Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...10>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
BoA - Self-Titled (U.S. Re-Release) [9/1/09 Digital] [9/22/09 Physical]
guest_Unregistered

Singer BoA will release her first American album on 17th March into the American mainstream music market.

The album will have 11 songs, including the songs 'Eat You Up' and 'Look Who?s Talking' from her American debut single. The producers on the team for this album will include Sean Garett who did Usher?s ?Yeah?, Chris Brown?s ?Run It? and Pussycat Dolls? ?Buttons?; and also Brian Kennedy who did Rihanna?s ?Disturbia? and Chris Brown?s ?Forever?.

The title song to BoA?s American will be dance number 'I Did It for Love', produced, written by and featuring Sean Garett. BoA?s first American album 'BoA' will also be released simultaneously in Korea, Japan and other Asian countries on 17th March.

Tracklist:

1. I Did It For Love (featuring Sean Garrett)
2. Energetic
3. Did Ya
4. Look Who?s Talking
5. Eat You Up
6. Obsessed
7. Touched
8. Scream
9. Girls On Top
10. Dress Off
11. Hypnotic dancefloor

And now news her greatest hits in Asia

Four years since the release of the chart-topping BEST OF SOUL, BoA will be releasing her second best album on 2009.3.18. The best album will be expected to include her singles from DO THE MOTION to the upcoming Eien, as well as the previously revealed new version of Meri Kuri, a new recording of VALENTI, and a new untitled track which features Crystal Kay and VERBAL from m-flo.

But wait! That's not all!

In answer to BoA's US debut, the best album will be packaged with BoA's American debut album!! The package, titled BEST&USA will released in three formats: Best+USA+2DVD, Best+USA, and Best-only. The first of the two DVDs will include music clips of singles since DO THE MOTION, while the second DVD, in addition to including the music video for Eat You Up, will also include offshots of BoA's activities in America.

Tracklisting (Japan's Best)

1."Universe (feat. Crystal Kay & Verbal(M-Flo)"
2. "Do the Motion"
3. "Eien"
4. "Nanairo no Ashita: Brand New Beat"
5. "Winter Love"
6. "Meri Kuri: Best & USA Version"
7. "Sweet Impact"
8. "Dakishimeru"
9. "Love Letter"
10. "Sparkling (2CD and 2CD+2DVD version only)"
11. "Key of Heart (2CD and 2CD+2DVD version only)"
12. "Make a Secret"
13. "Everlasting"
14. "Lose Your Mind feat.Yutaka Furukawa from Doping Panda"
15. "Believe in Love feat. BoA (Acoustic Version)"
16. "Valenti: Best & USA version"
Posted on: 2009/1/29 14:44
Re: BoA - Look Who's Talking(U.S.)/ Best & USA (Asia)
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 14/M/Puerto Rico
Looks like Utada's got some competition! I think Come Back To Me is definitely better than Eat You Up, but I'm not so sure how it compares to Look Who's Talking although I've only head that once. hmm.. "The title song to BoA?s American will be dance number 'I Did It for Love'". I wonder if Utada's album has a Dance song; not any in particular... *cough* traveling *cough*. lol
Posted on: 2009/1/29 16:16
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
oooh BoA's releasing two albums at once?!?! my goodness hikki has some competition! but i'm not worried. hikki will do great because her music is awesome and people love her lolz

although i must say, i'm rather interested in BoA's english album. my best friend is a BoA fanatic (like i am with hikaru lol) maybe i'll give the album a listen nd see if its worth buying. Eat You Up took me by surprise, i wasnt expecting something like that from her.... and Look Whose Talking sounds very conceited lol "damn right its all about me"
Posted on: 2009/1/29 16:58
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/M/IN
I don't think BoA is much competition for Utada.
They're styles of music are different.

And besides, her record label hasn't done a good job
of promoting her US debut.

All I really want to see, is an Asian artisit make it
here in the US.

I believe that Utada will be the one that will do so.

がんばって!

Posted on: 2009/1/29 18:22
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Why the title Best&USA its kinda weird coz i hate if if an album title with a word "best" on it like "aahh this is my best i cant do more on it" dude its like helpless and even though she's famous in Asia but in USA she still newbie.

Even Utada that already wellknown around the world have a difficulties in US music industry.

But still best of luck to her "GODSPEED"
Posted on: 2009/1/29 19:16
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
we just have to see which singer would come out on top
Posted on: 2009/1/29 20:42
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Why the title Best&USA its kinda weird coz i hate if if an album title with a word "best" on it like "aahh this is my best i cant do more on it" dude its like helpless and even though she's famous in Asia but in USA she still newbie.

Even Utada that already wellknown around the world have a difficulties in US music industry.

But still best of luck to her "GODSPEED"

Its because its a double CD of her debut English album and a greatest hits package of her Japanese material.

I think the title "Look Who's Talking" is a play on BoA's multi language skills and now she's part of the English market. Trouble with BoA is that she's with her Korean label for her US release and they seem to have a done a bad job with promoting her. I like "Eat You Up" and it could of done so much better in the US if she had proper promotion.

That's the advantage Hikki has with Islands, a very big record label and it seems they have learnt their mistakes with "Exodus" and are treating her as a proper artist. That's why BoA won't be much of a threat for Hikki, I still hope that she does well of course.
Posted on: 2009/1/30 3:13
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
i think it wuld be pretty good for BoA to make it here as well as Hikaru, since they have different styles of music and they both are very talented. i think BoA wuld make a nice splash if her label had more experience with the american market and knew wut to expect from us. but i think things are going good for her. she's been performing all over so thats good.
Posted on: 2009/1/30 6:51
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
It's not a question of competing, their music is too different. It's not like there's only room for one singer from Asia in the US. US is pretty big so. xP

I hope BoA will make it, I like her style :)

(But of course, if I would have to choose one of them to make it it would be hikaru-san) surprise.
Posted on: 2009/1/31 0:34
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
High Quality pics of "BEST&USA"

Posted on: 2009/2/1 10:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...10>