1234...51>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
"Come Back to Me" MediaBase US Airplay Reporting
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Mediabase monitors the songs played on US radio stations. Here is what they report for "Come Back to Me" for the past seven days (1/26 and the week prior).

"Come Back to Me" has had 25 spins in the past 7 days with 0.105 million audience impressions.

'Spins' is how many times it was played. For 'audience impressions' think of it as how many times the song was heard (sort of like how many people have heard it but the number is kind of inflated because the same people could have heard the song multiple times and it'll count--- does that make sense? lol); in this case "Come Back to Me" was heard on the radio 105,000 times in the last seven days.

Here's the chart for MediaBase's report for "Come Back to Me,": http://www.mmr247.com/mmrweb/Reports/Reg/EMD.asp?SOngID=1626034&NumDays=7

The chart breaks down the spins by radio format. As you can see, of "Come Back to Me"'s 25 spins, 3 of them are from pop stations and 22 of them have been from rhythmic stations. It's likely there's one pop station testing it and another rhythmic station that has added the song to its playlist (or it could be multiple rhythmic stations testing the song as well).

Mediabase should update each day. Remember although it's a weekly report, it doesn't organize into set weeks but is rather a "last 7 days from today" chart.

With this we can directly see how Utada is catching on at radio!

EDIT: Here's MediaBase's chart that breaks down the spins by market (city): http://www.mmr247.com/mmrweb/Reports/Reg/ReportMultipleSongActivityByMarketRank.asp?PriorityListID=6418&ReportSongID=1626034&ReportMode=ROLLING&SpinMode=1
Posted on: 2009/1/27 17:05
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: "Come Back to Me" MediaBase US Airplay Reporting
guest_Unregistered
Awesome, thank you for the information and that 105.000 times in 7 days it is a impressive start. Best of luck to Utada.
Posted on: 2009/1/27 20:38
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
thx for the info, i can't believe come back to me was on the radio for the past few days, i didn't even know! xD i would really like to hear sometimes if i'm in the card
Posted on: 2009/1/27 22:07
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Is this being played all over the country on feb 9th in the u.s?

Or do they wait for it to get popular enough?
Posted on: 2009/1/28 0:14
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
I think it will start getting played all over the country on February 9th but Island are giving some radio stations promos to get initial reaction. Then they'll get a proper reaction by a wide audience.

Go Hikki! Hope that she gets played more and Come Back To Me is a huge success!
Posted on: 2009/1/28 4:39
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Is this being played all over the country on feb 9th in the u.s?

Or do they wait for it to get popular enough?

Hmm, not 100% sure what you're asking, but Feb 9th (or was it the 10th?) is the song's add date for mainstream stations. That means that's the official date that the label would like radio stations in the pop format to add the song to the playlist. Radio programmers get these lists of songs' add dates well in advance, so a few of them might track down these songs and 'test' them on air ahead of time to gauge audience reaction and help them decide if they want to add the song. Hope that helps!

*Has it been confirmed that the song's going for adds at rhythmic (a.k.a. crossover)? FMQB only lists "Come Back to Me" going for pop (a.k.a. mainstream).
Posted on: 2009/1/28 10:17
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
1/27 Update:

30 Spins
(3 @ Pop; 27 @ Rhythmic)
0.125 Million Audience Impressions
Posted on: 2009/1/28 10:20
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
omg come back to me played on the radio??!? and i missed it =( i better start having the radio on all the time lol i wuld love to hear it on the radio and noe that hundreds of people are listening to her too
Posted on: 2009/1/28 14:57
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Here is Utada's history at US radio according to Mediabase, these are all cumulative total lifetime stats, not weekly:

DEVIL INSIDE
Total Lifetime Spins: 597
Total Lifetime Audience: 2.412 Million

EASY BREEZY
Total Lifetime Spins: 247
Total Lifetime Audience: 0.290 Million

EXODUS 04
Total Lifetime Spins: 447
Total Lifetime Audience: 1.278 Million

COME BACK TO ME
Total Lifetime Spins: 35
Total Lifetime Audience: 0.132 Million

It looks like "Come Back to Me" is off to a promising start, it's only been getting play for three weeks and we're still two weeks away from the adds date. Plenty of room to grow.

Notice how "Come Back to Me" already has nearly half the audience impressions of "Easy Breezy" while it has a fraction of its spins. That means much bigger radio stations with more listeners are playing "Come Back to Me." VERY good sign!
Posted on: 2009/1/28 17:00
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I hope that I'll be able to listen to her new single on my local radio :)

I'll be tuning in :)
Posted on: 2009/1/28 19:55
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...51>