No email found yet
321-821-KISS
Posted on: 2009/2/4 7:35
  •  niibu_yaa
      niibu_yaa
Re: "Come Back to Me" MediaBase US Airplay Reporting
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I know things release slowly and it can take time for something to catch on, but from what I can tell on the posts for this it's not playing in very many high Volume Markets. She needs to be getting airplay in California and New York. It could 1,000 plays in Hawaii, and that won't ever amount to anything. Grand Rapids Michigan? I know you can't pay stations to play a song, but I don't think Island is doing much to support or promote her. I don't think a myspace page with less than 5,000 members is going to cut it. I guess, I just wish she was getting more press.
Posted on: 2009/2/4 12:17
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
Quote:

niibu_yaa wrote:
I know things release slowly and it can take time for something to catch on, but from what I can tell on the posts for this it's not playing in very many high Volume Markets. She needs to be getting airplay in California and New York. It could 1,000 plays in Hawaii, and that won't ever amount to anything. Grand Rapids Michigan? I know you can't pay stations to play a song, but I don't think Island is doing much to support or promote her. I don't think a myspace page with less than 5,000 members is going to cut it. I guess, I just wish she was getting more press.

Come Back To Me still hasn't been officially released to radio stations. The stations have been given promos to test and sample it, it will properly be released on February 9th. Plus the video hasn't been released either and I don't think its being played in the clubs yet either so that's why it is having a slow impact at the moment.
Posted on: 2009/2/4 13:56
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
For a pre-release song, I think Island has done a solid job so far. An adds date announced far in advance to let stations test the song, a well-done press-release and promo video, she's already started doing some interviews... it's about all we can really hope for right now.

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of promotion isn't directly in Island's hands: interviews, appearances, etc. are most often negotiated by the artist's management. Of course the record label is/should be a major help with that (providing media contacts, etc.), but just pointing out that promotion isn't all just on the label's lap.

And one more thing to keep in mind: Utada is a virtual unknown in the US, she's essentially a 'new' artist. In some cases that's an advantage (she's fresh, there's no past 'baggage'), but of course that also means it can take a long time for her to catch on. Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" took five months to build up before lighting the charts up, for example.

In any case, it's wwwwaaaayyyyy too early to be disappointed with anything yet. If it makes you feel any better, she's already got one big (for its market) station that's practically (if not officially) added the song to their playlist well ahead of the adds date, and that's in addition to the random test spins. How many unknowns can boast that?
Posted on: 2009/2/4 14:39
  •  niibu_yaa
      niibu_yaa
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

And one more thing to keep in mind: Utada is a virtual unknown in the US, she's essentially a 'new' artist. In some cases that's an advantage (she's fresh, there's no past 'baggage'), but of course that also means it can take a long time for her to catch on. Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" took five months to build up before lighting the charts up, for example.

In any case, it's wwwwaaaayyyyy too early to be disappointed with anything yet. If it makes you feel any better, she's already got one big (for its market) station that's practically (if not officially) added the song to their playlist well ahead of the adds date, and that's in addition to the random test spins. How many unknowns can boast that?

She has some baggage in the lyric:
"You're easy Breezy and I'm Japanesey."
Posted on: 2009/2/4 15:06
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
I wouldn't really consider that "baggage" even though its probably not the most proud moment of her career. I thought that with Lady GaGa to, it took her a long time to get her name known. Her formula for doing it was good though, just keep doing "show, after show, after show".

Utada's dad is her manager so I think he'll do a good job of getting her a good schedule, she's mainly doing internet and Asian fansites things the now. Once the video is released and airplay gets away she should get more into the public eye for promoting.
Posted on: 2009/2/4 15:53
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
"Come Back to Me" has hit top 20 at KDDB according to MediaBase. Notice the top songs get 400k+ impressions, so this is a good-size station!

Posted on: 2009/2/4 16:35
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
wat station number is that??
Posted on: 2009/2/4 22:35
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
Its the Hawaiian station that's added CBTM to its play list.
Posted on: 2009/2/5 2:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...45678910...51>