Poster Thread
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: hikki's official book ten
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Hikki101 wrote:
It looks rally good, i might buy it. (im goin' to Japan soon!) so yeah...I think i will buy it

take me with u!!!

i'm know alittle bit of japanese already plus i can read hiragana and some kanjis
Posted on: 2009/4/2 19:48
  •  poe_n_merry
      poe_n_merry
Re: hikkis official book ten
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

judithspeaking wrote:
I'm still a beginner in Japanese, but what better motivation to learn than to read about Hikki!

--------------------------------
Thanks, poe_n_merry, for posting those links! I never knew about club japan until now. Learned something new today.

you're welcome :)

Club Japan is run by Nippon-IPS, which is also "Ten" and "Sen"'s publishing company. So you'd be essentially buying the books directly from the publisher, bypassing another online retailer.

You can also choose different shipping methods; if you don't mind waiting a bit for the books to arrive, you can save on postage cost.

cheers!
Posted on: 2009/4/2 20:16
  •  judithspeaking
      judithspeaking
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

poe_n_merry wrote:
Quote:

judithspeaking wrote:
I'm still a beginner in Japanese, but what better motivation to learn than to read about Hikki!

--------------------------------
Thanks, poe_n_merry, for posting those links! I never knew about club japan until now. Learned something new today.

you're welcome :)

Club Japan is run by Nippon-IPS, which is also "Ten" and "Sen"'s publishing company. So you'd be essentially buying the books directly from the publisher, bypassing another online retailer.

You can also choose different shipping methods; if you don't mind waiting a bit for the books to arrive, you can save on postage cost.

cheers!

eh really, straight from the publishing company ay? Learned something new again!

I checked the website yesterday and was a little discouraged about the 1.8*price listed for buyers in America. It's totally expected I suppose, but still a little bit of a turn off.
Posted on: 2009/4/3 16:51
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/Male/Singapore
I think i could get it in kinokuniya bookstore...but the problem is...i can't read japanese yet T_T!
Any help?
If not i end up buying the book and enjoying the pic' only
(Though not bad too)
Posted on: 2009/4/3 17:09
  •  poe_n_merry
      poe_n_merry
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

judithspeaking wrote:

eh really, straight from the publishing company ay? Learned something new again!

I checked the website yesterday and was a little discouraged about the 1.8*price listed for buyers in America. It's totally expected I suppose, but still a little bit of a turn off.

yeah, it'd be great if you can avoid paying for postage whenever possible. unfortunately, the only online retailer that offers free shipping (that I know of) is Yesasia, given you spend at least $39US...and "Ten" is listed at $38.49US

despite the 1.8x shipping charge, Club Japan seems to be the cheapest retailer still. (Amazon Japan charges minimum 3000yen for all international orders, which is more than the book itself, and my local japanese bookstore routinely charges at least double the original book price. )

hopefully the info's going to help you decide whether you want to buy the book. if you ask me, it's definitely worth paying 1080yen in postage. =)
Posted on: 2009/4/3 21:33
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Damn I would love to have both these books but I can't read Japanese so I'm screwed!! And I will not buy anything off of YesAsia due to my having to put in my SSN in order to buy something. If anything could help me out with the purchasising of these items, that would be awsome.
Posted on: 2009/4/3 22:24
  •  grayzkule
      grayzkule
Re: hikki
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 21/M/MN
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
And I will not buy anything off of YesAsia due to my having to put in my SSN in order to buy something.

o_0

I buy stuff ALL the time from yesasia and have never put in my SSN. Make sure you're at the right site and not some identity theft site......

I bought Ten, Sen, Journey Through the Decade (Gackt), and Ghost (Gackt) all in one go and got free shipping!! Yay!!\

(however it totalled over $90.......)
Posted on: 2009/4/4 18:36
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I'm going to a Japanese bookstore near me tomorrow to see of they have "Ten". I do not know Japanese at all, but Ten comes with 200+ photos of Hikki, which is all I need LOL. Plus it gives me all the more reason to learn Japanese.
Posted on: 2009/4/4 18:51
  •  judithspeaking
      judithspeaking
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

poe_n_merry wrote:
Quote:

judithspeaking wrote:

yeah, it'd be great if you can avoid paying for postage whenever possible. unfortunately, the only online retailer that offers free shipping (that I know of) is Yesasia, given you spend at least $39US...and "Ten" is listed at $38.49US

despite the 1.8x shipping charge, Club Japan seems to be the cheapest retailer still. (Amazon Japan charges minimum 3000yen for all international orders, which is more than the book itself, and my local japanese bookstore routinely charges at least double the original book price. )

hopefully the info's going to help you decide whether you want to buy the book. if you ask me, it's definitely worth paying 1080yen in postage. =)

super helpful, thanks! I never knew about the 39 dollar rule, probably because I always buy less than that~
Although, if my calculations were correct, that little price multiplying factor is probably already included in the YesAsia price, except maybe a dollar or two cheaper comparing to what comes out from Club Japan.

Maybe a little bit more searching and I am buying! I definitely want "Ten," but am still unsure about "Sen."

Thanks again, poe_n_merry, for all the info!
Posted on: 2009/4/4 20:41
  •  KeepTryin87
      KeepTryin87
Re: hikki
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 22/F/Atlanta, GA USA
Quote:

grayzkule wrote:
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
And I will not buy anything off of YesAsia due to my having to put in my SSN in order to buy something.

o_0

I buy stuff ALL the time from yesasia and have never put in my SSN. Make sure you're at the right site and not some identity theft site......

I bought Ten, Sen, Journey Through the Decade (Gackt), and Ghost (Gackt) all in one go and got free shipping!! Yay!!\

(however it totalled over $90.......)

I never have needed to put my SSN on yesasia to buy something. Might want to check what site you are going to...I don't want someone to steal your identity or something like that.

I will have to remember about the free shipping from yesasia...I always end up spending around $100 on amazon.co.jp and definitely don't get free shipping..the only nice part is it comes really quickly. I am trying to cut down on my spending for j-pop, but it is really hard. I found this new service that will bid on items for you at japanese auctions like yahoo japan and been going really crazy on there.
Posted on: 2009/4/6 16:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12