Poster Thread
Re: recommendations for asian music
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/F/FL
Well not all are Japanese but some good asian ones are

J-pop: AI, Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki & Puffy Ami Yumi
J-Rock: Miyavi, Dir en Grey, Malice Mizer & Gackt
C-pop: 2R & Faye Wong

Taiwan Pop: Energy & ummm theres another one but can't think of his name >.< If I do I'll let you know.

Those are just a few can't think of more right now
Posted on: 2005/12/17 19:07
  •  Miiko
      Miiko
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 15/F/U.S
I used to listen to a lot of 80's and early 90's C-Pop. So I'm definately out of fashion in my generation. Waay! Waay! Behind. I don't really like today's C-Pop stars. They don't give me much originality and I'm very picky about it now. But I like a few of them.

C-Pop: Joey Yung, Dave Wang Chieh :D [she has good catchy songs and ballads. His stuff is deep and cool).
J-Pop: Namie Amuro, BoA (but I like her Korean stuff), Mika Nakashima, Mikuni Shimakuza (I think)

If you notify me, I can send you some C-pop for some preview. (Yes, it's legal). Lolx.
Posted on: 2005/10/14 15:23
  •  princessbouncebounce
      princessbouncebounce
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/f/Philippines
BoA's songs are jumpy! Heehee. I recommend My Boy and Atlantis Princess. Namie Amuro sings well too! D/l Shine More when you can :)
Posted on: 2005/9/6 5:51
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
LOL I'm the same too, I really don't like Pop here in the US either. I just don't like it, but I'm a big time JPopper. I just love it and JRock. But yeah Do As Infinity is a good band (my favorite band), dream, Koda Kumi, BoA, Ayumi, Namie Amuro, V6, Hitomi, and lots more that I can't think of at the moment. And JRock, L'Arc~en~Ciel, The Pillows, Gackt, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Miyavi, and lots more. JR&B and Rap, Minmi, ShakkaZombie, Orange Range, M-Flo and many more. *sighs* It's so hard to name all the bands and artists I like. xP
Posted on: 2005/9/1 22:51
  •  LastOneSLeFt
      LastOneSLeFt
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 14/male/vermont
ok, thanks for the suggestions guys. But yea, i guess i like Jpop (although i hate pop music in the states). I've heard some of m-flo, BoA, ayumi, and Do As Infinity, but thats about it. Sorry i live in Vermont, so thats why i don't that many asian artists. Thanks again.
Posted on: 2005/8/29 8:53
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Actually...

If you were looking for something along the lines of Hikaru...there's a GREAT song by Yoshika and m-flo that sounds remarkably like her XD

It's called "Let Go" I think... haha.
Posted on: 2005/8/28 22:33
  •  Conan
      Conan
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/UK
Depends what music you're into.

If you're into popular Japanese female pop singers then I suppose some people would chose Ayumi Hamasaki or Boa. However I'm not a major fan of their music but I do like the tracks Evolution and Free & Easy by Ayumi. As for Boa... I just watch the music videos....

Posted on: 2005/8/28 16:01
  •  LastOneSLeFt
      LastOneSLeFt
recommendations for asian music
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 14/male/vermont
Hi everyone. I just recently got into asian music and the only person that really stands out to me in the asian industry is Hikki :) So i was wondering could you guys tell me some more great asian artists. That would be great, thanks.
Posted on: 2005/8/28 13:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12