Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Archived
  CBTM Radio Station Request Contact Info!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Radio Station Request Contact Info!
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
awesomeness

keep up the gud work
Posted on: 2009/3/11 0:32
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I hope 'Come Back to Me' hits up Hot 99.5 in Maryland soon *sigh* well if it hasn't already...but i don't 'think' I saw it on the list.
Posted on: 2009/3/13 15:13
  •  driftingsymfony
      driftingsymfony
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/M/Sacramento-Los Angeles
If it's not on the mediabase list of radio stations that's already played the song, that doesn't mean they won't play the song.

Here in Sacramento, KSFM did not play the song at all until I started requesting it, which they tend started playing it since March 4th, and now it's the 2nd station in the U.S. to play Utada's song the most.

So.. I would recommend to go to an R&B station in Maryland (they are more willing to play non-top 40 artist) and start requesting. What I did, was get a group of friends around 15-20 people, and everyone began requesting the song all at the same time either online or by text, and continued this requesting throughout the weeks.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 1:45
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

driftingsymfony wrote:
If it's not on the mediabase list of radio stations that's already played the song, that doesn't mean they won't play the song.

Here in Sacramento, KSFM did not play the song at all until I started requesting it, which they tend started playing it since March 4th, and now it's the 2nd station in the U.S. to play Utada's song the most.

So.. I would recommend to go to an R&B station in Maryland (they are more willing to play non-top 40 artist) and start requesting. What I did, was get a group of friends around 15-20 people, and everyone began requesting the song all at the same time either online or by text, and continued this requesting throughout the weeks.

GO HIKKI ARMY!
Posted on: 2009/3/16 2:19
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

driftingsymfony wrote:

I do think that it's been long enough that we can request at radio stations that haven't played the song yet without fear of a backlash. I've updated the OP. I still think, however, that it would be easier to pump the song up at stations already on board, since the song getting bigger in general is what'll be most persuasive on getting other stations to jump on the bandwagon.

I think we're all very appreciative of you and your friends' efforts in Sacramento. Thank you! But I also hope you understand why we do want to exercise a bit of caution. I have personally seen mass fan request campaigns backfire and stations drop songs because they don't think the requests are coming from regular listeners. I'm glad that's certainly not been the case with you guys and Sacramento.

Have the PA fans tried calling Wired WRDW recently? Any luck? That's the station that's concerning me the most right now.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 16:23
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Q wrote:
Quote:

driftingsymfony wrote:

tat is gonna be all of us, the hikkifans army!!! lolz
Posted on: 2009/3/17 0:46
Administrator
A/S/L
Posted on: 2009/3/22 4:48
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
^^^Added to the OP!
Posted on: 2009/3/23 7:02
  •  SoraJr
      SoraJr
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I know right! Utada is getting no love from DC and Maryland!
Posted on: 2009/3/28 10:45
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 23/F/Chicago
Hmm, Is there any way we can get the first list sorted by state? It's kinda hard to hit up all my local stations when I don't know if I've spotted them all. (I'd do it myself but obviously I can't edit the post)

Also, I don't see it linked there, so here's the link for the
KIIS Online Request form.
I'm not sure of the exact affiliation of that request site, but it seems like a generic media site that will submit requests based on zip code. Can't hurt. You have to write in Utada. And might as well write in BoA for good measure. I stumbled upon this site while looking for the KIIS LA online submission page (which I still haven't found :/). Hopefully it works, I haven't heard her once in the rotation and haven't seen her in the playlist either.

Edit: Oh So it's MediaBase which manages the top whatever charts, that makes more sense. Anyone know how exactly the site manages the requests? Gotta get more requests in for Utada (and BoA).

Edit2: Ok so I totally didn't realize that Utada Hasn't actually Been played on KIIS, LA. You would have thought after promoting her at Sephora and (kinda) Ryan Seacrest they'd actually spin her once. Wow how lame. I'd say anyone in LA Please hit up KIIS for requests. I know radio stations don't dig getting slammed by fans but people can say they saw her at the Sephora event. (Pardon all the edits, I shouldn't post when I'm so tired)
Posted on: 2009/3/29 0:17
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>