1234...6>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
SAWA (New Indie Artist)
guest_Unregistered

Biography:

SAWA lives in the suburbs, about one hour from Tokyo. Her mother made the perfect-pitch girl pick up the violin at the tender age of four, and by age 10, she took up the piano out of her own will. Later, influenced by favorite artists such as m-flo, Jazztronik and FreeTEMPO, she began writing and performing music based on club music. At the same time, she proceeded to college to make her childhood dream come true ? to become a teacher. She acquired the license for a high school English teacher, and taught at a local high school, although only for three months.
SAWA seized the chance in 2006, when she participated in a club event in Yokohama that she thought was an audition (but actually not). Her transparent yet characteristic, miraculous voice, as well as her fresh and cute presence that had never been seen in other club music singers in the past, she caught the attention of many music creators. In May 2008, she participated as vocalist in Discovery, produced by Yukihiro Fukutomi, which was the opening theme song of PSP software Nippon-no Asokode. One month later, in June 18, she made her indie debut with COLORS, a five-track mini album produced by Takeshi Hanzawa (FreeTEMPO). It debuted at 8 on iTunes Music Store?s comprehensive album chart, and stayed in the top 3 for three weeks since release in the dance music chart, already showing signs of a major breakout.

She released her first mini album back in June called, "COLORS" with the single, "ManyColors". Directed by Yuichi Kodama

"ManyColors" music video

And now, she's releasing her second mini album, "Time & Space" on December 10th with the new single, "Stars" (produced by RAM RIDER). Directed by Takeshi Nakamura.

"Stars" music video
Posted on: 2008/11/29 18:35
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Re: SAWA (New Indie Artist)
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
I can't decide if I like her or not.

Photobucket

Okay, maybe I like her.
Posted on: 2008/11/29 19:55
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Oh, jeez...
Posted on: 2008/11/29 20:01
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Real nice. xD

She is pretty good. Her debut mini-album has been getting much criticism. From what I heard so far, she isn't bad at all. I'm not fond of 'J-tek' really. Vocally, there is much room for improvement. Then again, normally artists under her genre are, in general, not polished vocalists. Anyways, thanks for sharing information about her. ^^
Posted on: 2008/11/30 0:23
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
SHE'S HOT!

but her music is alright
Posted on: 2008/11/30 1:14
  •  ioruk
      ioruk
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/USA
LOL
Posted on: 2008/11/30 1:39
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Another Tehno music uhmmm what can I say, not too much techno on that song Ruth the rythm a bit repetitive. Gimme another song recommendation why I should listen to her music. but thanks for giving new techno song

The second vid already moved by the user
Posted on: 2008/11/30 19:22
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
^^Posted up "Stars" music video again^^

SwallowTail, you can check out her Myspace page here
Posted on: 2008/12/1 5:48
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Wew Thank's so much. Now I like her music "Star" nice.... love the beats.
And her pict on MYSpace make me remember one of Hikki colorful pict
Posted on: 2008/12/2 19:27
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
ive search her name on all the jpop artists list on a a site ( its a site were "ALL COMPLETE " jpop albums/singles are free to download) and i never seen her name there.. maybe its bcause of that she's an indie singer....
Posted on: 2008/12/3 8:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...6>