Re: A Fan's Rant
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L M/Earth [lol(USA)]
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
np

hikki looks so bomb in the keep tryin era

lol

i currently like the music video "Celebrate" where she sings it in KDDI show lol

the song is nice lol cheerful

she got the strength to sing even though she was sick lol
Posted on: 2009/1/2 11:37
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i love that song also =D and nijiiru basu
Posted on: 2009/1/2 11:58
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
so this became a crap thread.....

oi maki paki-lock nga to wla n sila s topic!
Posted on: 2009/1/2 12:11
  •  syronx
      syronx
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L M/Earth [lol(USA)]
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
i love that song also =D and nijiiru basu

lol, yea i love that song also =D
Posted on: 2009/1/2 13:02
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Well Ghostdog, I cannot say that I have ever found myself in a like place as you. Hoewver, I can empathsize with the troubles that Youtube and various companies are now causing you. Thankfully it ends with an account deletion instead of a lawsuit.

You make some dreadfully good points and it is true at the least - I do believe that fans are doing more for Utada Hikaru in the Western hemisphere than Def Jam and EMI are doing.

Neither have you claimed ownership or profit from the 'sharing' of her videos on Youtube. However, it needs to be said, "Where do we begin to draw the line?" I suppose that is what these companies are doing .. regardless of circumstance, if you are in any way reproducing and distributing their copyrighted material .. you get zapped. This is not a practice that I concurr with - as I think that it will help Hikaru and EMI financially more than it can wound them. Hell - because of your videos, and many on Youtube, I was introduced to TV shows such as Hey! Hey! Hey! and Music Station for which I would have never known of otherwise.

You are correct, I think, in the conclusion that if these energies were used to promote the artists instead of stalking accounts on Youtube, many would benefit.

It's because of Youtube, the accessibility of the Internet and the like that I have become a true fan of her. If it were not for the Internet, I would have never known of her let alone set off to support her goods. For example: I never lived in Japan, and I wasn't a big Hikki fan at the time of Utada United 2006. I would have never known of this concert otherwise but for Youtube - and because of that site.. I'll have to go to out of my way to get these damned DVDs. Boring blank grey cover and all!

Your subbing efforts were very much appreciated by us: so allow me to iterate our thoughts again. I hope that your IMEEM page stays up and stays out of trouble, too.

Finally .. yeah. Hikaru's main site does sorta suck. The walking bear is a cute touch and all.. but wasn't their an archive for a really cool looking site around here that was supposed to be 'in the works' a long time ago? I think that Hikaru is both wealthy and influential enough to say, "Hey guys .. this is what needs to be done." but well, I think that she's not really a gung-ho kind of person that tries very hard to promote herself. But that begs the question: isn't that what her label company is for?
Posted on: 2009/1/2 20:25
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
Well Ghostdog, I cannot say that I have ever found myself in a like place as you. Hoewver, I can empathsize with the troubles that Youtube and various companies are now causing you. Thankfully it ends with an account deletion instead of a lawsuit.

You make some dreadfully good points and it is true at the least - I do believe that fans are doing more for Utada Hikaru in the Western hemisphere than Def Jam and EMI are doing.

Neither have you claimed ownership or profit from the 'sharing' of her videos on Youtube. However, it needs to be said, "Where do we begin to draw the line?" I suppose that is what these companies are doing .. regardless of circumstance, if you are in any way reproducing and distributing their copyrighted material .. you get zapped. This is not a practice that I concurr with - as I think that it will help Hikaru and EMI financially more than it can wound them. Hell - because of your videos, and many on Youtube, I was introduced to TV shows such as Hey! Hey! Hey! and Music Station for which I would have never known of otherwise.

You are correct, I think, in the conclusion that if these energies were used to promote the artists instead of stalking accounts on Youtube, many would benefit.

It's because of Youtube, the accessibility of the Internet and the like that I have become a true fan of her. If it were not for the Internet, I would have never known of her let alone set off to support her goods. For example: I never lived in Japan, and I wasn't a big Hikki fan at the time of Utada United 2006. I would have never known of this concert otherwise but for Youtube - and because of that site.. I'll have to go to out of my way to get these damned DVDs. Boring blank grey cover and all!

Your subbing efforts were very much appreciated by us: so allow me to iterate our thoughts again. I hope that your IMEEM page stays up and stays out of trouble, too.

Finally .. yeah. Hikaru's main site does sorta suck. The walking bear is a cute touch and all.. but wasn't their an archive for a really cool looking site around here that was supposed to be 'in the works' a long time ago? I think that Hikaru is both wealthy and influential enough to say, "Hey guys .. this is what needs to be done." but well, I think that she's not really a gung-ho kind of person that tries very hard to promote herself. But that begs the question: isn't that what her label company is for?

A very intelligent and articulate response to my rant.
Thank you.

Posted on: 2009/1/3 18:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123