Utada News
  Utada Personal Appearance @ Sephora! [CONFIRMED]

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...345678>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  lil2twins
      lil2twins
Re: Utada Personal Appearance @ Sephora!
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
YEY so i finally got through to them (hollywood and highland)

My Conversation:

me: hi I would like to make an appointment to see Utada on March 24th.

Lady: oh no you dont have to, you can just show up without making an appointment.

me: really? So i can just show up?

Lady: yap, just show up.

me: okay thanks!!!

Maybe it depends on each store if they need an appointment or not and thats why they put that disclaimer up. Anyways I will see you guys/girls on tuesday the 24th!! :)
Posted on: 2009/3/11 9:53
  •  lovechan
      lovechan
Re: Utada Personal Appearance @ Sephora! [CONFIRMED]
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I called Sephora at NYC and we don't need an appointment either.
Can't wait to see her.
Posted on: 2009/3/11 10:13
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
hey everyone, make sure you take lots of pictures and post them on the forum! We'll create threads for each day so we can organize it better that way and you guys can communicate with each other on who's going and such.

What do you guys think about presenting her with a UN fan-made gift? I know a lot of the YUI fans boards do this when they go to her concerts in Japan.
Posted on: 2009/3/11 10:43
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
That is a very good idea, Seraphim.

Although, Utada's appearance in a chain of make-up stores is really very odd.. it seems quite out of character for her.
Posted on: 2009/3/11 10:50
  •  animemiz
      animemiz
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L /F/NYC
I wonder if her company wants her to appeal to a certain type of woman, well who would shop at Sephora?

I really like the idea of a fan made gift to Hikki... ugh I don't know what to make for her!!! I am definitely really excited to go for her appearance in NYC!!! I just really really hope that it won't turn into a madhouse, as I saw what happen in several other events when Japanese artists came over here.
Posted on: 2009/3/11 10:55
  •  Mahalania
      Mahalania
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/F/NY
I've seen people show up in stranger places lol
I'd love to give her a UN fan-made gift!
Posted on: 2009/3/11 10:55
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
I wrote a poem for her, but that's going to be a gift from me personally, if I can get it to her. But I think we should totally prepare a gift for at least one of the events as an Utada fan forum! ^^

Quote:

Hey twins, how'd you get through to a real person? I just called and all I got was a recorded message talking about some "beauty insider" thing, then a whole bunch of numbers I could press to find out various information, none of which seemed relevant to the listening party. :/
Posted on: 2009/3/11 11:05
  •  kill3rt3ddy
      kill3rt3ddy
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Hey Guys!!! I AM SOOOOO ECSTATIC to hear that we will see Utada IN PERSON. People who are going to the Hollywood Sephora... How early will you guys be there?
I AM SO EXCITED!!! :D
Posted on: 2009/3/11 11:07
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I don't know who told you guys that you can just come without reservation but on the website it says "Space is limited. Please call the store to book your appointment today". I called and the lady told me to call back later because she needs to get more info on the event first.

So I'll be calling back later to book.
Remember this a store, how many people do you think they can fit?
Posted on: 2009/3/11 11:22
  •  lil2twins
      lil2twins
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
I wrote a poem for her, but that's going to be a gift from me personally, if I can get it to her. But I think we should totally prepare a gift for at least one of the events as an Utada fan forum! ^^

Quote:

Hey twins, how'd you get through to a real person? I just called and all I got was a recorded message talking about some "beauty insider" thing, then a whole bunch of numbers I could press to find out various information, none of which seemed relevant to the listening party. :/

I pressed 3. I think it helped that i called 15 mins before they opened. Last time i called during store hours, no one picked up; i think they might of been busy with customers.

I think they would of told us from the start if we need to make an appointment or told us to call back later so they can get more information; but nope this wasnt in my case. (referring to hollywood and highland). I think each store is different and operates differently.

If i remember correclty the sephora store is pretty big at the kodak theater center, also if that many people will show up..then thats good! creates attention for hikki and im sure if anything... they will create a line so people can line up and meet/greet her (kinda like at a virgin record store). I really dont think they will shun the fans away just cuz the place is so small....They might limit people for her listening party, but i don think it will take 3 hours for her to explain every song. And once the party is over, they will open doors again for the rest of the people to meet/greet her. I dunno thats just my opinion.
Posted on: 2009/3/11 12:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...345678>