Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Other Music
  Your thoughts on Music Piracy, Buying Music, etc.

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  fanforeverFx2
      fanforeverFx2
Re: Your thoughts on Music Piracy, Buying Music, etc.
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
If people like the album than just buy it and spread the music around that way, so instead of piracy, show support for hikki and purchase the music legally DO THE RIGHT THING!!!
Posted on: 2009/3/23 22:54
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Personally, I do download albums but if I listen to it lots, then I go on iTunes and purchase it. If I don't listen to it much, I delete it anyways since I don't listen to it! haha so I think that system works out for all of us. I support the songs and artists that I actually enjoy and I don't keep and just 'preview' the other ones.

I can't stand protected and locked (DRM) songs like iTunes used to be though...so glad they switched to iTunes Plus cause I think it's stupid that they restrict and limit the people who are actually doing the legal thing.
Posted on: 2009/3/23 23:14
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
I approve of it.

If there's any musician that make music for the money, he/she does not deserve to get my money.

Of course musicians want to make music for at least some profit. The quality of songs on CD is always going to be superior than those on MP3 format. Yet not all of us have extra money to dish out or completely sure that such a CD is going to be a keeper. And speaking of CDs produced in Japan, they are frighteningly expensive according to the last time I checked.

Besides, artists make very little profit from their sales. Most of their profit comes from performances and such. You are supporting the record company more than the artist. And don't fret about getting caught, there is very little chance of actually getting sued.
Posted on: 2009/3/24 11:13
  •  fanforeverFx2
      fanforeverFx2
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
I approve of it.

If there's any musician that make music for the money, he/she does not deserve to get my money.

Of course musicians want to make music for at least some profit. The quality of songs on CD is always going to be superior than those on MP3 format. Yet not all of us have extra money to dish out or completely sure that such a CD is going to be a keeper. And speaking of CDs produced in Japan, they are frighteningly expensive according to the last time I checked.

Besides, artists make very little profit from their sales. Most of their profit comes from performances and such. You are supporting the record company more than the artist. And don't fret about getting caught, there is very little chance of actually getting sued.

only if people buy TITO will show a good amount of "demand" for her performances and touring around U.S. So my suggestion is to buy the album legally if people want her to tour and also show support. I don't know about you guys but I rather listen and enjoy hikki's music live on tours and buying her album will help do that I suppose.
Posted on: 2009/3/24 11:32
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
I approve of it.

^^^She is 100% correct.My last username wasn't Pirate king for nothing :D.I pirate a lot.But It simply because I don't have the money or the direct locale to buy most of the music.Would I love a physical BONNIE PINK and Number Girl discography?ABSOULUTELY.And I'd have one if I could find the stuff.I own every Utada CD,I made sure to that.Every BoA as well actually.Up to Outgrow.But they are very well know in the states by the ppl that look overseas for music so it's easier to get their stuff because it's actually of demand.
Posted on: 2009/3/24 12:17
  •  fanforeverFx2
      fanforeverFx2
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
I approve of it.

^^^She is 100% correct.My last username wasn't Pirate king for nothing :D.I pirate a lot.But It simply because I don't have the money or the direct locale to buy most of the music.Would I love a physical BONNIE PINK and Number Girl discography?ABSOULUTELY.And I'd have one if I could find the stuff.I own every Utada CD,I made sure to that.Every BoA as well actually.Up to Outgrow.But they are very well know in the states by the ppl that look overseas for music so it's easier to get their stuff because it's actually of demand.

I think it's not enough to get hikki touring the states if only the underground fans of her past work in U.S demands it so I believe her new album TITO should be the main reason she should tour because it means that their will be old and new fans loving her music. Piracy can certainly display demands for her but I think having a healthy balance of both piracy and genuinely buying will get her places.
Posted on: 2009/3/24 12:58
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
its kind of a 50-50 thing cuz even tho ppl do pirate albums and songs doesn't mean there not gonna by the album, and for some ppl piracy is the only way they can get to listen to the album cuz of the money crises been happning around the world, espically in america right now, look at our economy, is doing really bad, like me for instents, i'm having that sorta problem right now, but once i get money tho, u betcha i will be goin to little tokyo and straight up go to the music section and by TITO and walk out screaming at the top of my longs saying "OMG I CAN't BELIEVE I GOT THIS IS THE ONE ALBUM BY UTADA HIKARU!!!!!" XD

and btw even hikki say it herself on one of the interview saying that "if u can't afford the album then DL off the internet or something" she don't mind at all, tat why she is the best artist in the whole wide world!!!!
Posted on: 2009/3/24 13:55
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
and btw even hikki say it herself on one of the interview saying that "if u can't afford the album then DL off the internet or something" she don't mind at all, tat why she is the best artist in the whole wide world!!!!

Exactly, that's what I mean. She doesn't care if I buy her album or not, becuase all she wants is that I at least LISTEN to the album.

Quote:

Taiyo wrote:
Besides, artists make very little profit from their sales. Most of their profit comes from performances and such. You are supporting the record company more than the artist.

Yet another reason why not to buy the albums before you've heard it then. Downloading music is the easiest way to get big in the industry, because as already mentioned: Many ppl won't buy a random album.
Posted on: 2009/3/24 15:24
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
exactly ayu
Posted on: 2009/3/24 15:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12