<123456...33>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Re: Utada@Sephora NEWYORK [March 25]
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Thanks, that's helpful. I've never been to that Sephora before so at least now I will know what I am looking for :]
Posted on: 2009/3/14 11:58
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
For your information, I went to the actual shop today and the the cashier said there is no need to sign up for anything to attend Utada's listening party....just need to show up that day! YAY!
Posted on: 2009/3/14 16:29
  •  Eternityluv
      Eternityluv
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
hey guys i have a question for the new yorkers here...is there any valet parking around there or close by to that store? Cuz i'm from Philly and i'm planning to drive up there. Btw, does anyone interestin in meetin up there to form a group represent utadanet hihi?
Posted on: 2009/3/14 16:54
  •  Mahalania
      Mahalania
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/F/NY
Parking isn't too crazy after 5pm its just alot of traffic on the road (rush hour going home never ends) which is why most use trains but our train system if you don't know it you can end up in a whole different borough lol.

I'd say if you can't find a park on the street you can try

Central Parking
46st between Ave of the Americas and 5th Ave

It's maybe 2-3blocks away from Sephora-maybe less. Valet parking is a bit overpriced. The area in which it is in is a somewhat busy area so there might be more valet parking places i only know of that one when I got to TGI Fridays wooo

If you can try finding a good park on the street don't worry car wont get stolen and a few walking blocks wont hurt anyone!
Posted on: 2009/3/14 17:37
  •  WeFightTheBlues
      WeFightTheBlues
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
So I'm a long time lurker here but I finally decided to register after I heard about the Sephora event! I'm really excited, my friend and I are going to skip class to go. We live in CT and we're about an hour away from the nearest train station (about 2 hours away from NYC by train from there). I was just curious how early everyone was planning to show up? I'm just really excited and I don't want to miss the chance and all (like many of you!) it'd be so great if we could all meet her!
Posted on: 2009/3/14 21:13
  •  geneticboi
      geneticboi
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/M/USA
Quote:

WeFightTheBlues wrote:
So I'm a long time lurker here but I finally decided to register after I heard about the Sephora event! I'm really excited, my friend and I are going to skip class to go. We live in CT and we're about an hour away from the nearest train station (about 2 hours away from NYC by train from there). I was just curious how early everyone was planning to show up? I'm just really excited and I don't want to miss the chance and all (like many of you!) it'd be so great if we could all meet her!

welcome to the forum! yesss, it's so exciting because Sephora said is this OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. and I think this is the BEST time to go see Hikki before she blows up in US, you know???

AND i sorta secretly hope there isn't a lot of people, so us fans could have an intimate 1 on 1 with Hikki!!! hahaha... imagine how beyond amazing it would be if we all could invite Hikki out to later dinner in Korea town or something? omgosh. but it's ok, I would be so grateful to just even meet Hikki!

my flight to NYC lands Tuesday night, so I will spend all day on Wednesday in the city and then get ready to ride the train over to 5th Avenue around 4:30, then just browse around Sephora and the shops nearby until probably 5:30 or when I see you guys start lining up. :D
Posted on: 2009/3/14 21:33
  •  geneticboi
      geneticboi
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/M/USA
Quote:

seraphim wrote:
Wow what dedication GeneticBoi! Flying all the way to NY. I love your artwork as well...and your artistic style! The silk screening looked FUN. I wish I could do that with my school projects (I used to put hikki in all of my highschool art but it gets harder in university design school...it's not as "artsy")

I'm incredibly envious of all of you...if I still lived in Ontario I would so go to NY just to see Utada.

all thank youu! gosh I wish you could come too, it would feel like a big family you know? and Hikki will be happy to see us as well!!!

where do you live now?!
Posted on: 2009/3/14 21:39
  •  WeFightTheBlues
      WeFightTheBlues
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah this is all on a whim for me. And I still don't know if it's going to work out. Just because I'm so far away and my friend who's driving wouldn't be able to get me back to my dorm (30 mins from her house) so there's still a lot of planning to be done! But I'm sure it'll work out! It's really funny because I was just in the city this past Sunday to see the wonder girls! Your print making was beautiful btw! That's such great dedication! I'm with you about the fan thing though. I'm secretly hoping its small too! It'd be great to get one on one time (and maybe get back earlier too. it's gonna hurt getting back around midnight and going to class the next morning lol) Does anyone have any ideas for a hikki gift from the UN members? I know a lot of forums put together member videos so that those who can't go can be included too. I'm planning on making a large poster myself (I'm kinda a photoshop addict lol) to maybe get autographed (If we're that lucky!) We should find something that we can all wear to identify us too. Maybe make t-shirts?
Posted on: 2009/3/14 21:41
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Quote:

geneticboi wrote:

all thank youu! gosh I wish you could come too, it would feel like a big family you know? and Hikki will be happy to see us as well!!!

where do you live now?!

Too far away~ On the west coast several states north (in Canada...haha) If there wasn't school I would consider a five day road trip down to LA...haha
Posted on: 2009/3/14 22:47
  •  Mahalania
      Mahalania
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/F/NY
Quote:

geneticboi wrote:

AND i sorta secretly hope there isn't a lot of people, so us fans could have an intimate 1 on 1 with Hikki!!! hahaha... imagine how beyond amazing it would be if we all could invite Hikki out to later dinner in Korea town or something? omgosh. but it's ok, I would be so grateful to just even meet Hikki!

I keep wishing for rain to wash away the none-hardcore fans!! I'm just greedy >_<

Lol I also thought about inviting Hikki to K-town to do Karaoke at Maru on 32nd st with the members of UN lol. I plan to be in the city by 4 get something to eat and then shop around in the area
Posted on: 2009/3/15 9:01
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...33>