Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/M/IN
Oricon's "This Is The One" Review

http://contents.oricon.co.jp/news/music/63976/
Posted on: 2009/3/14 14:42
Re: Oricons "This Is The One" Review
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
I think its an interview too because Utada has some quotes in there. Not sure though...I forgot all my Japanese :(
Posted on: 2009/3/14 16:58
  •  simplenclean88
      simplenclean88
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 17/Male/NY
Here's a direct translation (with some Japanese translation too):
Quote:
If you write this article, incidentally, always on the desk of the CD boom box (古っ!) Are listening in from the J-WAVE, Utada's new album This is The One (released on March 14) from Reed song, "Come Back To Me" has been the trend.

印象的なコーラスと共に、Utadaのちょっとハスキー気味の高い声が、耳なじみのいいメロディを歌っている。 With an impressive chorus, Utada is rather high voice a little hoarse, but I sing a familiar melody ear. FMを、ボリュームを絞って流していることもあり、「Come Back~」のメロディが流れてきた瞬間、耳を気持ち大きくしても、そうしてでもキャッチしなければ??そう思った。 FM, in focusing on the flow volume, "Come Back ~" The moment the flow of the melody, the ear feels even bigger, but then will have to catch ... ... I thought so.

Utadaは、2004年アルバム『EXODUS』を引っさげ、英語圏マーケットへ打って出たが、決して満足できる結果ではなかった。 Utada, 2004, the exodus,引SSAGE album,打TTE出TA to the English-speaking market, the result was never satisfactory. 当時のことを本人は「『EXODUS』での私はすごく自信が欠落していた。力み過ぎていて、自然じゃなかった。でも『This is The One』では熟成していて、より自由で、かつ澱みなく湧き出る自信がある」と語っている。 At the time that the person "in the exodus, I was missing a lot of confidence.力MI I too, was not natural. This is The One, it's not mature, free,澱MI and have confidence that come from without, "he said.

作詞・作曲を手がけ、シンガーかつプロデューサーでもある彼女の言葉だけに、納得せざるを得ない。 Working on songwriting, but also the words of her producer and singer, have to convince. 当時の自分の精神状態、モチベーションを、今俯瞰で、しかも冷静に見ることができている彼女が作ったニューアルバムこそ、本来の自分の姿を色濃く投影でき、実力も発揮できたということだろう。 His mental state at the time, the motivation, the survey, the new album that she made it cool to be able to see it, and projected a strong image of oneself, would that we were able to demonstrate his skills . だからこそ、Utadaとしてのデビュー作は、この『This is The One』と考えた方がいいのかもしれない。 Therefore, Utada's debut film as this, This is The One, I thought maybe I should.

今回の作品は、今、最もその音が世界中から受け入れらているサウンドメーカー達がプロデューサーとして参加している。 This works, but as a producer and sound makers that we received from around the world and the best sound. スターゲイト( Ne-Yo 、 リアーナ 、 ビヨンセ )と、トリッキー・スチュワート( ブリトニー・スピアーズ 、 マドンナ 、 マライア・キャリー )だ。 SUTAGEITO (Ne-Yo, RIANA, Beyonce), Stewart tricky (Tony Spears Britney, Madonna, Mariah Carey). 「分りやすくて、それでいて安っぽくない音楽を作りたかった―――つまり低俗だったりバカげたものではなく、それでいて幅広い層の聴き手にアピールする音楽を」目指したとUtadaは語っている。 "分RI help, wanted to create a music 安PPOKUNAI BAKAGETA or not yet --- DAっstinkeroo that is, the music appeal to a wide range of listeners yet," said Utada tried.

?思わず耳を奪われてしまうかっこいいサウンドと、いいメロディと?―――当たり前のことと思うかもしれないし、文字にすれば非常にシンプルなことだが、アーティストは永遠にこれを追及しているのだ。 "Sounds cool and it caught the ear of oneself, and a good melody," --- and it may seem obvious that, although it is very simple if the characters, the artists are pursuing this forever . 個人的に今回の作品はメロディがすごく?立っている?気がする。 Personally, this work is very melodic "standing" to my mind. とにかく耳に残る。 I still hear.

もちろん胸に残る歌詞、言葉も不可欠だ。 Of course, the lyrics remain in the breast, it is essential to say. 楽曲に深みを加えるのは歌詞だ。 Add depth to the song's lyrics. 英語圏のユーザーは、当然Utadaの歌詞にも注目するだろう。 English-speaking users, the course will pay attention to lyrics Utada.

日本人アーティストの海外進出で必ず大きな壁になるのが、言葉の問題だ。 Make sure you have a big wall in the overseas Japanese artists, the question of language. でもご存知の通り、それも彼女には全く関係ない。 As you know, but it has nothing to do with her.

「私は多面性を備えた音楽を作るのが好き」と言っているように、どの角度からも彼女の世界に入ってくることができる音楽を作り上げた。 "I love to make music with many faces" as he says, created the music can come out of her world from any angle. それが前出の彼女の言葉、「つまり低俗だったり~幅広い層の聴き手にアピールする音楽を」という部分につながる。 Her words of that earlier, "Some cheesy music that is to appeal to a broad range of listeners" in the lead. サウンド、コトバ、メロディにもこだわりにこだわって、どれもサイコーに自信を持てるものができたのだろう。 Sounds, words, stick to stick to the melody, we would be able to have any confidence in SAIKO.

日本のマーケットでは、英語詞を完璧に理解できるユーザーは残念ながらまだまだ少ない。 In the Japanese market, the user can perfectly understand the English phrase is unfortunately still low. だからこそファーストインパクトは、?思わず耳を奪われてしまうかっこいいサウンドと、いいメロディ?が全てではないだろうか。 That is why the first impact, "and the cool sound that caught the ear of oneself, a good melody," I think in all.

例えば何気なく聴いている、ボリュームを落としたラジオから流れてきた瞬間、リスナーの心をキャッチしてしまうような??。 Are you listening casually, for example, the moment he dropped the volume of the radio, as it caught the hearts of listeners.
Posted on: 2009/3/14 18:08
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
omg i love ur avatar seraphiam >_<

and kewl interview
Posted on: 2009/3/17 0:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic