Utada Net.com Forum Index
   About You
  Zodiac and does it representing your personal identity ?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Re: Zodiac and does it representing your personal identity ?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
I suppose that it is 'for fun' at any rate. After all, the thoughts the time of day and the alignment of the stars produces the people, or personalities that we tend to indulge in is a ludicrous notion in this era of science and knowledge.

Nonetheless, part of me - especially when I read my sister's Chinese astronomy book was touched; things as such do not often happen .. I felt that somehow someone understood me.

This book contained something rather unlike the listed traits found on the websites. It offered paragraphs on hypothetical human beings and talked about them in such a way that assumed that they existed. Moreover, it offered advice and pitfalls to watch for the said sign. It was a most reflective experience for me.

Empirically speaking, it's a 1/12 chance that I get a sign that shares mostly similar traits with my personality. Many of the traits do not apply, some can only apply somewhat. And none of it can be scientifically verified.

Perhaps in a strange way, even this scientific mind can be enriched with a bit of crystal hugging mysticsm.

CrescentLupin, this above book really really gets into the astrological part of it. Like all books, it gets very complex with tables, diagrams, calculations and perhaps even maps. It's quite intimidating. I never delved into it, as I have not even a passing interest.
Posted on: 2009/1/7 22:31
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
I suppose that it is 'for fun' at any rate. After all, the thoughts the time of day and the alignment of the stars produces the people, or personalities that we tend to indulge in is a ludicrous notion in this era of science and knowledge.

Nonetheless, part of me - especially when I read my sister's Chinese astronomy book was touched; things as such do not often happen .. I felt that somehow someone understood me.

This book contained something rather unlike the listed traits found on the websites. It offered paragraphs on hypothetical human beings and talked about them in such a way that assumed that they existed. Moreover, it offered advice and pitfalls to watch for the said sign. It was a most reflective experience for me.

Empirically speaking, it's a 1/12 chance that I get a sign that shares mostly similar traits with my personality. Many of the traits do not apply, some can only apply somewhat. And none of it can be scientifically verified.

Perhaps in a strange way, even this scientific mind can be enriched with a bit of crystal hugging mysticsm.

CrescentLupin, this above book really really gets into the astrological part of it. Like all books, it gets very complex with tables, diagrams, calculations and perhaps even maps. It's quite intimidating. I never delved into it, as I have not even a passing interest.

that does sound insightful. But also i've read/seen books similar as you mention, and i'm glad that you mention it since it brighten up my day xD And i just realize the site's web address is vietnamese letter hahhaa since "tuvy" is basically horoscopes etc xD

I think the fact was that i find it intriguing on a historical/cultural level that how a certain cultural would delve in and have their own system of believing in something and in general it rules/help generate or create their cultural. And just call me lupey xD CrescentLupin is too long >> now that i realize ^ - ^
Posted on: 2009/1/7 23:47
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I once read somewhere that Aquarius women are so beautiful that one can barely stand to look at them for more than a few seconds at a time. haha.

Anyway, according to www.theaquariuswoman.com:

- I live my own life and reject others' opinions about what I should and should not do

- I do not like when other people try to influence me to be like them behavior/belief/etc-wise, but am supportive of how they are themselves.

- We're very generous, like to spend money, and we're techy-nerds (yeahhhh that's true)

- It also says that Aquarius women like to maintain relationships with exes and that we're not jealous or posessive (that part is SO not true of me, I'm really jealous and I can never be friends with an ex - the past is the past, and that's where it should stay, no matter what).

so yes, this is pretty accurate for me
Posted on: 2009/1/11 19:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234