<1...34567>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Other artists you like
guest_Unregistered
I also listen to:

1. Namie Amuro - I love her music and hip-hop / R&B style! They're all so addictive and she's really talented and hot!
2. BoA - She's an amazing singer and has a great voice. I love many of her upbeat dance songs
3. Lee Soo Young - I love her ballads!
4. Ayumi Hamasaki
Posted on: 2009/3/3 20:07
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
You're damn right their songs are infectious! Koi No Megalover was all right to me, but I absolutely love What's Up, People. I just love everything about the song from the guitars to the drums to the screaming. Its pure 100% awesomeness to me. There new song, Tsume Tsume Tsume, is really good too. You should check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXK4PX8HLUg

As for Mizuki Nana, you don't like Astrogation?! That's such an awesome song! You should try her new song Shin Ai, you might like it cause it mixes J-Pop and Classical music together to create a wonderful harmony with some of the most awesome piano and harp playing I've ever heard in a J-pop song not to mention this is some of the best vocal work she has ever done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adtox57xehE&feature=channel_page

I tried out your MTH recommendation a few times, i'm not really into the song. It doesn't really strike a chord with me some reason. I haven't heard What's Up People in ages, can't really share my personal opinion. And I recently listened to Koi no Mega Lover...that song isn't really all that infectious? For some reason, I love it. xD Another song that I loved was Zetsubou Billy and idea behind it's PV.

Though their songs are indeed infectious, I kinda get turned off by the screaming.

Shin Ai is beautiful and I like the usage of the harp there. The melody is kinda standard J-pop, but I liked the song overall. Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate it.

You don't like Tsume Tsume Tsume? It was hella infectious on me. As for Koi No Megalover, I'm not saying its not infectious, I'm just saying that I don't think its as great of a song as say What's up, People; Zetsubou Billy; and Tsume Tsume Tsume. I still like the song a lot, just not as much as their other works. And I too think the idea behind the Zetsubou Billy and it's PV are AWESOME! When I first saw it, I didn't know how the band looked like so I thought the guys at the beginning were them. XD Incorporating Death Note into the PV was absolute genious.

Glad to hear that you liked Shin Ai and your welcome.
Posted on: 2009/3/3 20:01
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
You're damn right their songs are infectious! Koi No Megalover was all right to me, but I absolutely love What's Up, People. I just love everything about the song from the guitars to the drums to the screaming. Its pure 100% awesomeness to me. There new song, Tsume Tsume Tsume, is really good too. You should check it out:

As for Mizuki Nana, you don't like Astrogation?! That's such an awesome song! You should try her new song Shin Ai, you might like it cause it mixes J-Pop and Classical music together to create a wonderful harmony with some of the most awesome piano and harp playing I've ever heard in a J-pop song not to mention this is some of the best vocal work she has ever done:

I tried out your MTH recommendation a few times, i'm not really into the song. It doesn't really strike a chord with me some reason. I haven't heard What's Up People in ages, can't really share my personal opinion. And I recently listened to Koi no Mega Lover...that song isn't really all that infectious? For some reason, I love it. xD Another song that I loved was Zetsubou Billy and idea behind it's PV.

Though their songs are indeed infectious, I kinda get turned off by the screaming.

Shin Ai is beautiful and I like the usage of the harp there. The melody is kinda standard J-pop, but I liked the song overall. Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate it.
Posted on: 2009/3/3 15:45
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male

Posted on: 2009/3/2 22:33
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
No one listens to Mizuki Nana or MAXIMUM THE HORMONE?! For shame on all of you....

Some songs from MAXIMUM THE HORMONE tends to be infectious. Well, at least I thought Koi no Mega Lover was pretty damn addictive. And I have listened to Nana Mizuki ages ago, but I can't recall ever being into her music.
Posted on: 2009/3/2 19:06
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
No one listens to Mizuki Nana or MAXIMUM THE HORMONE?! For shame on all of you....
Posted on: 2009/3/2 0:19
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
Bands I know I'll listen to until I die is:
Pink Floyd
Queen
The Eagles

Bands I approve of otherwise:
KAT-TUN
Big Bang
X Japan
Metallica
Dream Theater
Remioromen
Miyavi
Godsmack
Lina Hansson - Check her out, she's a very talented local artist from Sweden! :)
Flight of the Conchords
Stephen Lynch

And to some point NewS and Arashi too.
Posted on: 2009/3/1 4:32
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Japanese:
Younha
Hitomi Takahashi
NewS
Arashi
Yui
Ai Otsuka
Orange Range
Yuna Ito
Okumura Hatsune - The artist of "Honto wa ne" which is the ED theme of Seigi no Mikata
UVERworld
Mr. Children
Kuwata Keisuke

Korean:
Younha
---------------
Haha. I find it very hard to pronounce Korean words that's why I wasn't that hooked with it. lol. Gomen. Only Korean songs of Younha are the ones which I really appreciated. [yeah, I've got a crush on her ]

OPM/Filipino Music:
Hale - I really love this band since they've debuted in 2005 with their most popular hit The Day You Said Goodnight
Kamikazee
Kyla
6Cycle Mind
Spongecola - 's Yael Yuzon.

English:
Simple Plan
MCR
FM Static
Avril Lavigne
David Cook
David Archuleta

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/2/28 17:51
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Other music that i like ?
From Japan
Versailles ~ my brother always played song from this band everyday so i had to listen and i like a few of their song
Gackt ~ maybe the lyrics make me like this band and the vocalist voice
B'z ~ their ballad song very nice a must listen vene only one song in day
Luna Sea ~ their song so awesome sadly they break up, but i heard they together again ?
Abingdon Boys School ~ sick rock band they cover Luna Sea song
Tatsuro Yamashita ~ u must have his song, he's a legend in Japan, i love "Forever Mine" very touchy song u should watch the PV
L'Arc n Ciel ~ reason hmmm no need reason i just love their music
Yoko Kanno ~ she's the queen of soundtrack anime and i heard she make soundtrack for movie too :Y:
Chemistry, Orange-range, Mr Children, Aqua Timez, Color Bottle.

right know i listen a lot to techno music, very energetic
Aira Mitsuki, SAWA , MEG, Maki Goto, Capsule and etc

From Indonesia
Sheila on 7, Cokelat , Utopia, Warna (not band they were a group of 2 female and 2 male), Mocca , Maliq and D'essential.

Other
Anggun, a French Singer she born and grow up in Indonesia yay proud of her
t.A.t.U, I like their song in Russian language... awesome XD
Enya ~ if i'm have a bad day i must listen to her song, for relax.
Muse, Linkin Park, Disturbed and ect
Depend on my mood, what song i listen.
Posted on: 2009/2/28 4:46
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i listen to:

1.M-flo - love all of hers collab
2.namae amuro - great hip-hop music
3.koda kumi - too sexy