambition Chelsea could not take that extra step?..Ancelotti said: 'The season is not finished. Wait, this could be the best season we can ever remember. Chelsea have not died. We are still alive. The Champions League is the most important competition.' ??.

I am truly gutted just listen to John Terry as he wobbles on about the Champions League,'This is our main focus and, hopefully, we can win this trophy at Wembley. We're still in a big competition, and we're determined, we have to man up a bit and, as a group, take responsibility. The players are 100 per cent behind the manager. He has complete confidence in us, and we do in him. We aim to stay together and start winning games we?ve still got a small chance in the league and we're going to keep fighting. It would be disastrous for the football club if we didn't qualify for the Champions League.' ?? ?Man up a bit!!!!!!!???

Yes JT, I did indeed notice 11 Big Girls running around that pitch on Saturday,handbags waving and blouses billowing in the wind....

With Jose Mourinho stirred things up by hinting at a return. Asked if he would see out his four-year contract at Real Madrid, he said: ?I don?t know. I love Chelsea. I was the happiest man when I was there. I was thinking I would be there all my life. So you never know.???.
Sorry Ji I will post Champions League later and the price of the tickets at Wembley, for the moment I will take the opportunity for another cry in my beer, it a leffe???
Posted on: 2011/2/22 2:24
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
I'm a little late, but any pinoys/pinays proud of our Nonito Donaire from last night? What a knockout!

Well i'm not pinoys but i watch the match, he knock him on round 2 with left hook counter punch whaam.... Did you see the opponent face when the opponent want to get up . The ref should end it, even though he can get up before 8 count.

Yea that was a nasty counter left hook! Did you see Montiel's face in slow motion when he got hit by the punch? His faced warped! That knockout definitely ranks next to Pacquiao's KO over Hatton!

Yea if its not slowmotion replay, his head going somewhere from his body :P
Posted on: 2011/2/21 17:30
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
I'm a little late, but any pinoys/pinays proud of our Nonito Donaire from last night? What a knockout!

Well i'm not pinoys but i watch the match, he knock him on round 2 with left hook counter punch whaam.... Did you see the opponent face when the opponent want to get up . The ref should end it, even though he can get up before 8 count.

Yea that was a nasty counter left hook! Did you see Montiel's face in slow motion when he got hit by the punch? His faced warped! That knockout definitely ranks next to Pacquiao's KO over Hatton!
Posted on: 2011/2/21 15:38
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:

Posted on: 2011/2/21 0:30
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Posted on: 2011/2/20 23:27
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
A long time since I've posted. So sorry, Pips. You were worried I'm sure. Too many news since my very brief hiatus, so much to cover. So may I just cover the more recent news and Pips can add more on the ones I fail to mention. Lets start from the top.

Chelsea's buying of Fernando Torres was expected to pay off the the blues as they put a major upgrade on their attacking front. But it seemed as if they had abandoned their attempt to be "financially fair" and just bolstered their squad. Why not? ALL the other powerhouse clubs in Europe have not even tried yet. Their succumbed to the pressure of their rivals doing well and they were stumbling across the league as if they were drunk. As many fans alike thought they were officially "back" after winning two matches straight with goals plentiful, the buying of Torres and David Luiz at the window seemed to bring the play down even further facing defeat to Liverpool, a goalless draw to Fulham, then a disappointing loss to the hands of Everton in penalties 4-3, notable moment much to the distaste of Pips, the shot into the crowds from Ashley Cole. Carlo Ancelotti is now desperately seekeing salvation in any form. None of the players are looking in the same direction and have declined in play. Drogba after his start is not scoring as he used to, and Lampard's hernia surgery seemed to have broken the heart of the blues and basically burned out not having a deep squad because of many injuries. Misfortune one would call. SO what's the answer? Roman Abrramovich is looking to bolster the squad once more. Many names being mentioned, Alexis Sanchez from Udinese being the top name mentioned to help the attack. So more money being spent....*sigh Will Abramovich ever let his side just play? Even the managers are frustrated. Having a strong side is all well and good, but when one manager is faced with so many of them at once, he can get very stressed picking teams and faces fierce criticism when they do not get maximum points every outing. Something needs to change. They have FC Copenhagen on Tuesday for CL....Torres wanted CL football. And he got it. Time to play, boy.

Manchester United is no longer "invincible". After a loss to lowly Wolves, they rebounded very well in the Manchester derby with City. I expected United to drop this match as well, but Wayne Rooney showed why he is one of the very best in the world with his cool finish, the highly eye-appealing bicycle kick. Undoubtedly the goal of the season. The quality of the finish and the significance wins it in my book. And nine changes made Sir Alex look like a professional gambler. But he thought, "Crawley? You must be joking!!!" Not so much of one though. 93 positions ahead in the league tables above the fifth tier Red Devils, a rare, emphasis on rare, goal from Wes Brown was all they could get to earn the win. But one goal or sixteen goals, it gets them into the next round. But major kudos to the Crawley team, Sir Alex even had to upmost respect for them saying they deserved a draw and a replay for a second leg. They poured it on late and the bicycle kick from one their players should have made it level.. They have French Ligue 1 champions Marseille on Tuesday. That should be a very god match. Marseille surely has the quality to beat them, I hope they do.

And finally Arsenal. After that horrible second half against Newcastle, giving up 4 goals to settle for a point, they played host to Wolves, a week after they slayed the might Manchester United. They wanted to do the same to the Gunners, but at home, we are nearly unbeatable and showed that with a 2-0 win. CL followed being linked with the major powerhouse Spanish champions, FC Barcelona. ALL the tabloids marked this THE best pairing for CL, the rematch from last year's Quaterfinals and the rematch of the 2006 CL finals. Fives matches against Barcelona has ended in defeat. Barca came into London with the same mindset to do it once again and cruise into the Nou Camp with the advantage and surpass us once more....I guess they thought too far ahead. This match fancy football with the most stylish football clubs in the world going head to head. THe biggest story was how Arsenal would contain Messi. 28 goals in 35 matches this season, surely he was expected to score and create a ton more for his teammates. He did...to David Villa. But the resiliency showed for the Gunners, who showed they were kids no longer and stood face to face with their opposition. Djourou and Co. pestered the likes of Messi, Villa, and Pedro and held them to a single goal while scoring two themselves to win? Yes, win. Van Persie's form in goalscoring has been unreal somewhat, 10 goals in the last 7 matches heading into the match, he provided the equaliser. And Arshavin fought off some critics to score the winner and prove he is still a great player. A great player he is. CL resumes 8 Feb at the Nou Camp. Arsenal leads in aggregate 2-1, but Barcelona do not disappoint in Spain, they are looking at defeat...not even considering it. Not an option, they will surely bring the pressure and we will be heavily dependent on the defence to show up and play the way we did in the first tie. Well, enough of the upset....the match after CL seemed easy somewhat. Arsenal goes to Brisbane Road to derby with Leyton Orient. Barry Hearn, the chairman on Orient said his club had no chance in beating the mighty Arsenal. On paper, Arsenal were leap years above Orient, but matches like this proves that games are not won on paper as Orient fought back late in the match, something Crawley did against United, to score the equaliser and secure a rematch at the Emirates. Maybe fatigue could have played an issue. Not many great players were starting and they lacked presence at times. We have been notorious to not play well against lower tier clubs and this was another one of those matches...

covered everything from the big 3...anything else Pips?
Posted on: 2011/2/20 22:23
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Chelsea 0 ? 1 Liverpool, exactly a week ago today the British transfer record was smashed twice, firstly by Andy Carroll who signed from Newcastle to Liverpool for ?36m, and Fernando Torres who left Liverpool for Chelsea for ?50m, as the Transfer window closed, but this is not the end of the story by any means, these two signing heralded a astonish 24 hour spending spree, as Monday 31st drew to a close both Liverpool and Chelsea spent a record ?134,000,000 between them.
Chelsea splurged ?50m on Torres, and ?25m on Benfica?s David Luiz, while Liverpool spent the humungous ?36m million on Carroll and a further ?23 million on Luis Su?rez.
All four deals were completed with just hours to spare, with Torres and Carroll putting pen to paper just 10 minutes before the transfer deadline.
For Torres this meant the tantalizing prospect of Champions League with his new club.

Torres: ?It?s my dream to win the Champions League and I?m sure I can, playing for Chelsea, I think all my team-mates share that dream with me, this is the target for every footballer - to try to play for one of the top clubs in the world and I can do it now. It has been two, three, four very, very hard days for me but I can now say that I am a Chelsea player.?

The foremost catalyst for all this spending was the sole decision of one man, Roman Abbramovich, who clearly has more money than sense, taking the decisive step as a source close to the Russian billionaire indicated , to ?get things sorted? as he tried in an instant to make Chelsea competitive again and ensure they finish in the top four.

I was sat glued to Sky ?real-time? as the whole saga unfolded. Some hours after the whole deal was thought to have fallen through Abbramovich in a single phone call, personally had taken over the negotiations to revive Luiz?s protracted transfer from Benfica to Chelsea that everything started to fall into place. Luiz literally having to rush to Lisbon Airport for the third time that week, papers he had signed had then to be rushed across Europe to the Premier League London offices to seal the move.

So on Sunday Chelsea hosted Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, Torres made his debut, but Caroll joined Liverpool carrying an injury so remained on the side lines..

For Liverpool and manager Kenny Dalglish Sunday turned out to be a moment to remember.

With the clock ticking away on one of the most significant matches in both the clubs histories. It was Liverpool that connected and gelled, with Sammy Lee and Steve Clarke assisting Dalglish in the dugout. Liverpool took a pragmatic approach with players pairing up to thwart Chelsea building up any momentum moving forward. It was a sight, Dalglish as ever the Liverpool loyal servant with Lee, Clarke in tow.

Liverpool fans from the outset took no prisoners Chelsea stewards failed in their numerous attempts to grab the banners, one shoved in Torres face screaming, ?He who betrays will always walk alone?, and ?Torres a pawn on our chessboard but the King remains.? the chanting of ?Su?rez? or ?Dalglish? rang out incessantly drowning out Torres?s name.

The Drogba Torres Anelka partnership needs lots of work, or just simply abandoning, losing Anelka maybe, Chelsea were desperately lacking width , particularly with Liverpool?s wing backs moving forward, Glen Johnson pushing Cole and Bosingwa deep.
The shocks simply added to the drama, the astonishing miss from Liverpool?s Maxi Rodr?guez, who managed to hit the bar from just three yards out with the goal mouth gapping wide, Chelsea were lucky not to have been a goal down at that point, then the sight of Chelsea?s Ivanovic and Cech arguing?? to the backdrop of ?You should have stayed with a big club,? could be heard from the chanted Liverpool hordes, clearly homing in on Torres parting words, that he was joining a ?big club????Are they to be ?famous last words? we will see ?..
I know Kayoko is livid at the Arsenal v Newcastle draw which saw Newcastle came back from four nil down, but they still managed a point, Man U dropped a game against Liverpool. Chelsea desperately needed a win and on a day that history was made ?.

Posted on: 2011/2/7 5:48
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Well, it seems the big clubs will be attempting to overthrow UEFA's "strict" ruling, though I think this is well made and is necessary for clubs so they no longer "ruin" the transfer market every time the window opens. The point of having youth academies exists for this very reason. UEFA is encouraging the development of younger players instead of having established clubs buy players for long term to replace their stars short term. Trying to overthrow UEFA's ruling just because owners and clubs don't have patience to endure mediocre seasons is ridiculous. Fans will not take their support elsewhere. Otherwise this sport would not be as great as Pips and I state it is. I hope UEFA ban the clubs who do not make profit from major European tournaments. The operating association being strong-armed into submission to rid of the rule would spell corruption even more. I can live with not seeing Barcelona in CL...I hope they are the first club banned !!(Very strong distaste for the Catalan club. Filled with unimpressive talent and even more massive egos.)

Transfer:
Torres to Chelsea. Liverpool play Chelsea this weekend, Sunday!! Perfect time to move. Bookies favourite Jamie Carragher to be first to foul the Spaniard. I put my money on him as well. Liverpool use the cash received on Torres to spend an unprecedented ?35m for the 22 year old striker, Andy Carroll from Newcastle. Liverpool wanted talent up front for Gerrard and since Torres could not fill the void by himself, and believed newly Luis Saurez would be able to pick up the scoring slack all by his onesy. Carroll, only with half of a season of top tier football and with a mere one international call-up where he played less than 90 minutes bought for that amount would scratch the heads of most owners and fans too, but Liverpool believe he is the right man for the job at the moment to help them to glory once more in the long run, but for short term, to help salvage a top ten finish.

All this info on Liverpool bolstering the squad makes it seem as if I am counting out the Blues, but no. This is more than just revenge for Liverpool. But a good match for Torres to prove he is still a world class striker and he could not play at the level Liverpool wanted him to. Deadly the Blues front look(glad we beat Chelsea 3-1 at home) and to add more, they look to have acquired the guy they need to stabilise the defence in David Luiz, something desparately needed. He can provide pace in the back, something Chelsea needs to cover for Terry and a solid consistent performer...the man next to Terry lacked focus often and led to goals for the opposition. Expect that no longer with Luiz in the back.

Also news regarding the suppoed "witch hunt" on Arsenal midfielder and captain Cesc Fabregas after his remarks regarding the offside call on Louis Saha and the goal being allowed after the whistle was not blew when it was clear Saha was in an offside position. Sayin such things as how much was the referree and the linesman paid to throw the match and not make the call. Everton manager David Moyes believed Fabregas deserved to be sent off for it calling unclassy for a player as in Fabregas to say such things.

what else to add before the weekend?
Posted on: 2011/2/3 21:39
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Chelsea?s FC latest financial statement shows a ?70m loss on the back of winning the ?double? last season!!, yesterday the Chelsea board insisted that the club will meet the UEFA fair play solvency eligibility rules due to come into effect in 2013.
The rules are clear and will be implemented over 2010/11/12 becoming mandatory from the beginning of the 2013/14 financial reporting period.......failure to comply will trigger the UEFA financial control panel to pronounce sanctions, based on reconciled financial statements for 2011/12 and 2012/13.

The Financial Fair Play Regulations detailed in the PDF below, Auditors will have a field day with ANNEX X: Calculation of the break-even result from page 75 through to 84 where exclusions are mentioned or should I say mumbled.........

Scope:

a) Depreciation / Impairment of tangible fixed assets.
b) Amortization / Impairment of intangible fixed assets other than player registrations.....

Using Amortization (debt) formula P = A * ( R - 1 ) / ( 1 - R-N ).

A is amount borrowed, N number of calendar fixed installments, 1 is annual percentage rate, P is the net monthly repayment process and R is the reconciliation(APR + 1/12)

If studying ACCA economics.......

The full Derivation, and I have used a Sage ?cheat?, sorry I did not break the formulae down...

Let A = P[0] The amount owed increases by the interest accrued, P'[1] = P[0]*(1+i) or P'[n+1] = P[n]*(1+i)........remember this is a generalisation...

So P[1] = P'[1]-p = P[0]*(1+i) ? p or P[n+1] = P'[n+1]-p = P[n]*(1+i) ? p so R = 1+i.....Allowing P[1] = P[0]*R-p, P[2] = P[1]*R-p = P[0]*RR-pR-p,P[3] = P[2]*R-p = P[1]*RR-pr-p = P[0]*RRR-pRR-pR-p, P[N] = P[0]R^N-pR^(N-1)-pR^(N-2)...-pR-p, After N payments the loan is paid off, P[N]=0, Remember that P[0]=A......So the finite sum of the geometric series is S[n] = a(1-r^(n+1))/(1-r) = a + ar + arr + , (+ ar^n <---Checking for deviation) ...A = (p/R)*(1-(1/R)^N..()should encase the N/(1-(1/R)).....

The outcome is that Chelsea blaming the loss on the amortisation of player transfer fees, the amount a player is worth decreases over the length of his contract, is mathematically doubtful that Chelsea can ever make the fair play rule., along with Man City......Man U is another case altogether .........

Credits and Sources:

http://en.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/Clublicensing/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-we-are-strong-despite-16370m-losses-in-double-season-2200213.html

Well Kayoko it would take a miracle on the scale of water into wine and five loaves and two fishes to get past the fair play rules ........
Posted on: 2011/2/1 7:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...66>