Other Music
  morning musume...

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
morning musume...
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
hey, could you please recommend to me some of their songs...i read that they're quite popular, but some said that they suck...i was really curious about them so i ask you guys, if ever you know them (they're quite old i think), to recommend me some of their songs...thanks!=P
Posted on: 2008/9/26 20:58
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: morning musume...
guest_Unregistered
I'm not an avid MM listener. I'm not into the whole Momusu/ Hello! Project phenomenon.But I can give you some information about them. Morning Musume [can be translated as 'Daughters of Morning'.] is a popular all-girls idol group under Hello! Project [a.k.a Tsunku's army.].The line-up constantly changes when new auditions are held and an 'generation' of new girls are picked. Or when a girl leaves or 'graduates'. Here is the current line-up:

Ai Takahashi [leader]
Risa Niigaki [sub-leader]
Eri Kamei
Sayumi Michishige
Reina Tanaka
Koharu Kusumi
Aika Mitsui
Qian Lin [Linlin]
Li Chun [Junjun]

You can consider them 'bubblegum pop', but their music often touches upon various of genres. As for my recommendations, vocally, I prefer the first and second generations. [the line-up between 1997-1998] They did pretty amazing harmonies back then.

First Generation: Yuko Nakazawa, Aya Ishiguro, Natsumi Abe, Kaori Iida, Asuka Fukuda
Second Generation: Mari Yaguchi, Kei Yasuda, Sayaka Ichii
Third Generation: Maki Goto
Fourth Generation: Ai Kago, Nozomi Tsuji, Rika Ishikawa, Hitomi Yoshizawa
Fifth Generation: Ai Takahashi, Asami Konno, Makoto Ogawa, Risa Niigaki
Sixth Generation: Miki Fujimoto, Eri Kamei, Reina Tanaka, Sayumi Michishige
Seventh Generation: Koharu Kusumi
Eighth Generation: Aika Mitsui, Linlin, Junjun

I divided the PVs in generations. Here's the list:

Ai no Tane
Morning Coffee

Summer Night Town
Daite Hold on Me!
Memory Seishun no Hikari
Manatsu no Kousen
Furusato

Love Machine
Koi no Dance Site

Happy Summer Wedding
I WISH
Renai Revolution 21
The Peace!

Mr. Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~ [This amuses me. xD Yossie looks good in a suit.]
Souda! We're Alive
Do it! Now
Koko ni Iruzee!
Hyokkori Hyoutanjima
As for One Day

Shabondama
Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~
Ai Araba It's All Right
Roman ~My Dear Boy~
Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari
Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago
The Manpower!!!
Osaka Koi no Uta

Iroppoi Jirettai
Chokkan 2 ~Nogashita Sakana wa Ookiizo!~
Sexy Boy ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~
Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii Jan
Aruiteru

Egao Yes Nude
Kanashimi Twilight
Onna ni Sachi Are
Mikan
Resonant Blue

And their latest PV:

Pepper Keibu
Posted on: 2008/9/28 10:38
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
koda kumi was once inside, if im not wrong
Posted on: 2008/9/30 1:27
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
hontou ni arigatou taiyou! so far, i have only checked love machine and morning coffee...the melody is really catchy, but when i saw the video,...uhmm...i can now understand why other says that they suck...anyways, i've only checked 2 vids, so i really cannot conclude to myself if they are worth listening...wow wow wow wow!

p.s...hikki usually sang love machine with her friends at the karaoke during her eighteens...i found that out when i watched UH live streaming (dai wa ike ike!)...

jj...koda kumi a graduate of morning musume? maybe... i can imagine her singing with them...=p
Posted on: 2008/10/1 6:36
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Kuu did audition for Morning Musume along with Maki Goto in 1999, i'm not sure what happened. I guess she lost to Maki [Who is also in avex now.] Even though Kuu did some cute songs [Birthday Eve, Koi no Mahou, Koi no Tsumbomi, Wonderland, etc.] , I still can't imagine her in Morning Musume or Hello! Project in general. o_o

Well, they're an idol group. Idols are heavily promoted for their cute looks and personality. Not really for musical/vocal talent. But there are other artists/groups other than Morning Musume. If you don't like Momusu, it's pretty much best to avoid the two other major groups, C-ute and Berryz Koubou. Especially Berryz Koubou's Dschinghis Khan (Tartar Mix) PV. I came across it a few days ago, it has talking sheep in it and...god. xD Can't digest it. There are soloists in H!P as well. If you're into ballads, you'll probably like Aya Matsuura's later works. She has evolved into more of a mature artist. And she can sing quite beautifully. ^^

Egao

Watarsebashi [Moritaka Chisato cover]

Kizuna

Suna wo Kamu You ni...Namida

Her older works:

Sougen no Hito [Aya's vocals are displayed well in this song.]

100kai no Kiss

LOVE Namidairo

Then...there are her upbeat/cute songs. ^^; But they tend to be infectious.

Momoiro no Kataomoi

Ne~e

Dokidoki! Love Mail

Yeah! Meccha Holiday

Maki Goto was once part of Hello! Project as soloist after she left MM. But she left in 2007 and joined avex under Rhythm Zone in 2008. I don't really listen to her works before her 'How to Use Sexy' era. But I'll give some videos.

Some Boys! Touch Don't worry, the lyrics isn't really straightforward. But the PV...xD It's Maki dancing, squirming on the floor, and cleavage. There is even a 'sexy' version of the PV. o_o But I'll admit, the song is often a guilty pleasure.

Secret

Glass no Pumps

DAYBREAK Not a PV, just for listening. But it's definitely one of favorite tracks off her last album before leaving H!P. It's a nice jazz-inspired song and Maki sings quite well here. ^^
Posted on: 2008/10/1 12:56
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Actually they r not that suck, anyone notice in their dvd there is a word Hachama (have a child mind again)maybe thats why they were like that, kids love that kind of thing.
Posted on: 2008/10/3 5:13
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
i only heard one song from them bokura ga... something i forgot...
Posted on: 2008/10/3 20:12
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic