General Utada Discussion
  Do you still like Hikki? If so, why?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Re: Do you still like Hikki? If so, why?
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
she is the first singer who opened my eyes to j-pop
and away from the forums doesnt mean i dont support her
okie darlings?
i just realised, so many newbies
really need to mingle with u guys soon
Posted on: 2009/3/18 9:22
  •  Avenger_Seraphim
      Avenger_Seraphim
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/Male/Greece
Of course i still like Utada Hikaru :3
Her voice is awesome and her lyrics magical! (especially in her japanese songs)!

This is the one didnt disappoint me, i like it so far and i still listen the songs ;)I cant wait for her new japanese single song :3

I can feel you breathe...
Posted on: 2009/3/18 10:41
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Quote:

ssigman wrote:
Why? Because she's an amazing musician, she MAKES all of her OWN music (except for this one?)

I'm pretty sure TITO is still pretty much all her. While other people were helping produce, (most of at least)the melodies are still hers, as are the lyrics... Im pretty sure she had most of the control of this album, while she had a bit less with Exodus.

(Please correct me if Im wrong)

@wholesome: Yes, exactly(about the lyrics) I think she even said once that if all her songs came from her experiences, they'd all start being the same.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 11:43
  •  DarkFenrir
      DarkFenrir
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I don't I could ever stop loving Hikki. She is one of the best artist in the music industry, her music inspires me and makes me feel things I don't usually feel. Plus she is not like one of these stuck up no talent starlets that populate the charts today.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 12:06
  •  Sephiroth_760
      Sephiroth_760
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/male/germany
sure I like her :D

but there's one thing that I don't like

she is not making any wonderful jpop anymore, like she used to sing

the new songs are all just too much rnb

I wished she could do more stuff like "Deep River", "First Love", "Sakura Drops", "Distance", "Be My Last" ...

just not that rnb thing -.-'^^
Posted on: 2009/3/18 14:35
  •  thisone
      thisone
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
this is funny because I actually started learning about her and listened more of her RnB type songs like Simple and Clean First love. But I do tend to like her more experimental music.
I really liked deep river. colors, sakura drops, traveling, be my last basically most of her singles. but my all time favorite is dareka.
I don't hate her because of trying something new but I do tend to appreciate her more experimental music but as she said she's getting tired of that. But there is something nice about those songs aside from the more deeper lyrics like exodus but also the beats are nice.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 14:57
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Yah i like hikki. I like her simply because of the kind of person she is and what kind of musician she is. Her style of art that is amplified by the lyrics and the sound that she produces in her music.

Her Jpop songs are awesome as well as some of her english songs too. Great artist.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 14:59
  •  KeepTryin87
      KeepTryin87
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 22/F/Atlanta, GA USA
I love Hikki and I don't ever imagine a time when I will stop liking her. I may be different than alot of the people on here because I have only been a fan for about a year (perhaps a little less) and I have listened to her music during this stage of my life. Her music really speaks to me...and I honestly think her music gets better as time goes on. I know many of you don't like her new album, I respect that, but I really really love the new cd. It shows a different side of her and I honestly can't stop listening to it. I love Hikki because she has a wonderful talent, great range of styles, she is very humble despite being a mega star, and I can relate to her on many levels as a person. I haven't been on this forum as much as I used to because of lots of schoolwork...but I think I love her more than the first time I heard her. I feel that if I saw her on the street, I could talk to her like she is one of my friends. I mean I like her japanese stuff the best...but I will always love her no matter what.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 16:57
  •  ssigman
      ssigman
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

Sephiroth_760 wrote:
sure I like her :D

but there's one thing that I don't like

she is not making any wonderful jpop anymore, like she used to sing

the new songs are all just too much rnb

I wished she could do more stuff like "Deep River", "First Love", "Sakura Drops", "Distance", "Be My Last" ...

just not that rnb thing -.-'^^

This is how I feel. I don't like RnB anyway, from any country. But her stuff since Deep River is amazing. I feel like it's gone down with TITO, but maybe her japanese stuff will still continue to be awesome.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 17:04
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

ssigman wrote:
I still adore Hikki even though I HATE this album. I love her stuff from Deep River to Heart Station (I have to be in the right mood to listen to Distance or First love).

Why? Because she's an amazing musician, she MAKES all of her OWN music (except for this one?) and she's not some prissy pop star. She seems like a real person when she does interviews and things, she doesn't act like she's something special just because she's super famous. And, you'll probably never see her on the cover of some fashion magazine, which I love. Why do pop artists have to have "fashion sense?" She's a real person.

Not to mention she has an amazing voice ^^

Yeah it's hard for me to listen to First Love too.B&C and In My Room always make me say "Ah,what the hell,I'll listen to the whole album today.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 18:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>