<12345...14>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Re: Come Back to Me
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
You know americans are more open to different kinds of music than you think! True there are some that are silly and play the favorites game but there are many out there that search for something different.
Posted on: 2009/1/7 19:46
  •  syronx
      syronx
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L M/Earth [lol(USA)]
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
You know americans are more open to different kinds of music than you think! True there are some that are silly and play the favorites game but there are many out there that search for something different.

yea i know, but hey u can wish for a positive influence ^_^
Posted on: 2009/1/7 19:49
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
*Copied and pasted from Utadaunited.com*

*sigh* I was really scared that she might have done another Exodus, but with this I can breathe a sigh of relief. However, I do have problems with it. Honestly, the song is just too mainstream for me. Don?t get me wrong, the song is absolutely fantastic and is easily seen to be a hit in America. Following a Mariah Carey approach to her new album will defintely get her noticed, but its just not Hikki to me. I really hope she releases more songs that follow her J-Pop origins. Overall, the song is great. Pros and cons and score at below.

[2nd Thoughts]

After listening to it for 30 minutes straight, I probably would only take one thing out of my review of the song, but I wont. Instead I will add a little to it from the original text.

Pros: Great start at mainstream America; Great lyrics; Nice melodic music; Strong vocals as always; Catches on the more it is listened to

Cons: Way too mainstream; Gets repetitive really REALLY easy; Melody is good, but no where near as great as her J-Pop songs nor as creative; Just as Sano said, lyrics don?t feel like they were written by her

Score: 7 out of 10
3 out of 5
Posted on: 2009/1/7 21:27
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Giga's in love
Posted on: 2009/1/7 23:17
  •  affe
      affe
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 21 Male Sweden
i've listen to the song more now, and i think i agree with animelunatic alot, i really love the vers and so, the problem with the song for me is the chorus wich is just too repetitive and mainstream sounding.. But it's a okey song but from hikki-chan i demand perfection, like ultra blue and heart station. And i'm always so curious of how her next song is gonna sound like 'cause she've experimented so much in the past and this was just not such a big "woooow" moment. But i understand it's a different market in the US And with Exodus her first single if i've got my facts straight here was Eazy breezy, wich was by far the most mainstream sounding song on the album, so maybe she's doing the same kinda thing here, maybe there's a moore depth in the rest of the album. I do love exodus and think it' really interesting and it's anything but a mainstream album. or maybe the whole new album will be "come back to me"-sounding. Anyway whatever it sounds like.. I can't wait.
Posted on: 2009/1/8 2:03
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

syronx wrote:
i wish it comes to fm radio. i hope it makes a positive influence to people lol if it comes on radio

Feb 9th is the expected date for Radio play - EVERYONE remember to call and request it on your local stations ;)

When considering your feedback of how 'mainstream' or repetitive it may sound, consider would you be saying that if the song was in japanese language... or would u be all wow'ed because you dont understand the lyrics, and are appreciating the track for its most basic sense as music and composition.

And ill remind everone again "Flame Off"

Oh yeah ... and does anyone else also notice that in the lyrics that she shift from first person to third person then back to first... wonder why that is?

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2009/1/8 2:19
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I like it a lot.

I mean, it is pretty typical in terms of a song that would get a lot of airtime in the US. Which you know, is kind of the point. Her record company wants her to make them money and sell records, so they need a song that's "safe". Once she has a name for herself here, and has made some money for the company they'll probably loosen the reigns and let her do what she wants. I mean, I think with the flop Exodus was in the US they might not be giving her very much freedom and she's contracted to make this album.

On another note, I think the repetitive chorus everyone is complaining about is pretty clever. I mean, the way it's sung almost sounds like someone shouting to their significant other, begging them to come back. You know, over and over, it sounds desperate. I think it's interesting.

This was probably one of those songs she worked with other producers on, so of course it doesn't sound 100% like her. There's nothing wrong with being diverse though, that's what makes her music unique.
Posted on: 2009/1/8 3:03
  •  affe
      affe
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 21 Male Sweden
Quote:

Q wrote:
Quote:

syronx wrote:
i wish it comes to fm radio. i hope it makes a positive influence to people lol if it comes on radio

Feb 9th is the expected date for Radio play - EVERYONE remember to call and request it on your local stations ;)

When considering your feedback of how 'mainstream' or repetitive it may sound, consider would you be saying that if the song was in japanese language... or would u be all wow'ed because you dont understand the lyrics, and are appreciating the track for its most basic sense as music and composition.

And ill remind everone again "Flame Off"

Oh yeah ... and does anyone else also notice that in the lyrics that she shift from first person to third person then back to first... wonder why that is?

it's got nothing to do with understanding lyrics or not for me i've never had issues understanding her japanese lyrics, and Exodus with english lyrics totally "wowwed" me, seriously i got visions how to designing my appartment from after listening to Hotel Lobby lol. Her music always moves and inspires me in different ways depending on the many different styles she has. i just don't think this is her greatest work, sorry, and if this is considered flaming i'm sorry i'm done now =)

My favorite line from the new song is without a doubt "wish i could photoshop our bad memories" naaaaaawww
Posted on: 2009/1/8 4:11
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Q wrote:

Ya I notice that... if this a duet song I can understand that. The lyrics when she buy this and she buy that kinda I dont know well it would be better if this song have a PV it will make it better to understand Yoshaaaaa.

Its so silly the first thread got lock and forget bout that when this Album came out I'm gonna buy it .
Sigh I hope EMI Indonesia promote this album more coz not too much promo HEART STATION here

Edit : I think her album title gonna be UTADA, well cos i found this one, still maybe its gonna change

amazon jp

tower records

neowing jp

Posted on: 2009/1/8 5:18
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Ya I notice that... if this a duet song I can understand that. The lyrics when she buy this and she buy that kinda I dont know well it would be better if this song have a PV it will make it better to understand Yoshaaaaa.

Its so silly the first thread got lock and forget bout that when this Album came out I'm gonna buy it .
Sigh I hope EMI Indonesia promote this album more coz not too much promo HEART STATION here

Edit : I think her album title gonna be UTADA, well cos i found this one, still maybe its gonna change

amazon jp

tower records

neowing jp

haha 'she buys this and buys that' its showing her depression/stress...retail therapy ;) lol very clever~ I enjoyed that part second to using photoshop as a verb

It could very well be a self-titled album but the title says 'Title TBA' and I really don't think that's the actual name xD haha sites like Amazon will put it up there ASAP for pre-sales even before the name of the album is officially released.

Oh and she did the same switching of POV's in Simple & Clean...except it was seen more as 'quotes' from the guy. In this case, I don't think it's anyone else speaking. But from a psychological point, when you've done something that you regret, it's easier to separate yourself from it which is why it could be in third person, as if it's someone else she is talking about because it's too painful to say it in first person.

But that's just a thought.

And so far so good peoples~ no flamers (y)
Posted on: 2009/1/8 7:41
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...14>