<1234
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Re: Apple and Cinnamon + Taking My Money Back Previews
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
well, Pink Floyd does exactly this. Tells a story about someone through the whole album. They are legends, and if Hikki goes the same way I guess she'll turn into one too sooner or later. :)
Posted on: 2009/3/9 8:35
  •  Sylfi
      Sylfi
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/Male/Cali
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Man it never occurred to me that an artist could use an ENTIRE album to tell a story of themselves or a made up character. The connections that were made between A&C, Taking my money back, dirty desire, come back to me seem to connect really well. Now that i think of it, so does me muero, since it means i die in spanish. With it being the last track on the album, it seems to fit as it would be the end of the story for the girl she may be trying to tell... if it's not actually her..

Well, I don't think that the "character," if there even is one, is her. She already explored that territory in Exodus with a lot of those songs kinda detailing her relationship with Kiriya and also revealing her own character. But, I think that this album would be so awesome if it was a concept album, and the title was referencing relationships.
Posted on: 2009/3/9 15:38
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Man it never occurred to me that an artist could use an ENTIRE album to tell a story of themselves or a made up character.

It has been done before, literally using an entire album to tell a story about an fictional character. The best example is the Who's famous rock opera, "Tommy". As for the direct sexual references, it doesn't bother me. Sex is part of our nature after all. And like Aijin, i'm also yearning to hear the rest of Apples & Cinnamon. It does sound interesting in the preview.
Posted on: 2009/3/9 15:56
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
They are legends, and if Hikki goes the same way I guess she'll turn into one too sooner or later. :)

Dude, she IS already a legend.... in Japan anyways, but a legend's a legend...
Posted on: 2009/3/10 3:41
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
Quote:

Hikki101 wrote:
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
They are legends, and if Hikki goes the same way I guess she'll turn into one too sooner or later. :)

Dude, she IS already a legend.... in Japan anyways, but a legend's a legend...

Well yeah, I just ment that a legend by the same caliber as Led Zeppelin and Queen. Or Metallica, Beatles, Pink Floyd. I mean, these bands are huge, because they've helped to bring their genre to something huge all over the world. I know that many listen to Hikki, but it's not like she's seen as the "queen of pop" or w/e.

Of course. she's still a great artist, and she's the only one I can really listen to from the modern music/music that is played today.
Posted on: 2009/3/10 10:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234