<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Re: Utada in People!
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
I don't quite agree with the review either, but at least she's being compared to someone as big and as talented as Mariah Carey.
And you guys GOTTA remember! These people are basing their reviews off her AMERICAN/ENGLISH work...I think if they had a listen a couple of her Japanese albums, they'd be singing a different tune.
Posted on: 2009/4/13 10:37
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Ahhh, that's true!! Being compared to a singer as great as Mariah Carey... Yeah, that seems to give out a few cookie points. :D I hope people listen to her stuff and find out that the review is a little wrong. :'D
Posted on: 2009/4/13 13:28
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
I picked up the magazine and was quite shocked at the little space they were put in. It's half of one page. And wtf does that mean "Fluffy lyrics?" Man, she should be on the cover of various magazines and have four or five pages dedicated to her.
Posted on: 2009/4/13 18:35
  •  Somejuan0
      Somejuan0
UN Reporter
A/S/L Male
email the editors at people.com so we can tell them to take out that comment and to write a better comment. Also recommend interviews. We could promote her that way possibly too! :) Do it!!!!
Posted on: 2009/4/14 0:12
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
I picked up the magazine and was quite shocked at the little space they were put in. It's half of one page. And wtf does that mean "Fluffy lyrics?" Man, she should be on the cover of various magazines and have four or five pages dedicated to her.

UR SO RIGHT!
Posted on: 2009/4/14 3:27
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Hikki101 wrote:
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:

UR SO RIGHT!

>_> I also agree with this statement. I think it would be worth it if she WAS on a cover of People Magazine (and more mags ;D) and have two-three pages dedicated to her. It'd be good exposure, too.

Although, maybe we should just ... look at this as a small tiny step to that kind of goal ?? It's prolly just out there to let people know who's who in the Asian Invasion. ESPECIALLY if it's only half a page long. But at least it's something even though it's just a tiny bit of publicity. I think it's at least a start if anything. And if they ARE to have her on a magazine cover with a whole interview section of her, I think the timing would be better if more people knew about her (like maybe around the time her CD comes out in May or after her songs becomes well known). That way both Utada AND said magazine would get a lot of money out of it. :B ...does that make sense? >_>

Quote:

utada4251 wrote:
email the editors at people.com so we can tell them to take out that comment and to write a better comment. Also recommend interviews. We could promote her that way possibly too! :) Do it!!!!

Yes, and THAT is a really good idea actually. ;B Because I do believe that, as fans, we also have a little bit of influence on the media, too. That's why we have to spread the word to everyone about her ... and also email People.com editors. XD
Posted on: 2009/4/14 14:56
  •  plum_blossoms
      plum_blossoms
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Yeah I kind of agree...when I first read it, they didn't really describe her well... "fluffy Mariah"? Utada's unique and artists are different too, don't compare her to other artists. I've read better reviews...
Posted on: 2009/4/14 15:04
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

plum_blossoms wrote:
Yeah I kind of agree...when I first read it, they didn't really describe her well... "fluffy Mariah"? Utada's unique and artists are different too, don't compare her to other artists. I've read better reviews...

Yeah, like... what the heck? Although it was great that she was compared to someone as good as Mariah, i just kind of wish the descriptions and comparisons were... more accurate? >__> I guess they'd be comparing differently if they heard her older stuff.
Posted on: 2009/4/14 15:11
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
utada hikaru is utada hikaru!

she is nobody else!!!
Posted on: 2009/4/15 18:02
Hikki Obsessed