123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  hikki_is_my_homegirl
      hikki_is_my_homegirl
Worried For This Isn't The One?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30-US
Maybe i'm just being a little pressitmtic but even with all this promotion i don't think it's enough. i have yet to see the music video play on MTV, VH1, or Fuse.
I haven't heard it on the radio at all even though i have request it a million times.
And no offense to the magazines but why isnt she on the cover of one yet????
i know everyone agrees the Hikki is AMAZING but i still dont think she is getting the credit she truly diserves.
Although i am extremely happy that it is number 2 or 3 on Itunes where is it on the billboard??? sadly not in the top 40!
sorry to rain on the parade you guys, just worried
Posted on: 2009/4/10 9:45
  •  dorkie_bunny
      dorkie_bunny
Re: Worried For This Isn't The One?
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/female/?
Not everyone is just going to suddenly notice her, with or without the promotions. I think they realized that, and that's why there making the album come out in May instead so they can promote her more. I've heard it on the radio station 96.3B96, and so have my friends. They play it on 101.3KDWB in Minneapolis, MN. So, there is lots of airplay. We're all a little worried, but we can't give up. We just all have to help promote her ^_^
I tell my friend's about her and they don't even know who she is, but they recognized her on the radio after me showing her new song to them once. Sorry, I'm like new to this website so I'm probably jabbering on lol.

Well that's what I think, it's just an opinion don't mind me ^_^
Posted on: 2009/4/10 10:26
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 17/F/USA
You also have to understand that the song was just released. A lot of songs you're hearing on the top 40 came out almost a year ago. Same with some of the new songs on the radio.
For example, 3oh!3's song "Don't Trust Me" only started to air daily recently. The album came out July 8th of last year.
Just the fact that her song has been played a few times I think is a huge success. It takes a lot of time to promote a song, especially someone new. We'll just have to wait a while. But continue to promote her. I'm really confident about this one.
Posted on: 2009/4/10 10:52
  •  eni-san
      eni-san
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L it's a secret
seeing as how Hikki only had a "cult following" (to quote one article) in the U.S. after Exodus (i think only like 60,000 CDs were sold), it's true that we can't expect her to become a widely-known artist overnight...maybe more things will happen when it gets closer to May 12th.

in the meantime, we loyal fans can talk Hikki up on the grassroots level. i've definitely thrown in some shameless plugs about Utada and TITO when talking to my friends...
Posted on: 2009/4/10 10:53
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/balitmore/M
you know what crazy guy on my cabel on damand utada come back to me video is on there but there some thing wrong it not the video it some regga video i have P off. and they have not changed it
Posted on: 2009/4/10 12:26
  •  jrockn
      jrockn
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/F/happiest place on earth, angriest city in America
I wouldn't be surprised if this was it for TITO. I was surprised to find Exodus (when it came out) at Target, but since I didn't see BoA I'm thinking they might not get Utada (at least not at my Target).

It's hard to break into the US market as a "foreign artist" & I'm not sure whats "in" right now but I don't think TITO falls in that category...but I could be wrong.
Posted on: 2009/4/10 16:42
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Re: Worried For This Isnt The One?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I still think TITO will break in. She's probably not going to blow up like she did in japan when she debuted but this IS a different bigger country than japan(Bigger? I know there's a lot of people in Japan but the U.S. is MUCH larger as country).

Don't lose faith people! This IS the one!
Posted on: 2009/4/10 17:02
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
What a bunch of naysayers, the album doesn't even officially drop till May 12th and the single CBTM is still getting decent airplay and promotion and a bunch of you are already calling it a failure? WTF?

And just look at the subject name: Worried for This Isn't The One.
That's terrible, are you really a fan?
Posted on: 2009/4/10 20:59
  •  eni-san
      eni-san
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L it's a secret
TITO has more of a mainstream sound. so in my opinion i think it will be better received than Exodus was.

as for everything else, all we can do is wait and see.

another thing...is there any way we can change the title of this thread? seeing "This ISN'T the One" is too pessimistic for me...*shrugs*
Posted on: 2009/4/10 20:59
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
It is also important not to have unrealistic expectations towards this album. Heavier promotion may yet come in the months following.
Posted on: 2009/4/10 23:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>