<123456...14>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Re: Come Back to Me
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
I think they put Utada, because Utada was the name used for her English release, if i remembered correctly, she said that it is easier for her fans in USA to remember Utada, than Utada Hikaru...

So i suppose they put Utada was just to tell us this is her album...
Posted on: 2009/1/8 7:56
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
I cannot help but think, as many others do, that this song is a bit of a confession. This is not her first song about infidelity...

The thought is a most interesting one.
Posted on: 2009/1/8 9:04
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
I think they put Utada, because Utada was the name used for her English release, if i remembered correctly, she said that it is easier for her fans in USA to remember Utada, than Utada Hikaru...

So i suppose they put Utada was just to tell us this is her album...

yup

tats really true
Posted on: 2009/1/8 9:50
  •  syronx
      syronx
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L M/Earth [lol(USA)]
i agree this song is mainstream

but still it is good.

what i really like bout hikki is her imaginative videos and creative music like the previous ones.

this song is good also ^^ i wish the best for all the other songs in the album ^^
Posted on: 2009/1/8 12:33
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
Quote:

seraphim wrote:
haha 'she buys this and buys that' its showing her depression/stress...retail therapy ;) lol very clever~ I enjoyed that part second to using photoshop as a verb

I agree to, it could also be like because of what she has done that her former lover won't listen to her. So she wishes to be another person in order to convince the man to listen to her. That happens a lot of real life, sometimes friends and relatives are used to try to get the former boy/girlfriend to actually talk to their partner to sort out their problems.

Haha, I've had this for a day and its already got 59 plays on my iTunes libary.
Posted on: 2009/1/8 12:35
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
wait...I've a question. I'm not usually the type of person to listen to local radio...so I was wondering what sort of radio station they're going to play this song on...would it be played on a hip hop/rap station?

Also I agree with seraphim, on the part where she speaks in third person. It's true that people often do that to try to make their pain feel smaller, by seperating themselves from those events and stuff like that.....
Posted on: 2009/1/8 12:43
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
When I first heard the song I was actually really happy. The beginning really got to me, and I was pleased to hear her voice with new lyrics. And not to forget: Lately I thought that her voice was kind of "weak". I mean, it didn't show much power in any of the songs in heart station, in my opinion. And few of the live I've seen with her (MS or whatever) have given the feeling that it really was Hikki standing there. But this songs sounds like her voice did in 2006 during the tour. And that I think is the best about it. That's what I think about it anyway, you may agree or disagree.

Also, even though I at first thought "oh, not a beat that are going around and around... T_T". But as you've said, it's catchy. And even though it might sound mainstream, I still get the feeling that "yeah, this is really a song by Hikki". I could really feel/hear the effort she put down into this song, because it was so different compared to her previous work.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 13:46
  •  syronx
      syronx
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L M/Earth [lol(USA)]
Quote:

seraphim wrote:
haha 'she buys this and buys that' its showing her depression/stress...retail therapy ;) lol very clever~ I enjoyed that part second to using photoshop as a verb

lol that part was good.

its expressing herself in a song ^^
Posted on: 2009/1/8 16:00
  •  m2c
      m2c
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I luv this song, reminding me of several works from Mariah Carey, like We Belong Together, Don't Forget About Us, and recently 'I Stay in Luv', and 'byebye', and have I mentioned that Hikki is using the same producer as MC did for the single'byebye'!

this really surprises me.

Tho I think this one has the trademark of the producer Stargate, and one flow of his work is that he is tending to over-produced a little bit. I literally hate Byebye's long chorus, and might be better for this one, if the chorus one is shorter and having some changes.
Posted on: 2009/1/8 16:52
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
It is so beautiful I am almost crying!
Deffinetly in the Billboard Hot 100 People!!!!!
:D
Posted on: 2009/1/8 17:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...14>