12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Do you still like Hikki? If so, why?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
I have heard lots of people dissapointed in Hikki, and some that have given up on her becuase of her current work. So I'm wondering, do you guys still like Hikki even though some of you didnt like This Is The One. Personally, I love the album, and I love her more than ever. And why do I like her? Well she's the whole package, look, sound, talent, she has it all. Well,I just wanted to hear you guys' thoughts on it.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 5:39
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Do you still like Hikki? If so, why?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Hikki101 wrote:
I have heard lots of people dissapointed in Hikki, and some that have given up on her becuase of her current work. So I'm wondering, do you guys still like Hikki even though some of you didnt like This Is The One. Personally, I love the album, and I love her more than ever. And why do I like her? Well she's the whole package, look, sound, talent, she has it all. Well,I just wanted to hear you guys' thoughts on it.

TITO is 1 of 8 albums.and 6/8 of the albums I loved(I just don't like distance all that much. Only a couple of songs).I'm not gonna let 5 yrs of my life go just because of one disagree ya know?
Posted on: 2009/3/18 5:59
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I'm really glad that I'm not disappointed of the album at all I love her music and I don't any problems with her trying out new stuff... The diversity is what makes her interesting imo
I guess I'll always love her music as long as she doesn't switch to heavy metal music or folk music lol (which is pretty unlikely, eh? haha)
Posted on: 2009/3/18 6:02
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
I'm really glad that I'm not disappointed of the album at all I love her music and I don't any problems with her trying out new stuff... The diversity is what makes her interesting imo
I guess I'll always love her music as long as she doesn't switch to heavy metal music or folk music lol (which is pretty unlikely, eh? haha)

lol! Im with ya there! But answer why you like her people!
Posted on: 2009/3/18 6:05
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Why we like her? Isn't that obvious? lol
First of all, her voice is simply wonderful, very few artists have such a nice voice imo.....
Her songs are unique (i think even TITO haters will have to admit that MCML - FYI sounds hikki-esque and singular ) and the melodies and lyrics inspire me
I also like her for her character... even though she can be a little crazy and clumsy sometimes I think that she's a humble and nice (cute,funny,... ) person... Well, this is my opinion about her
Posted on: 2009/3/18 6:17
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Yeah, I agree with a lot of things other people said. I personally love her new album, I loved Exodus, loved Heart Station(just putting that out there cause I know there was some people who didn't like it, not sure why..) Anyway, I love pretty much anything she does, because even though its "mainstream" or more experimental its still the same hikki. Its still her clever and creative lyrics, her unique melodies, and her beautiful voice.
Not to mention I love her for everything she is as a person too. Shes very intelligent, funny, cute, and humble.
She gets me through the day, basically. :]

Well, thats why I still like her : D
Posted on: 2009/3/18 7:02
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
I see Utada as a mad scientist of sorts.There are those songs that she feels like no one will quite understand due to how self-expressive it is.It comes out simply like thoughts wrote down overtime.I like that in an artist.I find it engaging that you can share self observation as an art then open up someone else eyes to a factor in their own lives that is similar to what you just shared.There is a saying that "A good song is one that makes you do something"(not just think -_-),Utada's music makes me want to understand people.WINGS pushed me to chase after a crush of mine's.Deep River made me realize there is no wrong to display affection.Fight the Blues made me want to be more considerate to the emotional strive of those that are close to me.Letters has constructed my inability to let problems get in the way of communicating with whom I'm compassionate for.Sometimes it's nice to know that you aren't the only person that thinks the way you do.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 7:24
  •  ssigman
      ssigman
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I still adore Hikki even though I HATE this album. I love her stuff from Deep River to Heart Station (I have to be in the right mood to listen to Distance or First love).

Why? Because she's an amazing musician, she MAKES all of her OWN music (except for this one?) and she's not some prissy pop star. She seems like a real person when she does interviews and things, she doesn't act like she's something special just because she's super famous. And, you'll probably never see her on the cover of some fashion magazine, which I love. Why do pop artists have to have "fashion sense?" She's a real person.

Not to mention she has an amazing voice ^^
Posted on: 2009/3/18 8:37
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
I still like her, it would be childish to stop liking someone just because one "mistake" (now remember: I'm talking about generally, not TITO.). I mean, I still listen to her new music even though I aint much fond of for example Ultra Blue. So why stop now...

The reason: She has a great personality and give me the kind of music I want to hear.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 8:40
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
if i don't like hikki, then why the hell am i here?=p

who gets to hate hikaru? she's really humble, she doesn't rub to other people's faces that she's on the top ten richest people in japan, she's really good (i mean REALLY good!), she's very intellectual, smart, sometimes a bit clumsy and alcoholic? but those things are what we loved most about her...

she's not a diva, definitely not a (censored) or whatever, she's not a primma donna and so on and so forth...

i love all her albums, even though it's really impossible for me to have all her cd's....i like this is the one, not only because it's made by hikki but it's really honest and good, btw, the genre i usually listen to is alternative light rock...

many really disagree about the lyrics but let me remind you that not all of her ideas came through her personal experience...it may come from a friend of her, a scene she witnessed while walking on the streets of nyc or something she saw on tv or read on a book...she just use these ideas to come up with a good song...so if the lyrics of taking my money back or dirty desire disturbs you, just think that maybe a friend of her tells her that she's having desires to this man and then hikki uses this idea to come up with the song...

man, sorry for the long post..
Posted on: 2009/3/18 9:02
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12345>