Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Other Music
  BoA - Self-Titled (U.S. Re-Release) [9/1/09 Digital] [9/22/09 Physical]

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678...10>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: BoA - Self-Titled(U.S.)/ Best & USA (Asia)
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Quote:

scott_o_k wrote:
So am I actually going to be able to walk into like a Wal Mart or something and pick this up? Because this has album has had about zero exposure and I just can't imagine they've convinced a lot of retailers to stock up on it.

Hey that's a good point scott....I was comparing before how BoA had so much more promotion but the exposure as a whole isn't as great. I would like to be able to walk into music stores and just pick it up as well. It comes out on my birthday! haha

BoA's not my favourite (obviously...not even second fave...that goes to Younha) but I would like to support her debut since her with Utada can really open up a new gate of Asian crossovers and bring whole new genres with them =)
Posted on: 2009/3/13 12:31
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
Quote:

seraphim wrote:
Quote:

scott_o_k wrote:
So am I actually going to be able to walk into like a Wal Mart or something and pick this up? Because this has album has had about zero exposure and I just can't imagine they've convinced a lot of retailers to stock up on it.

Hey that's a good point scott....I was comparing before how BoA had so much more promotion but the exposure as a whole isn't as great. I would like to be able to walk into music stores and just pick it up as well. It comes out on my birthday! haha

BoA's not my favourite (obviously...not even second fave...that goes to Younha) but I would like to support her debut since her with Utada can really open up a new gate of Asian crossovers and bring whole new genres with them =)

Yeah same here I didn't really get into her until now (I first heard "Every Heart" years ago but I couldn't get into it) I do like "Girls On Top" both the original and upcoming version and Rock with You (also an older song that I heard on Itunes when I was buying some songs). I'm still going to support her though!

Well BoA did a live performance on MTV lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SZD8Gpufcg&feature=related Ehhh it's in Korean for those who don't speak Korean but just watch from 0:23!

Here's another blurry video from a very excited fan (lower the volume!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ85nQ0tqmI&feature=related

I hope they both do well as well as another Korean artist Se7en.
Posted on: 2009/3/13 16:10
  •  Mahalania
      Mahalania
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/F/NY
Lol I went to look for a new shirt for meeting Hikki and I was attacked by BoA when I visted forever21.com
Posted on: 2009/3/14 9:44
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
wow...that IS being attacked by BoA o.o good for her though~

But I think Utada got the better deal with Sephora =] (better for fans since we get the chance to MEET her)
Posted on: 2009/3/14 11:45
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Anyone hear the leak? I'm listening to it right now...it's pretty hollow, except for Did Ya.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 13:34
  •  jrockn
      jrockn
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/F/happiest place on earth, angriest city in America
deleted
Posted on: 2009/3/16 14:01
  •  jrockn
      jrockn
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/F/happiest place on earth, angriest city in America
Quote:

scott_o_k wrote:

probably not walmart....but...

when Exodus came out I thought hey let me go check out the music section (this is at Target) b/c maybe for some crazy reason they actually have it, and what do you know THEY HAD IT.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 14:02
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20 / F / Philadelphia, PA
I'm not a real BoA fan - I don't like any of her Japanese stuff, and I think her only good album was Girls On Top. But the woman can sing and she works her ass off.

I liked some of the previews, so I downloaded the leak. Ugh, I can't stand the weird filter on her voice, it makes it seem like she can't sing. I really like "Touched" and "Hypnotic Dance Floor." All the songs are catchy, but not much more. Then again, the album isn't really trying to be more than that, so I think it's a solid debut.

If it's in the store when I get Utada's album, I might pick it up as well.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 14:14
  •  Hello_Ari
      Hello_Ari
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I listened to the leaked version of it. I have to say I love her japanese stuff much more. Her american album sounds too Britney Spears-ish, I guess because she helped produce it. Anyway it's not my cup of tea, but probably someone else's.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 14:28
  •  NGBear
      NGBear
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/London
Just finished listening to the leak and i like it but i love Utada's more :D

but i must say Touched and Girls on Top have me hooked i can't stop listening to them, if this album comes out in the UK i'll buy it
Posted on: 2009/3/16 14:53
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678...10>