Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456789...12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Gundam Lover
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
I don't know Nu Gundam have that weapon Oscar, it look like hyper canon from Hyakusiki Kai or Hyper canon from Full Armor ZZ Gundam.

Amaterasu the link don't work on me, i always get white empty picture .

Yes SOySauce the first girl comment about gundam XD
Posted on: 2009/7/1 1:37
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Master Grade Exia Full Ignite is coming out soon, but I'm more interested in the Gundam RX-78 2.0 + G-Fighter "Real Type"

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10087887

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10091624

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=19120&st=0

Does that fix the link, Swallowtail? I logged off and nabbed you the forum link. Maybe that was the issue.
Posted on: 2009/7/1 8:37
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
That's ridiculous! Girls don't like Gundam. That's like.. as silly as ... girls building Gundam kits!

Lol, well I have two brothers, maybe that does something. They're not pros, but they buy kits and put them together according to instructions. (still pretty dam expensive IMO)
I used to help my little brother out with his and found that it's quite fun. ^^

BTW how big is 1/10 scale? 1/6?
Posted on: 2009/7/1 9:24
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Funny story:

There was this shit-head on the model forum I go to. One day, he insisted on the fact that girls build Gundam kits. Jokingly, I said if a girl did that, she'd explode and dissapear from existence. A week later, a 'girl' who, no, a group of girls who builds models joins the forum.

Suspicious, I think. I play along with the idea, and all the lonely Gundammodelbuildingguys try to hit on her. I guess this 'girl' posted pictures up somehow of her in high school. A cute little Asian girl - hell a group of them. So anyway, most menfolk there were trying in some way to get into 'her' digital vagina and here I was on the sidelines, just grinning away.

People forget about 'her' for a while, as she dissapears. Then, about a year later, 'she' comes back, and it turns out that, after some time yet again, that it was a man masquerading as a girl. Surprise, surprise.

Any hobby is expensive of course. Check this out:

http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/fss/hsg_ledbs/products_color.html

I sorta want that. I'd never buy it in my right mind. It's some 130, 000 yen. That's about 1400 USD? It's a 1/35 scale bust that stands with a support at 70 cm tall including the head crest. It's wonderfully detailed, masterfully prototyped - but man, is the price decadent. And at 1/35 for a mecha model, it really isn't that big. I can't justify spending that cash. I call it quits at 500 USD.

The scale thing is tricky. It's just subject/model size. Say, a 1/4 human model kit (yes, they have people/character/anime figure models) is 1/4th of a human being. A 1/4 Michael Jordan would be his full height divided by four. For a robot model, regular scales are 1/144, 1/100, 1/60, 1/35. Most Gundams are 18 meters tall or so, so they stand about (I'm guessing here) in inches at 1/144 (5 in), 1/100 (7 in), 1/60 (12 inch), 1/35 (22 inch).

1/10 Gundam RX-78-2 (18 meters tall) = 1.8 meters high (six feet?)

1/6 Gundam = 3 meters tall. (ten feet?)

And yes, some amusement part in Japan made a 1:1 Gundam, meaning real-life-scale. Interesting.

*slaps self*

You shouldn't buy this, shouldn't buy this!

http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/fss/ims_bang/products_color.html
Posted on: 2009/7/1 21:02
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Dang SOY O.O ...you're actually the first girl that I've ever heard say they've made a gundam model kit

Amaterasu??? that's actually a pretty funny story XD I've actually done something of the sort on a forum that was made by an actaul friend of mine...it had to do with the comic business that a group of us are trying to start ou...and I thought I should spice it up a bit by "introducing" a sweet heart of mine from another "country" it was pretty funny I played all of them like fools and they really bought it XD XD XD

Ohh, and Val?? That gun is actually Wing Gundam's Buster Ryfle...It's on a completely different scale than the NU Gundam...but it looks pretty cool XD XD

One more thing...I'd like to go visit that RX-78 done for Gundam's 30th anniversary O.O ...it looks great!!! and it's on a scale of 1:1 ...I know the world is facinated by Transformers at the moment...but c'mon...it's a REAL GUNDAM!!!

SHINING GUNDAM

Posted on: 2009/7/1 23:55
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
that's pretty funny story Amaterasu , many online gamer do that too. Well once i was a online gamer ...already retired now.

Btw create model kit from a scratch. Damn i don't know i can handle it. That was pretty awesome u can do it without get bored.

God i want to say cursing words ( not appropriate to post it XD ) after i saw that 1/100 S.S.I KUBALKANS The Bang, it look similar with your works.
Details from that model kits i wont say perfect but it is marvelous.

Quote:

One more thing...I'd like to go visit that RX-78 done for Gundam's 30th anniversary O.O ...it looks great!!! and it's on a scale of 1:1 ...I know the world is facinated by Transformers at the moment...but c'mon...it's a REAL GUNDAM!!!

When will that happen Oscar , i know transformer popular right now.
But it's GUNDAM man (cursing words), i want to visit too

PS: What the scale of that Shining Gundam Oscar is it 1/144 ?
Posted on: 2009/7/3 1:56
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
@ Val...

Well, I think it's a 1/144...it's not a model kit though...so I'm not too sure O.o
Posted on: 2009/7/4 23:43
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
That's an MSIA figure. It's about 1/155 scale or something. Smaller than 1/144. It's not a proper scale. I hear that later MSIA are 'proper' 1/144.

SSI Kulvalcan / Bang Doll. I already own two - do I want a third? Yes, yes I do!

>.>

Maybe in a few years. I can't justify dropping $100 dollars on one (even though that's really cheap compared to the other ones!).
Posted on: 2009/7/6 15:56
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
That's an MSIA figure. It's about 1/155 scale or something. Smaller than 1/144. It's not a proper scale. I hear that later MSIA are 'proper' 1/144.

SSI Kulvalcan / Bang Doll. I already own two - do I want a third? Yes, yes I do!

>.>

Maybe in a few years. I can't justify dropping $100 dollars on one (even though that's really cheap compared to the other ones!).

That's probably true...because it is smaller than my 1/144 model kits and other figures of the same scale...
Posted on: 2009/7/6 23:21
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
ah you mean those figure with very little body articulation...only hand I have one.
Posted on: 2009/7/8 2:31
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456789...12>