General Utada Discussion
  Do you still like Hikki? If so, why?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Do you still like Hikki? If so, why?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

thisone wrote:
this is funny because I actually started learning about her and listened more of her RnB type songs like Simple and Clean First love. But I do tend to like her more experimental music.
I really liked deep river. colors, sakura drops, traveling, be my last basically most of her singles. but my all time favorite is dareka.
I don't hate her because of trying something new but I do tend to appreciate her more experimental music but as she said she's getting tired of that. But there is something nice about those songs aside from the more deeper lyrics like exodus but also the beats are nice.

Simple and Clean and 1st Love are ballads...I feel they are more pop influenced than R&B.Like 70s' Pop!
Posted on: 2009/3/18 18:13
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

ssigman wrote:
Quote:

Sephiroth_760 wrote:
sure I like her :D

but there's one thing that I don't like

she is not making any wonderful jpop anymore, like she used to sing

the new songs are all just too much rnb

I wished she could do more stuff like "Deep River", "First Love", "Sakura Drops", "Distance", "Be My Last" ...

just not that rnb thing -.-'^^

This is how I feel. I don't like RnB anyway, from any country. But her stuff since Deep River is amazing. I feel like it's gone down with TITO, but maybe her japanese stuff will still continue to be awesome.

Ultra Blue and Heart Station were R&B???
Posted on: 2009/3/18 18:45
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
i still support her very much...my love and support for otsuka ai has grown further up recently but i do listen to hikki's works on occasion...im just waiting for her japanese works to come back out...majority of you know already about me that im not an avid follower to her english stuff...and im not too anxoius for her new album either...but that doesnt mean that dont like her...id just wish that she'd stick to japanese more instead..
Posted on: 2009/3/18 19:25
  •  Sylfi
      Sylfi
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/Male/Cali
Actually, I've always loved Hikki. She's my favorite artist. I've only known about her for about two years, but she's found a way to my heart. She just has this powerful voice and down to earth personality. Actually, the first album of hers I ever listened to was Exodus, and I absolutely loved it and it's still my favorite of hers! (Kremlin Dusk and Hotel Lobby FTW!!)

I'm more of an electronic Hikki-lover, but I do like her R&B stuff, too. If anyone on here doesn't like Hikki anymore, then they are on the wrong website. I also love This Is The One, and I don't get why people are hating on it. She just decided to do a mainstream album to break into the market, and also because she "wanted to do a good pop album" in her words. Sure, it's not as good as some of her other works, but there are some genuinely good songs on there and they are pure Utada.
Posted on: 2009/3/18 23:46
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
OF COURSE!!!! OMG! she is the Best Singer of the Universe, the reason why i love her so much? wow i don't know where to start, it all started when i fisrt listen to her song playing KH, simple and clean then bam! (but i perver Hikari better the S&C) instant love, with a flaming passion!!xD type of her name up and did some research on her, listening to more of her songs, and omg, her voice/lyrics/beauty/everything! and top of that, she is just another normal person trying to live a normal life, even tho she is not, she's a freakin legend!!!! xD she is just the best thing ever happen to me, she is my idle, she is my everything! i love her to Death! i would of Buy all of her albums if i can't but my parents don't believe in online shopping so i can't..... i guess one day i have to go to japan myself and go to one of her live concert and buy all of her albums/singles!!!
Posted on: 2009/3/19 1:22
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
i would of Buy all of her albums if i can't but my parents don't believe in online shopping so i can't..... i guess one day i have to go to japan myself and go to one of her live concert and buy all of her albums/singles!!!

I get where you come from, man... My parents do the same thing to me! But Luckily I go to Japan a quite often, so yeah...
Posted on: 2009/3/19 4:37
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

i would of Buy all of her albums if i can't but my parents don't believe in online shopping so i can't..... i guess one day i have to go to japan myself and go to one of her live concert and buy all of her albums/singles!!!

I get where you come from, man... My parents do the same thing to me! But Luckily I go to Japan quite often, so yeah...
Posted on: 2009/3/19 4:37
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Hikki101 wrote:
Quote:

I get where you come from, man... My parents do the same thing to me! But Luckily I go to Japan a quite often, so yeah...

well whos the lucky one......
Posted on: 2009/3/20 1:16
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Her music, its very simple question
Posted on: 2009/3/20 2:25
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
lol, hey, dont be sad...one day...u'll buy all her albums man
Posted on: 2009/3/20 2:28
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>