1234...7>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Other artists you like
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Apart from Hikki, which musicians do you like and listen to regularly? Why do you listen to them? what makes them special to you?
I hope this question hasn't already been posted by someone else O-o if so, then ignore this lol
As for me, the list is pretty long... Let's try to make it short....

Shiina Ringo - she's just a diva, her style and her voice are unique... she's awesome :P
Rie Fu - she's really talented imo, her music is really easy to listen to
Ai Otsuka - she and her music are just too cute
Ayumi Hamasaki - her songs are really catchy (usually) and she changes the style pretty often
Chihiro Onitsuka - amazing voice and i'm just a fan of ballads lol

Those are my favs... I'm not really into bands and I usually can't stand boygroups at all sorry, that's just my personal opinion ~
I'm looking forward to reading your opinions
Posted on: 2009/2/27 10:35
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Other artists you like
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
Apart from Hikki, which musicians do you like and listen to regularly? Why do you listen to them? what makes them special to you?
I hope this question hasn't already been posted by someone else O-o if so, then ignore this lol
As for me, the list is pretty long... Let's try to make it short....

Shiina Ringo - she's just a diva, her style and her voice are unique... she's awesome :P

I absolutely love Shiina, there isn't a lot of Shiina fans here besides The_Pirate_King_Atomsk and myself. So it's great to see another listener. And she makes a pretty great nurse. And i'm kinda with you there about the boy bands, with the exception of DBSK. It's just listening something from Johnny's...eh.

But I'll listen to anything really. For the most part, i'm into the Beatles, Bob Dylan, the Who, Marvin Gaye, Cream, B.B. King, Jimi Hendrix, Van Morrison, the Doors, and it goes on. I also enjoy listening music Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Miles Davis, Yusef Lateef, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker, and again the list goes on. And it'll go on and on, because it's going to increase eventually.

As for J-pop, i'm not really into J-pop anymore, or at least bother to dug in for new releases and such. For J-pop I'll go with BONNIE PINK, Rie fu, Shiina or Chara. Bonnie Pink has one of the most charming and sweetest voices out there and her music just puts you in the right mood. And Chara is a bit more obscure, but her music is great also and that voice of hers is very angelic in a way. But whether it's from Japan or not, it doesn't matter because music is universal. I also still listen to Epik High of course, they're an awesome Korean hip-hop group.

But right now, it's all about Jeff Buckley. I even gave up the Beatles for a while, and that's really rare. The guy was amazing, no doubt about it. His vocal range was off the charts and his Grace album was near perfection. He just blows my mind, seriously. I suppose some you guys heard about the whole 'Hallelujah' and X-Factor ordeal back in December or probably heard his cover of Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' [no, not the one in Shrek.] somewhere. Out of all the Hallelujah covers, I personally think Jeff pulls it off no problem. Not only did he pulled it off, he created it into something almost his own.

From Grace:
Hallelujah
Grace
Last Goodbye
So Real

Check out his other works from Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk and covers too. He does freaking awesome covers of songs from Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, and many others. And if none of this catches your interest well, I think Hikki listed Jeff Buckley as one of her favorite artists. Or at least that's what I have read in her profile.

And it isn't harmful to say that he was quite handsome.
Posted on: 2009/2/27 12:25
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
im just an avid korean/japanese music listener...listening to korean/japanese music at a bulk rate kind of got me out of american mainstream after high school...im always willing to widen my range...but ive a sensitive ear...so i just mainly stick with korean and japanese...and a little american rock whenever some songs that i like come up on the radio...

i guess im into...MC Mong of course, and lots of poppy stuff....i dont care honestly...otsuka ai, lee seung gi, DBSK, NEWS, eun ji won, BIG BANG, wonder girls, SNSD, YUI, aqua timez, orange range, some alice nine...uverworld,...those are mainly the ones i get on my playlist lots of times on my daily music intake...and for english stuff...basically like only linkin park, digitalism, some KSE here and there, and bloc party, and a canadian band...monkey majik..awesome group, two canadians and two japanese with a real soft japanese feel...cant stop listening to them
Posted on: 2009/2/27 16:04
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I like Carlos Santana- Guitar style is awesome. Legendary

Jack Johnson- Nice relaxing songs that sing to the heart

2pac- Thugz Mansion. Good song.

T.I.- King of the South. One of my fav rappers.

Michelle Branch- Pretty voice, nice songs, did collabs with Santana.

John Mayer-Good songs, guitar style is gorgeous.

Will.I.Am- I like his lyrics and his sound. Good stuff.

I like many others but they're groups and bands so i don't think/know if i can add them here..
Posted on: 2009/2/27 18:28
  •  Kiynteyh
      Kiynteyh
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/F/QC
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Within Temptation <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Their songs are very poetic and the way they mix rock with orchestration is outstanding.. the lead singer has serious talent and is very beautiful as well imo... tho ive refused to compare her with Hikki cuz she is still the best for various reasons ^^... however i will say-

Paramore's got nothing on them!!!!!!
Wandering around in silent wonder."
- Anonymous
Posted on: 2009/2/27 21:50
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i listen to:

1.M-flo - love all of hers collab
2.namae amuro - great hip-hop music
3.koda kumi - too sexy

etc. lolz
Posted on: 2009/2/28 0:01
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Other music that i like ?
From Japan
Versailles ~ my brother always played song from this band everyday so i had to listen and i like a few of their song
Gackt ~ maybe the lyrics make me like this band and the vocalist voice
B'z ~ their ballad song very nice a must listen vene only one song in day
Luna Sea ~ their song so awesome sadly they break up, but i heard they together again ?
Abingdon Boys School ~ sick rock band they cover Luna Sea song
Tatsuro Yamashita ~ u must have his song, he's a legend in Japan, i love "Forever Mine" very touchy song u should watch the PV
L'Arc n Ciel ~ reason hmmm no need reason i just love their music
Yoko Kanno ~ she's the queen of soundtrack anime and i heard she make soundtrack for movie too :Y:
Chemistry, Orange-range, Mr Children, Aqua Timez, Color Bottle.

right know i listen a lot to techno music, very energetic
Aira Mitsuki, SAWA , MEG, Maki Goto, Capsule and etc

From Indonesia
Sheila on 7, Cokelat , Utopia, Warna (not band they were a group of 2 female and 2 male), Mocca , Maliq and D'essential.

Other
Anggun, a French Singer she born and grow up in Indonesia yay proud of her
t.A.t.U, I like their song in Russian language... awesome XD
Enya ~ if i'm have a bad day i must listen to her song, for relax.
Muse, Linkin Park, Disturbed and ect
Depend on my mood, what song i listen.
Posted on: 2009/2/28 4:46
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Japanese:
Younha
Hitomi Takahashi
NewS
Arashi
Yui
Ai Otsuka
Orange Range
Yuna Ito
Okumura Hatsune - The artist of "Honto wa ne" which is the ED theme of Seigi no Mikata
UVERworld
Mr. Children
Kuwata Keisuke

Korean:
Younha
---------------
Haha. I find it very hard to pronounce Korean words that's why I wasn't that hooked with it. lol. Gomen. Only Korean songs of Younha are the ones which I really appreciated. [yeah, I've got a crush on her ]

OPM/Filipino Music:
Hale - I really love this band since they've debuted in 2005 with their most popular hit The Day You Said Goodnight
Kamikazee
Kyla
6Cycle Mind
Spongecola - 's Yael Yuzon.

English:
Simple Plan
MCR
FM Static
Avril Lavigne
David Cook
David Archuleta

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/2/28 17:51
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
Bands I know I'll listen to until I die is:
Pink Floyd
Queen
The Eagles

Bands I approve of otherwise:
KAT-TUN
Big Bang
X Japan
Metallica
Dream Theater
Remioromen
Miyavi
Godsmack
Lina Hansson - Check her out, she's a very talented local artist from Sweden! :)
Flight of the Conchords
Stephen Lynch

And to some point NewS and Arashi too.
Posted on: 2009/3/1 4:32
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
No one listens to Mizuki Nana or MAXIMUM THE HORMONE?! For shame on all of you....
Posted on: 2009/3/2 0:19
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...7>