Other Music
  BoA - Self-Titled (U.S. Re-Release) [9/1/09 Digital] [9/22/09 Physical]

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...345678910>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Re: BoA - Self-Titled(U.S.)/ Best & USA (Asia)
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

jrockn wrote:
probably not walmart....but...

when Exodus came out I thought hey let me go check out the music section (this is at Target) b/c maybe for some crazy reason they actually have it, and what do you know THEY HAD IT.

Exodus still had an established major label and a niche dance hit to its credit when it was released. Boa right now has neither.

One thing I don't get is why her singles have never had adds dates. Obviously radio isn't going to give them a chance if they don't even know they're supposed to. Makes me wonder just what the process is exactly in establishing an adds date. Hmm...
Posted on: 2009/3/16 16:07
  •  heartfelt
      heartfelt
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
i must say.. this album is worse than i thought it would be. her voice is too auto-tuned and it makes her sound very harsh. and her pronunciation of words makes her sound hard as well. overall, her voiced is too layered with synthesized beats. :(
Posted on: 2009/3/16 23:43
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I just glanced at a Boa forum and apparently very few people are able to find the album in stores.
Posted on: 2009/3/17 12:49
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
I'm not liking much of Boa lately overall.I didn't even touch the album yet.I saw that PV of the single and I wanted to die.I feel like she kind of....sold out.
Posted on: 2009/3/17 13:33
  •  danylicious
      danylicious
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 24/M/ Italy
I think there are lots of things very intresting in this album... it's more speriemental respect utada's one...

anyway i really like "Energetic"
but i prefair the velvet deep voice of Utada... even if her album is not so innovative.
Posted on: 2009/3/17 13:45
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I went to Target today and I couldn't find it at all
Posted on: 2009/3/17 14:23
  •  xstatic
      xstatic
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I don't like the album as a whole (they used autotune waaaayyyyy too much), but "I Did It For Love," "Energetic," "Scream" and "Eat You Up" are all hot. If she promotes them right, IDIFL and "Energetic" could be hits for her.

Hopefully when IDIFL is released as a single you'll be able to buy it individually on iTunes. When I went on to the iTunes store today you could buy all songs individually except IDIFL and one other one. Not sure why that is!

Anyway, I think Utada's album is much more adventurous overall and her voice is much better than BoA's, too. It'll be interesting to see how both of them do in the end (in the U.S.)!
Posted on: 2009/3/17 18:13
  •  loli-drop
      loli-drop
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/F/London
I think BoA and Utada's music styles are waaay to different to compare, but having listened to the album i found i surprisingly liked it, did ya and energetic are really catchy! ^__^

She seems to be doing quite well, number 61. itunes pop chart and 11. in music on amazon-
--whilst hikki's only 134.???!!! what?!
Posted on: 2009/3/17 18:42
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

--whilst hikki's only 134.???!!! what?!

I think it helps that Boa's album is, you know, actually out.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 7:55
  •  m2mfan
      m2mfan
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I love both of them. BoA is on #20 for overall album on itunes and #5 on the pop album chart. she's doing pretty well
Posted on: 2009/3/18 18:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...345678910>