•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: "Come Back to Me" MediaBase US Airplay Reporting
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
This is really bad,she needs to get better soon and resume promotion. I'm scared that IDJ will forget about her once their new singer Jessie James releases her new album. Her single is already in the top 40. Utada please get better fast.
And Come Back To Me has fallen out of the Top 40 Rhythmic.
Posted on: 2009/5/18 14:37
  •  Raito
      Raito
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:

Umbelievable, it really is.
CBTM is about 100 times better then that horrible Wanted song. It just goes to show that if you're an Asian you have no chance whatsoever of making it in America.

The top 10 Pop radio Station just flat out refused to play CBTM when almost every other small market had it playing on a regular rotation and people like myself were requesting the song every freakin' day. It's ridiculous and it's obvious that there is something more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

I think Utada has realized that no matter what she does and how great her music is that she'll never make it because Americans are simply prejudiced towards Asians and Pop Radio is rigged.

No wonder why she hasn't posted in her blog for so long, has been sick and has no plans currently on returning to America.
She should just continue to make music in Japan and give a big middle finger to America because America doesn't deserve her.

I'm glad she didn't give up about it, and the problem isn't with the radio stations or American people, it's most likely about her promo. On the week that she did the radio interviews, TV performances and the Sephora tour, CBTM entered the Pop 100 chart.

After she recovers next week it's better she resume her US activities and her label schedule some TV appearances, it'll definitely increase her fame and popularity in the US.
Posted on: 2009/5/18 14:57
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Utada should not give up on America yet. I'm an African American who wants to see her make it big here. She deserves to have sucess in the country where she was born.
Posted on: 2009/5/18 15:32
  •  ItsDaveyJ
      ItsDaveyJ
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/m/ny
I don't think Utada has given up. Besides, first singles are very rarely smash hits. The purpose is the introduce America to her. She got a decent amount of buzz going, so now she can release a stronger single. Besids, we don't know if there is more to milk from CBTM. Regardless, first she just needs to get better.
Posted on: 2009/5/18 16:02
  •  teiku5
      teiku5
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L USA
Yea I think she just needs more promo.

It would be good promotion if she was featured in a song with a big artist in America...which is what boost attention on a lot of new artist (ex. estelle & Kaney West)
Posted on: 2009/5/18 16:29
  •  laiwingnang
      laiwingnang
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

airac wrote:
I hope its spins would increase when she recovers and starts her tour...I hope that her sales would be better than her Exodus sales. :)

I think she will chart better, but I'm looking at the sales reporting on hitsdailydouble, 55% of the sales are in and she is not in the top 50..
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi
Posted on: 2009/5/18 17:12
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
:\ well.. i don't wanna give up on her. All of the people hse interviewed with like Radio DJs and others all said that they think she'll be big here... i think it IS a promo issue though. More of a promo than racial issue anyway... although, i can't say that race is completely out of the questions but.. yeah.
Posted on: 2009/5/18 20:19
  •  hikki_is_my_homegirl
      hikki_is_my_homegirl
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30-US
agreed about the more promotion. i'm sorry but it is my opnion that def jam keeps screwing her over when it comes to promotion i mean it's like omg we have to promotion Ne-Yo and Rihanna (still love em) but we'll give Utada alittle promo and she'll keep quiet, NO NO NO!!!! Utada is better than that.
Posted on: 2009/5/19 8:55
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
im utada all the way and she should get as much if not WAY more promotion then half of these artists out here . . .

thats just my opinion

go hikki!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2009/5/19 9:28
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
im utada all the way and she should get as much if not WAY more promotion then half of these artists out here . . .

thats just my opinion

go hikki!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2009/5/19 9:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...45464748495051>