<1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  ssigman
      ssigman
Re: Apple and Cinnamon + Taking My Money Back Previews
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I dunno V_V I'm kind of unexcited now. It sounds soooo mainstream, I loved her experimental stuff like Ultra Blue and Heart Station. I'm sure this will eventually grow on me, because it's Hikki, but I'm sad it's a mainstream sound. (I don't like American mainstream music that much).
Posted on: 2009/3/8 17:16
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
So far, besides Apple and Cinnamon, none of the previews are really appealing. But who knows, they might turn out to be kick butt when the full songs are finally released.
Posted on: 2009/3/8 17:21
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

ssigman wrote:
I dunno V_V I'm kind of unexcited now. It sounds soooo mainstream, I loved her experimental stuff like Ultra Blue and Heart Station. I'm sure this will eventually grow on me, because it's Hikki, but I'm sad it's a mainstream sound. (I don't like American mainstream music that much).

really??

i actually think A&C sounds like her japanese work
Posted on: 2009/3/8 17:25
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Quote:

Sylfi wrote:
They're great, but maybe I'm just not in a ballad kind of mood. But again, I can see that the five songs that have been previewed/released are all related. Reiterating what I said on the other sample board:

Quote:
FYI: She's with her boyfriend. They "have fun." I think. This sets up the relationship with her guy.

Dirty Desire: She's dreaming about this other guy who isn't her hubby/boyfriend, and she goes after him.

Come Back To Me: (Choose one) Hubby/boyfriend/[insert other kind of name for a significant other (there I go being all PC again) you can think of] catches her with the other guy. She begs for forgiveness.

Now finally, with Apple and Cinnamon and Taking My Money Back, we have two more links between the songs.

Apple and Cinnamon: It kinda goes between FYI and Dirty Desire. She's liking this guy, but it seems to good to be true to her, and she doesn't think it can last. So she goes out looking for another guy, or she's already found another guy that she can have a better relationship with.

Taking My Money Back: It comes between Dirty Desire and Come Back To Me. She found out that she made a mistake finding this other guy and when he found out she was trying to be with him, he started using her for sex. She went along with it for a while, but she felt guilty and wanted to be with her true man again. When she says, "I'm taking my money back," it's kinda like she's saying that she's taking back her commitment and she's "taking this guy back to the store and returning him."

Then Come Back To Me comes in and she begs for forgiveness, and for right now, that's the end of the story. Hikki seems to be turning out quite a concept album here. Or maybe it's just me. I can't wait to hear the other songs to see if they're related too. I never thought that Hikki could be so deep. Either I'm drawing these connections myself, or just merely connecting the dots that she laid out for us, but either way, this is thought provoking stuff... At least, it is to me. :D

Another connection that might have happened "by accident". So far it seems like the tracks can be connected and tell the story of one girl's relationship(s) throughout life. So maybe all the track's sort of go through her relationship problems until she finds 'The One' - hence, 'This is The One'

haha it might be stretching it and I know that she got the title from someone just exclaiming it and she caught onto it, but if all the songs revolve around relationships then referencing to 'The One' also fits in to the whole theme of her album.
Posted on: 2009/3/8 18:41
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

seraphim wrote:
Quote:

Sylfi wrote:
They're great, but maybe I'm just not in a ballad kind of mood. But again, I can see that the five songs that have been previewed/released are all related. Reiterating what I said on the other sample board:

Quote:
FYI: She's with her boyfriend. They "have fun." I think. This sets up the relationship with her guy.

Dirty Desire: She's dreaming about this other guy who isn't her hubby/boyfriend, and she goes after him.

Come Back To Me: (Choose one) Hubby/boyfriend/[insert other kind of name for a significant other (there I go being all PC again) you can think of] catches her with the other guy. She begs for forgiveness.

Now finally, with Apple and Cinnamon and Taking My Money Back, we have two more links between the songs.

Apple and Cinnamon: It kinda goes between FYI and Dirty Desire. She's liking this guy, but it seems to good to be true to her, and she doesn't think it can last. So she goes out looking for another guy, or she's already found another guy that she can have a better relationship with.

Taking My Money Back: It comes between Dirty Desire and Come Back To Me. She found out that she made a mistake finding this other guy and when he found out she was trying to be with him, he started using her for sex. She went along with it for a while, but she felt guilty and wanted to be with her true man again. When she says, "I'm taking my money back," it's kinda like she's saying that she's taking back her commitment and she's "taking this guy back to the store and returning him."

Then Come Back To Me comes in and she begs for forgiveness, and for right now, that's the end of the story. Hikki seems to be turning out quite a concept album here. Or maybe it's just me. I can't wait to hear the other songs to see if they're related too. I never thought that Hikki could be so deep. Either I'm drawing these connections myself, or just merely connecting the dots that she laid out for us, but either way, this is thought provoking stuff... At least, it is to me. :D

Another connection that might have happened "by accident". So far it seems like the tracks can be connected and tell the story of one girl's relationship(s) throughout life. So maybe all the track's sort of go through her relationship problems until she finds 'The One' - hence, 'This is The One'

haha it might be stretching it and I know that she got the title from someone just exclaiming it and she caught onto it, but if all the songs revolve around relationships then referencing to 'The One' also fits in to the whole theme of her album.

Yep, our Hikki can be deep, but there is definitely a strong relationship theme coming out of this one. The songs are really good so far, they're really growing on me. But the part in TMMB, "sex was so good" yeah... a little out there for me, but if Hikki's singing it it must mean somrthing. Ahhh, cant wait till the album comes out, this really is the one
Posted on: 2009/3/8 19:21
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
A&C was good. TMMB was just fine. I also heard the preview of Dirty Desire and Merry xmas... They're all good tracks. But I'm not so used to it. I felt strange listening to Hikki with new variety of music So far, A&C is what I love of all the new songs. I, somehow got tired of CBTM after listening to it several times. In Dirty Desire, I felt no touch of Hikki on the song. It sounded kinda Britney Spears? Lol. For me it's another sex oriented song of Hikki. >.<

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2009/3/8 20:05
  •  hrabbit
      hrabbit
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L ??/female/USA
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
I have to say that it was a bit of a shock to hear Utada using the word "sex" so directly.

My gosh I didn't notice that the first listen around... it is shocking to me too 0_0

Also... Apple and cinnamon sounds a lot better the more I listened to it ^^~♫ I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs!
Posted on: 2009/3/8 22:46
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
A&C was good. TMMB was just fine. I also heard the preview of Dirty Desire and Merry xmas... They're all good tracks. But I'm not so used to it. I felt strange listening to Hikki with new variety of music So far, A&C is what I love of all the new songs. I, somehow got tired of CBTM after listening to it several times. In Dirty Desire, I felt no touch of Hikki on the song. It sounded kinda Britney Spears? Lol. For me it's another sex oriented song of Hikki. >.<

i think i might like A&B better then CBTM even tho i only heard the preview of A&B, but melody was great and the lyrics was catchy i want to hear the whole track so bad!!!

been listening to this song for hours none stop
Posted on: 2009/3/8 23:08
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Man it never occurred to me that an artist could use an ENTIRE album to tell a story of themselves or a made up character. The connections that were made between A&C, Taking my money back, dirty desire, come back to me seem to connect really well. Now that i think of it, so does me muero, since it means i die in spanish. With it being the last track on the album, it seems to fit as it would be the end of the story for the girl she may be trying to tell... if it's not actually her..
Posted on: 2009/3/8 23:25
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
very well said josh =)

she is just a brilliant artist/songwriter <333

we love u utada hikaru, ur music tells us alot about u and wats goin on in ur life and its relates to our life as well =)

keep up the fantastic work
Posted on: 2009/3/8 23:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>