Re: New English album predictions and expectations
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
I agree with ghostdog!
Posted on: 2009/1/27 23:06
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
I believe this time IDJ will promote her more. Since they even compared her with Rihanna, Mariah Carey, Beyonc?, and Britney (the biggest pop stars in U.S. market).
I had never seen any "newcomer" being compared with major singers.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 0:11
  •  adameve
      adameve
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Sorry to kill it for you, but they promoted her as a Japanese Britney Spears when Exodus was released, what little promotion it ever got. I'd be pretty insulted if you ask me, since Utada's written and produced almost the entire album by herself, and it could've been without Let Me Give You My Love, honestly.
Of course they'd compare her to the big names, so that whoever comes across Utada might place her to a certain circle. As far as CBTM is concerned, it's pretty appropriate since it sounds like a dull Beyonce copycat and we all know she can do so much better. Congrats on selling out, but I'm still going to give the album a listen.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 8:00
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
to compare holy spears to hikki, it is a insult
Posted on: 2009/1/29 20:54
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

adameve wrote:
Sorry to kill it for you, but they promoted her as a Japanese Britney Spears when Exodus was released, what little promotion it ever got. I'd be pretty insulted if you ask me, since Utada's written and produced almost the entire album by herself, and it could've been without Let Me Give You My Love, honestly.
Of course they'd compare her to the big names, so that whoever comes across Utada might place her to a certain circle. As far as CBTM is concerned, it's pretty appropriate since it sounds like a dull Beyonce copycat and we all know she can do so much better. Congrats on selling out, but I'm still going to give the album a listen.

The only SELLOUT here is you as fan because you are already putting labels on her and assuming the worst even though you haven't even heard the album.
Posted on: 2009/1/30 0:59
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
I think Island will promote Hikki properly this time because unlike Exodus which they let Hikki produce all of it solely practically bar Timbaland's inclusion (only two songs and only Exodus was the good one) they have included big production teams with her work. Stargate are very big in the music industry and have produced a lot of number ones and hit singles all across the world. Christopher "Tricky" Stewart is also very big in the production terms, I think his last credit was Mariah Carey's very successful "Touch My Body".

I agree that they probably wanted to make a hit in the Japanese market but now I think they realise how big Hikki can be in the English market. I personally love "Come Back To Me" and think it will be a big hit and I think she's got some more great singles to put out there. "Come Back To Me" is the type of song that could hit number 1 here in the UK because its the style of music that is taking over the charts at the moment. I agree with ghostdog, 2009 will be Hikki's year. Besides, like Hikki said that she questioned Island's ability to release it as early as they have announced must be a good sign that it sounds good.

And also remember guy's, if Hikki has a slow start she could be a "sleeper" alias "Lady GaGa". GaGa's material was released in the early summer in the US but its only now that she's become a superstar with her material.

I think comparing Hikki to Britney is an insult as well, they are nothing a like in their music. Like Hikki said in an interview before, she thought that she was only like her in a popularity level.
Posted on: 2009/1/30 3:05
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
I agree This will be Hikki's year.

Exodus was Hikki being experimental with the US market, bringing in the type of music not alot of people listen to, but now that she's got some experience and some good producers on her side she can't go wrong with the next album.

"Come back to me" was something completely new from her I thought, its the typical kind of music that people listen to, although I'm not much of a fan of the "Mariah-Carey-ish" music, but it was Hikki and her lyrics so it was a must for me.

I've no doubt the album will be much more of a success than Exodus(even though Exodus had almost No promotion whatsoever)...

We as fans can support her in all this whether it be a success or not, and if it is, we can all say that we found out about her first!
Posted on: 2009/1/30 5:21
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
i think Hikaru will do much better this time around. she might not become a mega superstar (although that wuld be great) but things will go better now since she's had experience with the american market nd already tried experimenting with a new type of music last time. so for this album she wuld know wut to expect as a reaction from the american music scene. but regardless of her popularity here, i will still love her album nd do my best to spread the word about her
Posted on: 2009/1/30 6:28
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
well...hopefully...lets expect great things from this one...i really do hope that she becomes successful in these works...her style is easy to listen to...i kind of wish that she could stay with the japanese flow in music with this album, but i already know that's not going to happen...it'd be great if she would make the music sound like herself...not adapting to mainstream music you hear on the radios today...as a unique artist as she is...she can pull off amazing styles of music no matter what the genre she dives into...this one...i hope...HOPE...is the one every hikaru-chan supporter wished would've happened like 2 years ago...
Posted on: 2009/1/30 19:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>