<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  thisone
      thisone
Re: lyric analysis?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
wow! that was a great analysis of kremlin dusk so it's about loneliness love and loving someone of the same gender? or what not?
Posted on: 2009/3/28 10:20
  •  geneticboi
      geneticboi
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/M/USA
Quote:

thisone wrote:
wow! that was a great analysis of kremlin dusk so it's about loneliness love and loving someone of the same gender? or what not?

thanks! and yes, those are the general ideas. and you know how Hikki always says she relates better to music done by men instead of women, as well as in the song "BLUE" she sings she is a woman but her favorite color is blue, which is usually a man color.

just in general, why do we have to fit with the natural conception. this world is pulling us in all opposite directions everyday.

anyway, I was fortunate to have read The Raven from high school... that's why when I heard Kremlin Dusk, it gave me chills because it's so moving. One of my favorites ever.
Posted on: 2009/3/30 12:48
Administrator
A/S/L
This is an awesome thread ... great insights on the lyrics everyone ...
Quote:

Nao wrote:
I think the lyrics for This One are beautiful and that the meaning seems pretty obvious to me from the lyrics...

It seems to be a love song from the POV of a fan who's had some kind of relationship with a pop star, and now that it's over she doesn't know how to let go.

It's just another friday night
For you and your accessories (lights)
And there you are before my eyes
Two hours and for fifteen minutes you are here
I don't wanna scream lest I should tear
A whisper in the darkness disappears
Sincerely

Don't you think that this is sung from a live concert, and that Hikki is in the crowd watching her former lover on stage?

You got me crying like a child
And the crowd is going wild
This one, this is the one
Come on now give it up...

It seems to me like her former lover is singing a song written for Hikki during their relationship, and that the crowd love it, he's singing it like it no longer has any meaning it's just one of his hits, but as Hikki sits in the audience her heart is breaking.

What does everyone think?

I was also thinking about this song as well and meaning behind the lyrics...
For me, it reminds me about one of her recent radio interviews where she talks about how she has some overly obsessed fans, who even think that they are married together and stuff...
... so what if this song was in the perspective of a fan obsessed with a musician, echoing her own fans
like in this lyric:
"today i miss you more than ever /
how could you say you dont remember"
Posted on: 2009/4/1 3:34
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
anyone bother to translate FYI to me?
Posted on: 2009/4/3 17:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic