•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Other artists you like
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
No one listens to Mizuki Nana or MAXIMUM THE HORMONE?! For shame on all of you....

Some songs from MAXIMUM THE HORMONE tends to be infectious. Well, at least I thought Koi no Mega Lover was pretty damn addictive. And I have listened to Nana Mizuki ages ago, but I can't recall ever being into her music.
Posted on: 2009/3/2 19:06
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
You're damn right their songs are infectious! Koi No Megalover was all right to me, but I absolutely love What's Up, People. I just love everything about the song from the guitars to the drums to the screaming. Its pure 100% awesomeness to me. There new song, Tsume Tsume Tsume, is really good too. You should check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXK4PX8HLUg

As for Mizuki Nana, you don't like Astrogation?! That's such an awesome song! You should try her new song Shin Ai, you might like it cause it mixes J-Pop and Classical music together to create a wonderful harmony with some of the most awesome piano and harp playing I've ever heard in a J-pop song not to mention this is some of the best vocal work she has ever done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adtox57xehE&feature=channel_page
Posted on: 2009/3/2 22:33
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
You're damn right their songs are infectious! Koi No Megalover was all right to me, but I absolutely love What's Up, People. I just love everything about the song from the guitars to the drums to the screaming. Its pure 100% awesomeness to me. There new song, Tsume Tsume Tsume, is really good too. You should check it out:

As for Mizuki Nana, you don't like Astrogation?! That's such an awesome song! You should try her new song Shin Ai, you might like it cause it mixes J-Pop and Classical music together to create a wonderful harmony with some of the most awesome piano and harp playing I've ever heard in a J-pop song not to mention this is some of the best vocal work she has ever done:

I tried out your MTH recommendation a few times, i'm not really into the song. It doesn't really strike a chord with me some reason. I haven't heard What's Up People in ages, can't really share my personal opinion. And I recently listened to Koi no Mega Lover...that song isn't really all that infectious? For some reason, I love it. xD Another song that I loved was Zetsubou Billy and idea behind it's PV.

Though their songs are indeed infectious, I kinda get turned off by the screaming.

Shin Ai is beautiful and I like the usage of the harp there. The melody is kinda standard J-pop, but I liked the song overall. Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate it.
Posted on: 2009/3/3 15:45
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:

I tried out your MTH recommendation a few times, i'm not really into the song. It doesn't really strike a chord with me some reason. I haven't heard What's Up People in ages, can't really share my personal opinion. And I recently listened to Koi no Mega Lover...that song isn't really all that infectious? For some reason, I love it. xD Another song that I loved was Zetsubou Billy and idea behind it's PV.

Though their songs are indeed infectious, I kinda get turned off by the screaming.

Shin Ai is beautiful and I like the usage of the harp there. The melody is kinda standard J-pop, but I liked the song overall. Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate it.

You don't like Tsume Tsume Tsume? It was hella infectious on me. As for Koi No Megalover, I'm not saying its not infectious, I'm just saying that I don't think its as great of a song as say What's up, People; Zetsubou Billy; and Tsume Tsume Tsume. I still like the song a lot, just not as much as their other works. And I too think the idea behind the Zetsubou Billy and it's PV are AWESOME! When I first saw it, I didn't know how the band looked like so I thought the guys at the beginning were them. XD Incorporating Death Note into the PV was absolute genious.

Glad to hear that you liked Shin Ai and your welcome.
Posted on: 2009/3/3 20:01
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I also listen to:

1. Namie Amuro - I love her music and hip-hop / R&B style! They're all so addictive and she's really talented and hot!
2. BoA - She's an amazing singer and has a great voice. I love many of her upbeat dance songs
3. Lee Soo Young - I love her ballads!
4. Ayumi Hamasaki
Posted on: 2009/3/3 20:07
  •  Sylfi
      Sylfi
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/Male/Cali
Japanese

Younha - She was actually the first J-Pop artist I ever heard. I must admit, I did hear of her from BLEACH, but now she's one of my favorite artists. Her newest Korean album is probably my favorite of hers yet! Plus, my brother is roommates with her cousin!

Rie fu - I really like her kind of homely voice, and it's a bit of an endearing quality. I heard of her from BLEACH too, but I originally hated her. She's the outlier in my music. I normally like fast-paced or band songs, but her folk music is really soothing. And I love "Romantic" too.

Shimatani Hitomi - You should start to notice a pattern in my Japanese artists. Actually, I found out about Shima from DDR, on the one with Angelus. I normally don't listen to artists who don't write their own songs (coughyounhacough. Oh well, she plays piano and writes SOME songs.) or don't play an instrument, but sometimes I make exceptions. Mostly because Shima has the voice of an angel and the control of an opera singer. She ran all the way across a giant stage and didn't show any signs of tiredness... or whatever you call it.

American

Britney Spears - Ahh... the first artist I ever liked. I found out about HER when I was in kindergarten (I'm a freshman in HS now.), but then after her 3rd album, I just hated her. Now I'm back in love with Brit-Brit and Circus is really amazing.

Lady GaGa - Actually... I can't even remember how I found out about her... and it was only a couple months ago. Lady GaGa, along the artist I'm about to mention, is my favorite singer. Not only does she write her own songs, she writes her music, produces, designs her own clothes, and creates her own shows. I've gone gaga for GaGa (Always wanted to say that!) because she has a great voice and her songs are just so raunchily out there. She combines sex with perkiness, and it just works.

Katy Perry - My OTHER current favorite artist is Katy Perry. Along with Rie fu, I'm partly attracted to her because of her signature voice. She doesn't have the best voice, but it has character. I found out about her when I learned about "I Kissed A Girl" a long while after it was popular, and I liked her music. Of course, being hot and having a huge rack doesn't hurt either.

Hikki - Why is Hikki under American? I found out about her through Simple And Clean, which is in English, and I mostly listen to her English music, but I love her Japanese work too. Hikki may not be my current favorite artist, but she's my favorite of all time. I actually find that she's an expression of God's sense of humor. She's this tiny little Asian chick with such a powerful, booming voice that could bring any person to their knees. I really love Exodus (deal with it) because it's in English, and it's an expression of her creativity. Kremlin Dusk still brings me chills when I listen to it, and she's such a beautiful girl and singer.
LOVE ME HIKKI!!

Paramore - This list is getting kinda long! But, I found out about Paramore through my brother's GF, who I'm kinda friends with. Love Hayley, love the band, and love their songs. Yayz. They come in after GaGa, Katy, and they tie with Brit in favorite American artist. Hikki is still at the top, of course.

International

M.I.A. - Well, I was lying when I said Rie fu was the outlier in my music. Maya is. For some reason, even though she's hip-hop, I really like her. Don't know why, and don't really wanna know why. She's just good, tasteful, political hip-hop.

DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown. 'Nuff said.

Natashsa Bedingfield - I heard Pocketful Of Sunshine, liked it, and downloaded the album (argh, piracy!). I really like her combonation of pop and soul. I've always sorta liked soul, but it never was really accessible... to me at least. Natasha kinda opened that up.

Nightwish - Done with the Brits, now on to other countries. In case you didn't know, Nightwish sings in English and is from Finland and recently replaced their singer due to a stupid falling out. Their original singer gave the band something that others didn't: class. She is a classically trained soprano, and she had the most stunningest (yayz for incorrect words!) voice and brought pizazz to all of their songs. Nightwish's new singer is quite different, mostly because she is Swedish and isn't an operatic soprano. She brings a different sound that I also like to the band. Old Nightwish and New Nightwish are really like two seperate bands, apples and oranges. But I still liked their old singer better. The new one is great, though.

Savage Garden - If you've read this far into my post, congratulate yourself. You deserve it. All I will say is that they NEED to get back together because they were the best Pop Rock duo, maybe even artists, of all time.

Honorable Mentions

-Linkin Park
-Tokio Hotel
-All kinds of Broadway showtunes
-She & Him (Zooey Deschanel. Look her up.)
-Cascada
-Jyongri
-BoA
-Lara Fabian actually shouldn't be an honorable mention, but in the interest of length (too late!), I kept her off the main list. Amazing pipes. Best technical singer I have ever heard, at least, in non-classical. She's Belgian and speaks great English.

Sorry if that was too long. If you didn't read it, don't TL;DR me. At least humor me and pretend you read it. Sorry if I accidentally dominated the thread!

EDIT: HOLY S**T ON A STICK! Damn, that's long...
Posted on: 2009/3/3 22:40
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Sylfi wrote:

Younha - She was actually the first J-Pop artist I ever heard. I must admit, I did hear of her from BLEACH, but now she's one of my favorite artists. Her newest Korean album is probably my favorite of hers yet! Plus, my brother is roommates with her cousin!

Yeah! I totally agree! Her 2nd Korean album was the BOMB! I love it!! Really! Wait?! You're brother is roommate with her cousin? How true is that? OH MY!!!!! Really LUCKY!! I'am dying to see Younha! Even knowing a connection with her would make me faint

EDIT: And I also listen to Lara Fabian, I first know her from her song "Broken Vow" which was played here in Phil for the Taiwanese Drama/Adaptation of "Hana Yori Dango" -- Meteor Garden

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/3/4 0:15
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
I listen to mostly the brilliant green, Laruku and tommy heavenly/february (I just love tomoko kawase's voice)

Other artists I listen to are The Cardigans, Garbage, Natalie Imbruglia, D12, (there's not much variety in my playlist. It's only a iPod shuffle)
Posted on: 2009/3/4 5:05
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Anything that's House Music (whenever it's from the UK or Japan)
R&B, Hip-Hop, some pop, jazz, downtempo/Lounge, J-Pop (startin' to like it), a little bit of trance

But the artists I listen to are:

Mylene Farmer (she's from France)
Pet Shop Boys
Depeche Mode
Phil Collins/Genesis
And so forth, and so forth....

I'm pretty much open to music (expect for Country and Heavy Metal)
Posted on: 2009/3/4 9:48
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I'm really into the "Fukuoka kids" scene right now.Susquatch is a new discovery of mine's I like rather much.Straightener has grasp an even better sound now and shockingly even while losing a member to Straightener,ART-SCHOOL is still evolving quite nicely.I'm very anxious for the new Luminous Orange album.I have an audio rip of "Autumn Song" that I've been raping for weeks.Praying for a Tokyo Jihen release this year too.Shiina's compilation of absolutely everything I already own was a nice reminiscent but I want something new -_-.
Posted on: 2009/3/4 10:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...7>