<1...67891011>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  thisone
      thisone
Re: Utada on TV This Saturday March 28
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
her come back to me was better than the KTLA show though. But I agree she was kinda out of tune. Now I can't sing any better I'm not bragging. Maybe it has something to do with the song being so difficult. I know it was hard for sure. with the ups and downs in vocal range too r&b for her? pop songs like fyi are better fit for her voice? who knows.
Posted on: 2009/3/28 10:04
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

thisone wrote:
her come back to me was better than the KTLA show though. But I agree she was kinda out of tune. Now I can't sing any better I'm not bragging. Maybe it has something to do with the song being so difficult. I know it was hard for sure. with the ups and downs in vocal range too r&b for her? pop songs like fyi are better fit for her voice? who knows.

I would be interested to see how she fares on a show at some later time. After all, she's only been doing early morning performances. It shouldn't have a huge effect on her voice if she was resting well, but I don't think she's getting a lot of rest. She's running around in a jet (which inevitably leads to jetlag), she's been through the stress of meeting hundreds, if not thousands, of fans in just the past week, and she's been doing heavy promotion both on TV and radio. I'd like to see what would happen if she had a few days to just sleep and slow down, then get a later time-slot than she's been given thus far.
Either way, you're right, she definitely did way better under these circumstances than she did with KTLA, so she's improving. This time she went kind of nasally towards the end of CBTM, surprisingly. I don't think I've ever heard her do that before. But it was much, much better.

Shuri/Eli ♥
Posted on: 2009/3/28 10:14
  •  blitzfish
      blitzfish
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 18 Male Hartford, WI
she screwed up a bit again, but i think she could've done way better... come on Hikki!!!
Posted on: 2009/3/28 11:06
  •  KeepTryin87
      KeepTryin87
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 22/F/Atlanta, GA USA
CBTM must be a difficult song to sing, but I think she performed it much better than she did at KTLA. MCML-FYI was awesome!! :) She is probably really tired...flying from Miami to NYC! Hope she can get some sleep soon!
Posted on: 2009/3/28 11:59
  •  ItsDaveyJ
      ItsDaveyJ
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/m/ny
I thought that the performances were much much better than before. There is still room for improvement, but I think the more she sings these songs the better she will be able to sing them.

And also I am quite happy that she is trying to put Simple and Clean and Sanctuary on the album. That is a really nice throw back for us old fans.
Posted on: 2009/3/28 13:05
  •  danylicious
      danylicious
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 24/M/ Italy
I thought her voice was more strong, seems a bit insecure.
I'm a new fan then i don't know her old performance live, but i saw Utada United 2006.
Posted on: 2009/3/28 13:24
  •  STrying
      STrying
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20, F, Columbus OH
CBTM seems like a hard song to sing, at least the chorus, because it's you know...those high, monotone notes. "Baby come back to me,, I'll be everything you need", it's not a lot of melody, just more of the same high notes, so I think it's awkward for her to sing. She did say that she writes songs that are too hard for her though, lol, she's hard on herself.
Posted on: 2009/3/28 14:27
  •  Waterlover47
      Waterlover47
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
What TV station will she be on and what time.
Posted on: 2009/3/28 14:44
  •  KeepTryin87
      KeepTryin87
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 22/F/Atlanta, GA USA
Quote:

Waterlover47 wrote:
What TV station will she be on and what time.

She was on this morning (Saturday morning) on CBS but if you look up "utada hikaru cbs" on youtube you can find a recording of it!
Posted on: 2009/3/28 15:03
  •  STrying
      STrying
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20, F, Columbus OH
It's already over. She was on CBS Early show this morning.
Posted on: 2009/3/28 15:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...67891011>