<123
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  KeepTryin87
      KeepTryin87
Re: UTADAs new Japanese book reveals her view about the divorce
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 22/F/Atlanta, GA USA
I just got ten and sen in the mail today...the only problem is I don't know what the heck I am reading...haha...but the pics are great!! :) I Hikki!
Posted on: 2009/3/31 18:10
  •  poe_n_merry
      poe_n_merry
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Well, having read the Chinese article, and then comparing it to the original text in "Ten", I can't say I agree entirely with the newspaper's interpretation because it only mentioned a small part of what hikki said regarding her marriage & divorce.

(this is what she wrote in "Ten" regarding her marriage)

はじめにも書いたけど、アイデンティティーを探す、自分がどんな人間か具体的に知ろうとする、そんなのほとんどしたことが無い。インタビューで、私はいったいどういう人間なのか、自分のことをどう思っているのか、なんて聞かれると戸惑った。結婚すると、夫はインタビューアーのように私を追求し始めた。とても困った。「自分がどんな人間で、夫にどうしてほしいのかなんて、分からない...考えるのも質問するのも変な気がする...。結婚ってこういうことなのかなあ?」

彼は、それが人として重要なことだと、私を問いただした。それに答られない自分が、無責任でいいかげんな人間だと言われるようで、苦しかった。四年半の結婚生活の間、結局答えは出せなかった。

彼は真剣に私と向き合ってくれた最初の人だった。

...バツイチになってもうた。

(this is my loose translation)

As already mentioned in the introduction of the book, I've never really searched for my identity, nor tried to know concretely what kind of person I am. When I'm asked in interviews what kind of person I am in general, or how I think of myself, I'm at a loss. When I got married, my husband, like an interviewer, began to pursue (to know) me. I was troubled by it. "What kind of person am I? What do I want in my husband? I have no idea. It feels strange to think and ask about it. Is this what marriage is all about?"

For him, this (the pursuit of knowing oneself) is an important part of being a person, so he asked me these questions. And it was tough for me, not having any answers, and feeling as though I'm told that I'm being an irreponsible person. Ultimately in the four and a half years of marriage life, I couldn't come up with an answer.

He was the first person who faced/dealt with me earnestly and seriously.

...this was my first experience at divorce.

(final thoughts)

What she said in the book is pretty consistent with what she said in the Musica interview. Her husband wanted to help her find out who she was, but she didn't share the same sentiment. He thought it?s important for people to know their own identity; she didn't see that pursuit to be that vital. So perhaps these differences in perspectives ended their marriage.
Posted on: 2009/4/2 13:32
  •  judithspeaking
      judithspeaking
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
aha!! just as I suspected. Man, it really is annoying how articles like that twist things to an unnecessary degree. sheesh.

Thanks, poe_n_merry, for sharing the translation!!
Posted on: 2009/4/2 15:37
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

poe_n_merry wrote:
Well, having read the Chinese article, and then comparing it to the original text in "Ten", I can't say I agree entirely with the newspaper's interpretation because it only mentioned a small part of what hikki said regarding her marriage & divorce.

はじめにも書いたけど、アイデンティティーを探す、自分がどんな人間か具体的に知ろうとする、そんなのほとんどしたことが無い。インタビューで、私はいったいどういう人間なのか、自分のことをどう思っているのか、なんて聞かれると戸惑った。結婚すると、夫はインタビューアーのように私を追求し始めた。とても困った。「自分がどんな人間で、夫にどうしてほしいのかなんて、分からない...考えるのも質問するのも変な気がする...。結婚ってこういうことなのかなあ?」

彼は、それが人として重要なことだと、私を問いただした。それに答られない自分が、無責任でいいかげんな人間だと言われるようで、苦しかった。四年半の結婚生活の間、結局答えは出せなかった。

彼は真剣に私と向き合ってくれた最初の人だった。

...バツイチになってもうた。

As already mentioned in the introduction of the book, I've never really searched for my identity, nor tried to know concretely what kind of person I am. When I'm asked in interviews what kind of person I am in general, or how I thinks of myself, I'm at a loss. When I got married, My husband, like an interviewer, began to pursue (to know) me. I was troubled by it. "What kind of person am I? What do I want in my husband? I have no idea. It feels strange to think and ask about it. Is this what marriage is all about?"

For him, this (the pursuit of knowing oneself) is an important part of being a person, so he asked me these questions. And it was tough for me, not having any answers, and feeling as though I've told that I'm being an irreponsible person. Ultimately in the four and a half years of marriage life, I couldn't come up with an answer.

(final thoughts)

What she said in the book is pretty consistent with what she said in the Musica interview. Her husband wanted to help her find out who she was, but she didn't share the same sentiment. He thought it?s important for people to know their own identity; she didn't see that pursuit to be that vital. So perhaps these differences in perspectives ended their marriage.

oh ic.....

thx for the info man

i guess hikki-chan is still confused about herself...
Posted on: 2009/4/2 19:44
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Thanks poe_n_merry for the translation.
She did say a similar thing in Musica but I still find it hard to believe that this was the reason for their divorce.

I don't think they'll ever say why they really got divorced but I do have some theories.
Posted on: 2009/4/5 9:37
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
i think the reason behind why they got divorce, it is her own privacy, and since she told us this, i chose to believe what she said...
Posted on: 2009/4/5 11:53
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Many thanks for the deeper translation.

I'm glad that, as a 'young-adult' that I have come to know myself fully. I can say that, with some pride, I have known myself in full for many years.

Yet part of me can relate to Hikki; I don't quite know what I want out of life and where I fit in best in this world. In this way, too, I am lost.

Unfortunately, I'll have to hold off on getting this book. Not being able to read a spic of it is not something to be relished.
Posted on: 2009/4/5 15:06
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
Quote:

poe_n_merry wrote:

彼は真剣に私と向き合ってくれた最初の人だった。

...バツイチになってもうた。

As already mentioned in the introduction of the book, I've never really searched for my identity, nor tried to know concretely what kind of person I am. When I'm asked in interviews what kind of person I am in general, or how I thinks of myself, I'm at a loss. When I got married, My husband, like an interviewer, began to pursue (to know) me. I was troubled by it. "What kind of person am I? What do I want in my husband? I have no idea. It feels strange to think and ask about it. Is this what marriage is all about?"

For him, this (the pursuit of knowing oneself) is an important part of being a person, so he asked me these questions. And it was tough for me, not having any answers, and feeling as though I've told that I'm being an irreponsible person. Ultimately in the four and a half years of marriage life, I couldn't come up with an answer.

(final thoughts)

oh ic.....

thx for the info man

i guess hikki-chan is still confused about herself...

Yeah, well as long as she is doin` what she`s doin` im perfectly fine with it!
Posted on: 2009/4/5 18:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123