*A* this has made my day!

But i really like A&C
Posted on: 2009/3/8 12:32
  •  Mahalania
      Mahalania
Re: Apple and Cinnamon + Taking My Money Back Previews
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/F/NY
A&C has some fun lyrics play but I'm still diggin Merry Chirstmas Mr. Lawrance- FYI most out of the 4 new ones
Posted on: 2009/3/8 12:42
  •  danylicious
      danylicious
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 24/M/ Italy
mmm, i had not a strong impact for "apple and cinnamon" and "take my money back" in the same way of "merry xmas.." and "dirty desire".
but i'm sure i will like them when i'll listen to them.
  •  c_gaijin
      c_gaijin
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I'm liking all the previews so far...with the right promotion this album could do quite well.

If you take in account that most albums out there (at least in the N.American market) have only 3-4 good tracks at most, and that's being optimistic, then "This Is The One" is most likely going to be a good album.

I mean, we've only heard one full version of a song, and the previews so far have been good.

I guess we've been spoiled with Hikki's previous albums... practically all the tracks on her Japanese albums are good!
  •  Sylfi
      Sylfi
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/Male/Cali
They're great, but maybe I'm just not in a ballad kind of mood. But again, I can see that the five songs that have been previewed/released are all related. Reiterating what I said on the other sample board:

Quote:
FYI: She's with her boyfriend. They "have fun." I think. This sets up the relationship with her guy.

Dirty Desire: She's dreaming about this other guy who isn't her hubby/boyfriend, and she goes after him.

Come Back To Me: (Choose one) Hubby/boyfriend/[insert other kind of name for a significant other (there I go being all PC again) you can think of] catches her with the other guy. She begs for forgiveness.

Now finally, with Apple and Cinnamon and Taking My Money Back, we have two more links between the songs.

Apple and Cinnamon: It kinda goes between FYI and Dirty Desire. She's liking this guy, but it seems to good to be true to her, and she doesn't think it can last. So she goes out looking for another guy, or she's already found another guy that she can have a better relationship with.

Taking My Money Back: It comes between Dirty Desire and Come Back To Me. She found out that she made a mistake finding this other guy and when he found out she was trying to be with him, he started using her for sex. She went along with it for a while, but she felt guilty and wanted to be with her true man again. When she says, "I'm taking my money back," it's kinda like she's saying that she's taking back her commitment and she's "taking this guy back to the store and returning him."

Then Come Back To Me comes in and she begs for forgiveness, and for right now, that's the end of the story. Hikki seems to be turning out quite a concept album here. Or maybe it's just me. I can't wait to hear the other songs to see if they're related too. I never thought that Hikki could be so deep. Either I'm drawing these connections myself, or just merely connecting the dots that she laid out for us, but either way, this is thought provoking stuff... At least, it is to me. :D
Posted on: 2009/3/8 12:43
  •  hrabbit
      hrabbit
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L ??/female/USA
FINALLY I GET TO HEAR APPLE AND CINNAMON! God I kept thinking of apple jacks XD now I can think of the song!! I thought the two new previews were alright, I will have to hear the whole song before I can tell if I really love them or not. Dirty Desire is still my fav so far <333
Posted on: 2009/3/8 13:04
  •  Avenger_Seraphim
      Avenger_Seraphim
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/Male/Greece
Nice! From the previes every song sound good... I guess Dirty Desire and Apple And Cinnamon are the best (from the preview XD maybe i'll change opinion when the cd "knock" my door :D).

Also Taking My Money Back was good :p *pokes the "'cause the sex was so good"* lool

I can feel you breathe...
Posted on: 2009/3/8 13:29
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17/M/USA
Definetly love both these previews, i actualy prefer these two over Dirty Desire and FYI.
Posted on: 2009/3/8 16:12
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Wow.
I have to say that it was a bit of a shock to hear Utada using the word "sex" so directly. But I'm actually really happy with where this album is going. It's definitely going to be much more adult- I think "This Is The One" is going to be the album Utada uses to really reflect how she's grown from the whole "true love" theme of "First Love" to the reality of relationships in songs like "Dirty Desire" and "Taking My Money Back." "Apple and Cinnamon" sounds like it might be a bit more romantic, though, which is good. So whoopee for multi-faceted artistry!
I think as of now I'm most enthralled with "Apple and Cinnamon" and "FYI." I hope "Poppin'" is going to be really upbeat and fun, and I'm still waiting anxiously to hear "Automatic Part II." I'm pre-ordering the physical album today, and I'll probably buy the digital copy on iTunes when it comes out, too. :3
Posted on: 2009/3/8 16:16
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Yeah I'm hoping there will be at least 2 fun, upbeat, dance tracks on the album. Hopefully, On and On and Me Muero would be. But so far, I am loving the songs on this album
Posted on: 2009/3/8 17:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>