Utada interview at Japanator.com
guest_Unregistered
Posted on: 2009/2/17 19:34
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Re: Utada interview at Japanator.com
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
wow that was probably the longest english interview i've read so far... thnx for the info!
Posted on: 2009/2/17 21:10
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
sugoi ne?. =D

wat a fantastic interview =D i loved it, this interivew really give a insite on hikki then ever b4, and i find it kewl that she watches dragonball z xD i also watch that too, its my fav anime of all time =D

i also didn't know ppl in japan still think she is a outsider... hmmm weird... i get if she is called a outsider in america, but not in japan tho

she is like a pop queen in japan
Posted on: 2009/2/17 22:19
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Nice interview , love when she love watching "Ghost in the Shell" and GITS Solid State Society, GITS the BEST on everything XD.
Posted on: 2009/2/18 0:42
  •  yuyunana
      yuyunana
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 22/M/China
mature sexiness in the video of Come Back To Me,
OMG it's gonna be super awesome
Posted on: 2009/2/18 1:38
  •  Cecildragoon
      Cecildragoon
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20-Male-Texas
That makes me so happy that Hikki is a DBZ fan :D and she likes other anime too thats so bloody nifty :D she is far too awesome :D

I promise you i will one day see her live and i will speak to her at least once in my life...thats a promise!
Posted on: 2009/2/18 1:40
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Thanks for the link there, I'm currently reading it. Woah, it's too long.

Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
sugoi ne…. =D

wat a fantastic interview =D i loved it, this interivew really give a insite on hikki then ever b4, and i find it kewl that she watches dragonball z xD i also watch that too, its my fav anime of all time =D

i also didn't know ppl in japan still think she is a outsider... hmmm weird... i get if she is called a outsider in america, but not in japan tho

I think, it's because of her American citizenship, I remember in the jdorama "Kami-sama, mou sukoshi dake" wherein Takeshi Kaneshiro played as music composer, he was raised in America then went back to Japan, the Japanese were calling him "American" and thought that he was an outsider because he wasn't raised in Japan. At first they were neglecting him because of that, but as time goes, it became okay. I think it's the same case as Hikki.

However, do you think nowadays, they still treat Hikki as an outsider besides of her popularity?

Lol. how ridiculous of me to react in a comment when I haven't read the said interview

gomen.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/2/18 3:16
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
^^ I think there's some truth in what you say though, macky.

It's the best interview so far after CBTM ^___^
Posted on: 2009/2/18 3:25
  •  blitzfish
      blitzfish
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 18 Male Hartford, WI
"Japanator: Are you planning any tours in America?

Utada: Not yet. Maybe. [Chuckle.] I guess we haven't gotten to that point in the process, right now we're just busy working on the album and do these interviews, shooting the music video and running around, so we're not thinking about that. It would be nice if I could. We should, I guess. I ought to, but I don't know if I can get around to it."

I would DIE if she would!!! lol
Posted on: 2009/2/18 8:34
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
sugoi ne?. =D

I think it's pretty annoying that Japanese people still consider her an outsider (not all of them of course) but I guess since she speaks English that's why. I think in a way some of us who are Japanese American or Chinese American or even have parents who come from the Carribean islands (I'm Puerto Rican but I was born and raised in the States. I made a few friends over there that heard me speak English and called me the North American girl) are seen as foreigners in both the States and in the country or birthplace of our ancestors and it's sad but I guess that's how some people like to see things.

I loved that interview! Omg she used to watch Dragonball Z on Cartoon Network just like I did when I was younger (oh yeah and I also thought the voices were weird especially Goku's lol)
Posted on: 2009/2/18 14:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>