Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Other Music
  Favorite Genres/Artists/Bands (Besides Hikki)?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Gokie
      Gokie
Favorite Genres/Artists/Bands (Besides Hikki)?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Let's see...

Chinese Pop:
王菲 (Faye Wong), 梁咏琪(Gigi Leung), 梁静茹 (Jasmine Leung), 孙燕资 (Stefanie Sun), 許茹芸 (Valen Hsu), 周华健 (Emil Chau), 张宇 (Phil Cheung).

Japanese Pop:
坂本真綾 (Maaya Sakamoto), 倉木麻衣 (Mai Kuraki), 松たか子 (Matsu Takako), Every Little Thing, See-Saw.

Mainstream:
Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Green Day (of old days), The Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox Twenty, Weezer, Eve 6, Will Smith, The Beatles, Sarah McLachlan, Shania Twain, C?line Dion, Dido.

Others:
Just about everything by 梶浦由記 (Yuki Kajiura) of .hack//SIGN, .hack//Liminality, Noir, etc fame, several works by 菅野よう子 (Yoko Kanno), especially the soundtrack from Vision of Escaflowne, too many game soundtracks to list (FFVI, CC, Xenogears, FFVIII, and CT top the list though), and while I can't really name many classical pieces as "favorites", I do appreciate that genre of music. Exceptions that I can say are favorites include Suite No. 3 - Air On A G String by Bach, Concerto In E Major RV269 (Spring) by Vivaldi, and of course Symphony No. 9 in Di Minor Op. 125 by Beethoven.

Well, I'd say I have a pretty varied set of musical interests (hard not to if you're gonna have 60GB+ of digital music)...

What about y'all?

</stereotypical Texan>

~KS
Posted on: 2004/5/28 14:17
  •  Hikki-Rulz
      Hikki-Rulz
Re: Favorite Genres/Artists/Bands (Besides Hikki)?
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Chinese Pop:
Lee Hom

Japanese Pop:
hikki, BoA, Namie Amuro, Mika Nakashima, makiyo

Japanese Rock: L`Arc~en~Ciel, Dir en Grey, B'z, Kaggra, Gackt, Luna Sea, X-Japan, hide,miyavi

Korean Pop : BoA, Kangta, Min Woo

Mainstream:
i haven't been listening to english songs for the longest time

Others:
Final fantasy soundtracks by nobuo uematsu ( he's the man! great quality great sound! ) Classical music by vivaldi, chopin...... Jazz piano by duke ellignton, blues, classic rock such as led zeppelin, deep purple,.. heavy metal stuff such as megadeth,metallica

i guess that's about all....i do have lots more but i can't think of it now hehe
Posted on: 2004/5/28 21:49
  •  Conan
      Conan
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/UK
Chinese Music:
I only ever listen to Jay Chou and a bit of Faye Wong, in general chinese music kinda sucks

Japanese Music:
Hikki, Dir En Grey, Do As Infinity, Every Little Thing, and Luna Sea. I also listen to a bit of Mika Nakashima, L'arc, Janne Da Arc and Gackt from time to time

English Music
*breathes in* Dashboard Confessional, Lifehouse, Goo Goo Dolls, Mandy Moore, Matchbox 20, Thursday, New Found Glory, System of a Down, Damien Rice, Funeral For a Friend, Gemma Hayes, Placebo, Ash, Dido, Elbow, Feeder, Muse, The Corrs, Taking Back Sunday *breathes out*

Others:
I listen to a few game soundtracks such as Xenogears, and Shenmue etc.

I listen to all sorts really but those are the bands I've either bought or downloaded whole albums of
Posted on: 2004/5/29 4:42
  •  Elfangor
      Elfangor
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 18/M/SG
Chinese:

Liang Jing Ru | Fish Leong, or Jasmine Leong
Zhou Jie Lun | Jay Chow
Wu Yue Tian | Mayday
Wang Fei | Faye Wong
Sun Yan Zi | Stefanie Sun
Tao Ze | David Tao

Japanese:

Hikki, Do as infinity, Misa, Namie, Every Little Thing

English:

I listen at random. Likes most of the top favourtie songs, so listing all the band's names will be wasting my time.
Posted on: 2004/5/29 9:42
  •  _dhz
      _dhz
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17/F/Philipippnes
basically i love classic ballads and love songs but i have no idea whowere the artists who sang them o_O
Posted on: 2004/5/30 8:45
  •  Hikki
      Hikki
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I listen to:

Utada Hikaru, Bon Jovi, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, ABBA, Bee Gees, Jolin Tsai, Jay Chou, Namie Amuro etc...
Posted on: 2004/5/31 4:34
  •  maybe_certainly
      maybe_certainly
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/f/NY
I like a lot of JPop, but I don't listen to C/KPop. My favorite band is L'Arc~en~Ciel.

As for mainstream American music, well, I only listen to the radio in the morning, and all they do mostly is talk... I do like Linkin Park, though, and I have taken a liking to Outcast. Thats about it, though.

Posted on: 2004/5/31 5:20
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Mmmm

Chinese I only listen to Jay and a bit of A-Mei

Japanese...mainly Hikki and BoA...some ken hirai and kuraki mai

English...Mmmm...Switchfoot, MercyMe, United, Tim Hughes, David Crowder Band...if you're wondering who those are, they're Christian artists/bands...and that's what I've been listening to mainly lately
Posted on: 2004/6/3 22:00
  •  Conan
      Conan
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/UK
Switchfoot are slipping into the mainstream now, I liked a couple of their songs from the soundtrack of a movie "A Walk to Remember" which starred Mandy Moore.

Posted on: 2004/6/4 5:49
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Mmmhmm...my favourite song is 'Dare you to Move'...go figure that the Walk to Remember soundtrack was when I first heard of Switchfoot~
Posted on: 2004/6/5 12:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>