<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  fkny7
      fkny7
Re: Suggested questions for Hikki
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Many thanks for your patience. I finally wrote and edited the story today and posted it. Here's the link:

http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=100289&videoChannel=3

Let me know what you think of the story. I had to get it out today because her new album, "This is The One," is released tomorrow in Japan. The US release date is for later this month.

Someone asked about Kuma Chang. I couldn't put it in the story, but she told me, yes, she does sometimes take it on board when she gets on an airplane, and yes, Kuma Chang gets (his/her?) own seat.

Someone also asked about plans for a US tour. She said she'd like one, but she doesn't have one planned yet.

Oh yes, and she says she loves playing Tetris but hasn't had much time to play recently because she's been so busy.

As she says so herself, Hikki is so anti-diva. She's very engaging and extremely down-to-earth and very easy to work with. http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=100289&videoChannel=3
Posted on: 2009/3/13 19:34
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Thanks! It was a great interview. There were some harsh words like 'college dropout' and 'flopped' or 'single that went no where' but it was always elevated back with her achievements right afterwards =]

Thanks for answering some of our questions on here too! It must have been amazing to interview her and see her face-to-face!
Posted on: 2009/3/13 22:19
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
waaaaa i want to see but i can't i always stop on the logo of reuters....
Posted on: 2009/3/13 22:26
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

fkny7 wrote:
Many thanks for your patience. I finally wrote and edited the story today and posted it. Here's the link:

http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=100289&videoChannel=3

Let me know what you think of the story. I had to get it out today because her new album, "This is The One," is released tomorrow in Japan. The US release date is for later this month.

Someone asked about Kuma Chang. I couldn't put it in the story, but she told me, yes, she does sometimes take it on board when she gets on an airplane, and yes, Kuma Chang gets (his/her?) own seat.

Someone also asked about plans for a US tour. She said she'd like one, but she doesn't have one planned yet.

Oh yes, and she says she loves playing Tetris but hasn't had much time to play recently because she's been so busy.

As she says so herself, Hikki is so anti-diva. She's very engaging and extremely down-to-earth and very easy to work with. http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=100289&videoChannel=3

fantastic

thx for sharing
Posted on: 2009/3/14 1:48
  •  fkny7
      fkny7
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Many thanks for your feedback. I didn't mean to offend when I said, "Columbia dropoout." Bill Gates is often described as a "Harvard dropout," Alicia Keys, a "Columbia dropout," with no offense intended. Hey, I went to Columbia myself, and I'm proud of her having spent time there. As for "flopped," Exodus did flop in the U.S., and she herself candidly acknowledged that it failed to sell well. She is a very talented singer and songwriter, as the critic acknowledged, and several people I talked to who heard her new single said they were interested in buying it and saw top 40 potential.
Posted on: 2009/3/14 11:26
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Quote:

fkny7 wrote:
Many thanks for your feedback. I didn't mean to offend when I said, "Columbia dropoout." Bill Gates is often described as a "Harvard dropout," Alicia Keys, a "Columbia dropout," with no offense intended. Hey, I went to Columbia myself, and I'm proud of her having spent time there. As for "flopped," Exodus did flop in the U.S., and she herself candidly acknowledged that it failed to sell well. She is a very talented singer and songwriter, as the critic acknowledged, and several people I talked to who heard her new single said they were interested in buying it and saw top 40 potential.

No problem, it wasn't anything offensive but I just noted some other fansites being offended by it so I thought that I would mention it here. It was a great interview by the way. I loved how you guys showed First Love too! All the other interviews would mention her Japanese work but never SHOW it but you guys did and I think that gives a much greater impact of just how talented and diverse she is. Thanks again!!

Top 40 potential...that's awesome! =D
Posted on: 2009/3/14 11:35
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
NIce interview. :]

I'm glad you put the clip of First Love in there. I'm pretty sure many Americans know that song in English and never even thought that it was originally Japanese. ( That's how I discovered Hikki anyways~)
Maybe people will pay more attention to her when they realize she's actually a familiar voice?
Posted on: 2009/3/14 13:38
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 17/F/Mars
I really think this is the one for her. The tracks seem so much more lively and more her, ya know?

This interview was really good.

I freaked out today, I heard "Come back to me" on my Tv radio station. Frickin' awesome!!!
Posted on: 2009/3/14 13:55
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
Oooh my question about Kumachang was asked! That made my day, seriously

Thank you for a GREAT interview/video. I too love that you showed First Love, as it's soooo huge and one of the main reasons that she's so big today.

Thank you, as well, for even taking your time to visit this forum, and also bothering to answer us - I really appreciate it!

Posted on: 2009/3/14 14:04
  •  fkny7
      fkny7
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Many many thanks for your generous, thoughtful comments on my profile piece on Utada. Please feel free to mention it and the link to other fans and fansites.

I forgot to mention it to you guys, but I also had our Reuters photographer shoot stills of her just before my interview with her last month. Here are the links:

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/searchpopup?picId=8242755

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/searchpopup?picId=8242928

Enjoy.
Posted on: 2009/3/14 15:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>