<1...3456789...14>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Re: Come Back to Me
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
^I'm the same way about exodus and her other albums. I always feel like i have to play it loud. It's just so awesome loud...

Usually i only listen to hikaru's music because it sounds cool(reason in the first place why i got hooked), but this one as well as simple and clean i like because of the content. What it talks about is something you don't often hear and THAT is something worth calling a work of hikki art.
Posted on: 2009/1/10 0:06
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
This is what i think:

hikki exodus was a big flop, so now she is trying a different approach, by making this song very americanish rnb style, so then after she becomas known around here and famous, she will start making her unique/wonderful music for us to listen, (i hope lolz) and wat i thought about "Come Back To Me":

its a fabulous song from the beginning to end, started with the piano, then her powerful voice kicks in to gear, the lyrics are beautiful, the melody is very soothing and its a new style hikki is trying now, so i think we should respect her of wats she's doing. also This album did take along long time to produced, so thats means that hikki much put alot of hard and gold into it, traveling to U.S and Japan singing and composing, so i think we better now bad mouthing her new album, or any of her songs in it V

p.s if this album is gonna be a flob just like exodus (hopelly not) then she should really stop tryin to get into american mainstream (not that cuz she can't, she could be) cuz she is basically wasting time, and like i say b4 she spent major time on this album so she can be regonized around here if ppl here arent even gonna listen to it wats the use promoting it!!! cuz ppl in the U.S r just very closed minded about music..... she shouldn't be making music for a company if there nobody gonna listen to it!!

and plz ppl don't critizied me cuz of wat i said, thats my opinion, my thoughts on it, so respect me as i would repect ur thoughts and opinino on the album. peace V
Posted on: 2009/1/10 0:19
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
^^ To Amaterasu

If anything this proves its aimed to teach a lesson to a younger crowd.. and the fact she is older and more experienced.. at most it could be as you say, but at least it could be the tale of a horrible 18 year old girlfriend who wants her boyfriend from 6 months ago back. Despite all the pain she suffers according to the song doesn't give any time reference as to age or maturity level.

You are correct, she is a pop artist and her songs are aimed at a younger audience. I'm willing to admit defeat in this argument..

I can only hope she did not sign a contract for a 3rd album with Island and when her contract does expire she goes on to produce more technical, creative, expressive, and introspective music on her own.

After all.. the Beatles were a pop band.. then they ate acid and made Revolver, white album (great albums) and even Sgt. Peppers LHCB which was named the best album of all time by rolling stone.. and this was just a few years after singing..

"She loves you yeah yeah yeah.. with a love like that you know you should be glad."

Not that drugs are good, they are awful and I don't condone their use, but there is no reason to hold back for her. (which you could argue she is or is not)

(maybe this is Hikki's revolver? & your bird can sing had fluff lyrics after all)
Posted on: 2009/1/10 0:46
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Quote:

sswx2187 wrote:

I can only hope she did not sign a contract for a 3rd album with Island and when her contract does expire she goes on to produce more technical, creative, expressive, and introspective music on her own.

yar, if she wants to do experimental and 'outside the box' she'll definitely have to leave Island. But she's with them now, and I think that's why many here are just letting the mainstream thing slide. She's a professional and will follow those above her but I don't think she's holding back that much. I mean, its not like she produced something like this in the past and she's just falling backwards. She IS experimenting by producing mainstream US which she hasn't done before! haha

I'm not too into the super technical/synthesized/over-the-top stuff that Exodus was. If only she'd create equivalents to First Love, Final Distance, Deep River, Flavor of Life, Colors, etc. But if she did that then we'd say she was recycling and being unoriginal, wouldn't we? ;) <-that's a wink in case anyone gets offended
Posted on: 2009/1/10 1:03
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
persoanlly i don't really want hikki to be in mainstream music (America) =/ cuz they would just make her do some rediculous stuff, or do
Posted on: 2009/1/10 1:15
  •  sswx2187
      sswx2187
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
persoanlly i don't really want hikki to be in mainstream music =/ cuz they would just make her do some rediculous stuff, or do

Yes.. if she became some sort of a celebrity in the USA she would be tempted with several large multimillion dollar contracts and etc.. things I don't think many people have the guts to pass.

She could do much better with a cult following.. making original music that gradually gets noticed. Oh well.. it must have seemed like a good idea in 03 or earlier.. Now the trend seems to be hating on and leaving the majors if your a real artist. (and for good reason)
Posted on: 2009/1/10 1:23
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
give me five man, thats what i think too
Posted on: 2009/1/10 1:28
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Let me loose the tension a bit, its just her first single lets not judge all of Hikki song in her new English album gonna be mainstream, there still a chance she gonna give us some of her originality . Lets support her for the best and change US music industry.
Posted on: 2009/1/10 4:14
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
i'm glad so far no one is saying that the song suck (now who would do that??)also, no immature people are fighting and everybody is respecting each own opinions...the only "complain" (i dunno if it's a complain or something) i've been reading is that the song is too mainstream...

patience my people...i don't believe in the saying "first impression lasts"...or in this case "first single lasts"...i believe hikki has something under her sleeves...just like exodus...i think easy breezy and come back to me is almost the same...it's too mainstream, cheesy (no complains because i both love that song, i always hum the "you're easy breezy and i'm japanese-y part)) but included in that album are animato (which i considered as a masterpiece besides hikari and letters) and kremlin dusk which are both awesome songs...let's just wait until february for the whole album to come out and for the meantime, enjoy come back to me...=P
Posted on: 2009/1/10 7:21
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
I dont understand why people are saying its unoriginal, and not her style. Its R&B! And what was the music in First Love somewhat? R&B! Hikki has so many styles in her music, and she loves to try new things, thats why I love her so much as a music artist!
I really love this new single, and it will most likely propell her into stardom in the U.S.
Her vocals are amazin'!
Posted on: 2009/1/10 7:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456789...14>