•  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Things to try : before you die
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I really want to visit other parts of the States. I wanna go to Kentucky and visit the Creation Museum and then attend a Benny Hinn "concert". That will be interesting.
I think this is funny.

What I mean is... many want to travel the world, but you would like to visit other states..

this answer is kinda expected, from someone in the States, because of the fact that many Americans doesn't care much about the world outside the states.

Well, I already been to Europe...technically. But i'm still fascinated by the outside world. I still would like to get out of the Northeast and travel to other parts of the country. Boston is lovely and all, but after being here for so long and enduring ridiculous weather, you want to travel to other places. I'm a city dweller, but I wouldn't mind going to Nebraska. Just take me any where.

I thought my answer would be ironic because i'm an atheist and those locations are Christian-related. I'm not seeking a religious revival, i'm just curious to see these places. Yet i'm not really a sight-seeing person of our national landmarks, but I will still love to see the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls or even the Toilet Seat Art Museum. But would it be boring just book a vacation week in a designated location and force yourselves to see these sights without taking time and appreciating it. I think my dream road trip would be to go any where the wind takes me, go visit different locations in the different American regions and dabble in them. Sort of like blending in, truly experiencing it instead of being a typical tourist. I wouldn't mind to see the life of Southerners. I don't think it would be radically different, depending on the location, but does every place have their own special charm? Outside of America, I would love to go to Egypt, not to stand in front of the Great Sphinx of Giza and take silly pictures. Or go to any other African countries, even though it's potentially dangerous. Yet danger lurks everywhere, right? And Tokyo would be fascinating too, but there are other places besides Tokyo. I know the majority of us here adore Japan and modern Japanese culture and we would all love to visit or live in Japan, but personally, i'm getting a bit tired with seeing Japan here and Japan there.

I'll end here. Basically, I would like to travel to different places (both national and international), but not as a tourist. You know, reside there for a while and experience live at that particular place. Learn new things, meet other people [unless you're coming to Boston. xD], and adapt whatever language they speak if it isn't English or any other language i'm already efficient at and adapt the culture. If you keep rushing yourself to get a glimpse of famous sights without soaking it in the experience as a whole, time would go too fast and it'll become not so enjoyable. I don't want to live the experience with one hand tied behind my back the whole time. But with the economy here effecting most of us who reside in America, my dream road/world trip is really a mere dream...for now. Unless the economy stimulates itself once more or I score a role as a host for some show in the Travel Channel.
Posted on: 2009/2/23 12:27
  •  mcmarie
      mcmarie
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
sky diving! or hang gliding
Posted on: 2009/2/24 14:14
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
im just stating these things as they come to me...

i want to enter in a burger eating contest for once...the ones you see up in the boston area and new york...the one who devours that 4-foot-high-burger-without-throwing-up contest...the atmosphere at those places would be so much intense and yet so fun...
Posted on: 2009/2/24 19:46
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Things to try before I die ne? Hmm, I would kill everyone! So in the 2nd life we'll all be together *evil laugh. jk

haha, seriously? I would like to stalk Hikki and Younha. I'll kidnap them and bring them here in the Philippines, then I'll ask just two things for their ransom, their autograph and picture together with them ofcourse I wouldn't want their autograph alone, what would I do with just a sign? I would like to have their autograph with a very loooooooooooooooooong dedication for me. hahaha, and of course, it is addressed to my real and full name (though I hate my full name). xD

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/2/25 13:24
  •  Kiynteyh
      Kiynteyh
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/F/QC
hmmm... the things id really like to do before i die are so impossible that it'd be best not to say lolz... but i would like to participate in Ninja Warrior, meet Hikki, cosplay all over my hometown and cause lots of trouble while recording it all on tape (will be doing this very soon actually mwahahaha), and the thing i'd like to do most would be to meet my friends in the UK ^^.v

simple really lol
Wandering around in silent wonder."
- Anonymous
Posted on: 2009/2/27 21:14
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19
Witness northern lights for myself! They just blow my mind... I predict that once I see them I could stare for days and days.
Posted on: 2009/3/12 21:27
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
actually meet some of the forum members before we all go about forget about this site like 20 years from now...lol...probably less than that...but seeing some faces from here sure would be a joy
Posted on: 2009/3/14 16:13
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
actually meet some of the forum members before we all go about forget about this site like 20 years from now...lol...probably less than that...but seeing some faces from here sure would be a joy

I feel that way too! I really want to meet a lot from here in person. And I'm actually thinking of when I go to Japan that I'll on the same trip take an extra month in Asia just traveling/meeting you guys/partying But I don't know when I'm going to Japan, must get the money first. :P
Posted on: 2009/3/15 2:51
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/male/philippines
geeezz...i dont want to die...

i must marry hikki-san before my judgement day*bwahahaha*

<-------------

weeeeeeeeeee

------------->
Posted on: 2009/3/15 3:11
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Hmmm... Things to try before I die?

hmmm.. first meet Hikki and would be good friends.... lol
i wish that would really happen...
know to how play the piano then play all Hikki's song....
ooo and i'm taking up digital filming sooo i would like to direct one of hikki's music video...
thats about it....
Posted on: 2009/3/15 5:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>