12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LastOneSLeFt
      LastOneSLeFt
recommendations for asian music
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 14/male/vermont
Hi everyone. I just recently got into asian music and the only person that really stands out to me in the asian industry is Hikki :) So i was wondering could you guys tell me some more great asian artists. That would be great, thanks.
Posted on: 2005/8/28 13:46
  •  Conan
      Conan
Re: recommendations for asian music
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/UK
Depends what music you're into.

If you're into popular Japanese female pop singers then I suppose some people would chose Ayumi Hamasaki or Boa. However I'm not a major fan of their music but I do like the tracks Evolution and Free & Easy by Ayumi. As for Boa... I just watch the music videos....

Posted on: 2005/8/28 16:01
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Actually...

If you were looking for something along the lines of Hikaru...there's a GREAT song by Yoshika and m-flo that sounds remarkably like her XD

It's called "Let Go" I think... haha.
Posted on: 2005/8/28 22:33
  •  LastOneSLeFt
      LastOneSLeFt
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 14/male/vermont
ok, thanks for the suggestions guys. But yea, i guess i like Jpop (although i hate pop music in the states). I've heard some of m-flo, BoA, ayumi, and Do As Infinity, but thats about it. Sorry i live in Vermont, so thats why i don't that many asian artists. Thanks again.
Posted on: 2005/8/29 8:53
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
LOL I'm the same too, I really don't like Pop here in the US either. I just don't like it, but I'm a big time JPopper. I just love it and JRock. But yeah Do As Infinity is a good band (my favorite band), dream, Koda Kumi, BoA, Ayumi, Namie Amuro, V6, Hitomi, and lots more that I can't think of at the moment. And JRock, L'Arc~en~Ciel, The Pillows, Gackt, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Miyavi, and lots more. JR&B and Rap, Minmi, ShakkaZombie, Orange Range, M-Flo and many more. *sighs* It's so hard to name all the bands and artists I like. xP
Posted on: 2005/9/1 22:51
  •  princessbouncebounce
      princessbouncebounce
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/f/Philippines
BoA's songs are jumpy! Heehee. I recommend My Boy and Atlantis Princess. Namie Amuro sings well too! D/l Shine More when you can :)
Posted on: 2005/9/6 5:51
  •  Miiko
      Miiko
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/F/U.S
I used to listen to a lot of 80's and early 90's C-Pop. So I'm definately out of fashion in my generation. Waay! Waay! Behind. I don't really like today's C-Pop stars. They don't give me much originality and I'm very picky about it now. But I like a few of them.

C-Pop: Joey Yung, Dave Wang Chieh :D [she has good catchy songs and ballads. His stuff is deep and cool).
J-Pop: Namie Amuro, BoA (but I like her Korean stuff), Mika Nakashima, Mikuni Shimakuza (I think)

If you notify me, I can send you some C-pop for some preview. (Yes, it's legal). Lolx.
Posted on: 2005/10/14 15:23
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/F/FL
Well not all are Japanese but some good asian ones are

J-pop: AI, Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki & Puffy Ami Yumi
J-Rock: Miyavi, Dir en Grey, Malice Mizer & Gackt
C-pop: 2R & Faye Wong

Taiwan Pop: Energy & ummm theres another one but can't think of his name >.< If I do I'll let you know.

Those are just a few can't think of more right now
Posted on: 2005/12/17 19:07
  •  mountaineer
      mountaineer
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
not really into jpop. i just like hikki. if you like alternative, pop/rock try OPM (--->music fr. the Philippines if you don't know...). really cool. try Rivermaya (balisong, sunday driving, 214, you'll be safe here), bamboo (truth, f.u.), Eraserheads (with a smile; their disbanded like yrs ago but their music is worth checking out), Hale (broken sonnet, the day you said goodnight, blue sky, bent down), kitchie nadal (another day, same ground). if you like acoustic, try M.Y.M.P.
Posted on: 2006/6/3 5:06
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 18/male/Scotland, UK/Britain
errr well apart from j-pop/rock for asian music I listen to quite a lot of c-pop like Joey Yeung, Faye Wong, Jay Chow, Leo Ku and Kelly Chan. They're probably my favs but I listen to other singles like er Twins, William So and Michael kong leung. That's all I remember for now but there's this really famous new-ish guy called Rain, some hear have probably heard of him, he's Korean. I've not really heard his stuff properly but it sounds ok, although there was this Korean song that I really liked, it's called I believe, it was the theme song for the film My Sassy Girl (a good film), anyway hoped that helped
out for now
Posted on: 2006/6/3 9:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>