Gackt

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Gackt
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/TX
So does anyone have any news on Gackt or S.K.I.N.?
Posted on: 2009/1/14 21:50
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Re: Gackt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
does having a new single out in december helps? P:
Posted on: 2009/1/15 12:16
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/TX
well i know about his new single jesus and ghost...i have heard them already but just news like on his movie and S.K.I.N. are what im really curious about i guess
Posted on: 2009/1/15 13:29
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I think S.K.I.N was long dead, so I doubt they'll announce anything. I guess Yoshiki has a tendency to start projects with great hype and let them die quickly. I can't really say anything about S.K.I.N's music, it was difficult to hear their live recordings with all those screaming fans. At least around the time I was listening to it.

As for Gackt, Jesus was pretty good and I heard a bit of 'Ghost'. It has some techno influences, I believe. But man...I can't help it, has anyone seen the cover for 'Ghost'? I think the cover rather than the song is more imprinted to my memory. I'm not sure what's the whole story behind it, but somehow, the cover was pretty humorous when I first came across it.

Posted on: 2009/1/16 22:20
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/TX
well i know skin didnt die out. Yoshiki is a busy man. so i dont blame him for starting things and kinda leaving them. its fine with me because hes a great musician. also...the song ghost is featured in that tv show the sarah conner chronicles...the show about the terminator and such. if you watch the whole pv you will see it for yourself. Gackt is stepping out into American quickly and im very happy for him. as for SKIN...i dont believe they disbanded because they were looking for another guitar player and they had found one from the U.S. they would not name him also!! Yoshiki stated in an interview that he would continue with music till his back gave out.
Posted on: 2009/1/24 23:42
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Teiku_5 wrote:
Yoshiki stated in an interview that he would continue with music till his back gave out.

Well, that's Yoshiki for you.

I'm a bit iffy about him, he's been viewed under a bad light for several reasons. And I still highly doubt S.K.I.N is going to do anything, at all. Then again I could be wrong, yet I wasn't interested with this 'J-rock superband' thing to begin with. Personally, I think the whole thing is just a gimmick.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 10:11
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/TX
well be iffy with him..hes possibly the best musician of his time. SKIN will continue whether or not you want them to. this forum wasnt about your opinions it was about facts and what they were doing. i dont care to hear your opinion
Posted on: 2009/1/25 11:39
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Teiku_5 wrote:
well be iffy with him..hes possibly the best musician of his time. SKIN will continue whether or not you want them to. this forum wasnt about your opinions it was about facts and what they were doing. i dont care to hear your opinion

Alright, alright. We all have the right to state our opinions and share it, whether you care or not. It's not like i'm typing in caps and posting something like, "Yoshiki is a complete [insert offensive term here], ". You just gave your opinion, stating Yoshiki is possibly the best musician of his time. Which I would disagree, even though the guy is a fabulous musician, no doubt about it. But I believe the works he written while in X isn't exactly a masterpiece or any of his projects. Bands played speed metal before, there were those 'hair metal/glam rock bands' before X. Producers and musicians have used orchestral instruments in their pieces. The Beatles 'Eleanor Rigby' anyone? The Moody Blues 'Days of the Future Passed' album is another example. How about Phil Spector's 'wall of sound'? There was progressive rock before X Japan. While X's sound was fresh, it wasn't highly original. I'll give X credit for bringing the Visual Kei movement, but there were other bands besides X who helped stir up this cultural phenomenon. Yoshiki is great and talented as a musician, but not some God. Great drummer, but not the best drummer. Those are merely opinions of mine and look, there are some facts supporting my opinion. People might look over it and agree, people might disagree. No need to stir up hostility, it's unnecessary.

And if you like Yoshiki so much and want to share his musicianship to the world, why don't you open a Yoshiki thread instead? I know I should take the partial blame from slightly averting toward the subject of Yoshiki. But let's keep it a Gackt thread, not a Yoshiki thread. Even on the subject of S.K.I.N. And people here do share their opinions, not only facts and a musician's current activities. Hop around the other music-related threads here, even the Hikki threads.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 11:59
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
I for one also agree with Taiyou, it wasn't necessary to start that other thread. And just to let you know, Taiyou was giving her opinion and did it with back up information,etc and in the end I have to congratulate to your standing in this Taiyou. Another thing is I revered/look/acknowledge/respect your input to music in general, because you do know what you are talking about and state your opinions without causing negativeness/problems etc

As for Gackt, I did listen to his "ghost" song, and was surprise that he did it for a drama/show on TV D: As for the song itself, it was ok. For me it kind odf lack something, and it couldn't hook me into it D:
Posted on: 2009/2/2 21:23
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

CrescentLupin9 wrote:
I for one also agree with Taiyou, it wasn't necessary to start that other thread. And just to let you know, Taiyou was giving her opinion and did it with back up information,etc and in the end I have to congratulate to your standing in this Taiyou. Another thing is I revered/look/acknowledge/respect your input to music in general, because you do know what you are talking about and state your opinions without causing negativeness/problems etc

Thank you Lupey, I really appreciate it.
Posted on: 2009/2/3 12:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>