A/S/L 17/M/Cal
awesomeness V
Posted on: 2008/11/8 8:50
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Re: some singer
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Chinese song was weird, especially the rapping.

alan's wasn't bad, but I don't think she should do that many pop songs. She looses her uniqueness. She should stick to more folkish or ballad songs.

And is it just but does alan look a little more jap in the new picture of the Chinese song?? I could still the Tibetan in her but I think there's just a teensy bit influence.
Posted on: 2008/11/8 9:20
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

S0ySauce wrote:
Chinese song was weird, especially the rapping.

alan's wasn't bad, but I don't think she should do that many pop songs. She looses her uniqueness. She should stick to more folkish or ballad songs.

And is it just but does alan look a little more jap in the new picture of the Chinese song?? I could still the Tibetan in her but I think there's just a teensy bit influence.

thats why i said her chinese song is kinda

unorthodox huh?
Posted on: 2008/11/8 23:33
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I definitely agree with Soy. It sounds awkward when Alan does pop-ish songs. Her voice is definitely more suited for folk or ballad songs. Then again, I haven't really gotten into 'Megumi no Ame' which is a ballad. It's a quite of an downer after the previous single.

Has anyone listened to 'Namida', the b-side for her upcoming single?
Posted on: 2008/11/11 17:50
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
not really

i cant find it

u have it?
Posted on: 2008/11/13 8:47
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
You can listen to it on Imeem. If it refuses to work, try to refresh it a few times until it starts playing.

Namida

I would say 'Namida' is more fitting to the water theme rather than 'Megumi no Ame'. Yet neither isn't too impressive. The A-side is definitely beautiful, yet it kinda drags on. I wished the erhu was more dominant than showcasing her playing ability no more than a mere few seconds. The overall single is not bad, but not amazing either. It's just so generic. x-x I posted earlier how she was suited to ballads, but i'm hoping she won't be mainly a ballad singer. Faster-paced songs didn't really work out for Alan in her previous singles [Kaze no Tegami, Sora Uta] , but I would like to see her adjusting to more genres. Ballads are nice, if they're executed right. But too many ballads are overwhelming. And I fear her voice might be restricted to these type of songs.

Maybe i'm going above and beyond, she is a fairly new artist after all.

She released seven singles so far, excluding her digital single. She'll be releasing another single in December, I believe. I wonder how they're are going to cram all her a-sides into one album, plus new songs. If all the a-sides [and miraculously, maybe some B-sides] make the cut, how long will the album be? Even though I been kinda disappointed with some of her releases, I'm kinda excited for a new album.
Posted on: 2008/11/17 19:01
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123